Worldwide Random Release 2010, 30th April - 3rd May 2010

Isobel&Neil

Posted Feb 2, 2010, 8:31 am
Due to popular demand there will be a Worldwide Random Release again this year. 

'Releasing again in 2010'(!) are:
Isobel&Neil - UK
BunTraveler - US
AbbyB - Canada
Brilliantlyxx - US
babyamy - Germany
Becka_Kate - Australia
vivyanhui
pegger
MorgenSter - The Netherlands
miapearl - UK
BlackCat - Germany
ProwlWorshipper - Australia
Pandamao - Germany
ashl_bee - US
iloveletters - Germany
nancyjb - US
wolljule - Germany
Hardway
olgamaus

FOUND!
Puuh A. Nalle - Stockholm (early release)

Please join in if you can - all you need is one toy (one you have already, buy one, or one from a charity shop) and then PM us for an ID.  Make a tag and release it 'into the wild' somewhere fun over the weekend of 30 April - 2nd May.  ToyVoyagers can get picked up straightaway, or sometimes not turn up for years - it's all part of the journey!

This will be the first weekend in May.  please ask if you have any questions - we have tried to answer a few below ;)

What is a Wild Release?
It essentially involves leaving a ToyVoyager in a public place for somebody to find at random.  The idea is that the finder of the toy takes it travelling with them and you get to share it's adventures because they write updates and upload photos to its travelog.

Get Involved! - Release some ToyVoyagers yourself!!
If you have never tried releasing a ToyVoyager into the wild, the Worldwide Release Weekend is a great time to do it.  You will be joining lots of other members in an experiment to see what happens to them when they are left in public places for people to find at random.  You never know, they could end up travelling for thousands of miles!

How to get involved:

1) Get yourself some smallish toys stuffed toys

2) Reply to this forum topic saying how many ToyVoyagers you want to release and in which country.

3) We will send you an ID number for each ToyVoyager that you are going to release.

4) Once you have the IDs you will be able to create a profiles and travelogs for each ToyVoyager.

5) Make an ID tag for each ToyVoyager.
The ID tag needs to include a short message directing the finder of the ToyVoyager to toyvoyagers.com, along with the ID number which will allow the finder to write a travelog update when they get here.

6) Encourage other members to get involved while you're waiting for the Release weekend to get here.

7) On the Release Weekend (30th April - 3rd May) leave your ToyVoyagers in public places for people to find at random.

8) Wait and see what happens!!

There's only one proper rule:
Any ToyVoyagers that you set up must be released into the wild, you can't just keep them or send them off to hosts.  These IDs will not be counted towards your normal five-toyvoyager limit.

Kind Regards
Isobel and Neil

AbbyB

Posted Feb 3, 2010, 6:00 am
I'm definitely in. I just checked my 'small, releasable toys' pile and I have about half a dozen. It's right in my break between semesters as well.

Come to think of it, maybe I should release some toys during the Olympics. My mom works right downtown in a 'red zone' that should be full of tourists; maybe I'll send a couple with her. Can I have three IDs now?

Oh! I should release a toy or two in Fiji! Maybe at the resort we'll be staying at when we are doing our excavation.
brilliantlyxx

Posted Feb 3, 2010, 5:26 pm
Oooo! I'm excited about this! The first weekend of May is when a festival takes place in my town. Saturday is when people from all over the area come, so it's usually busy and very easy to leave a toy with the crowds.

Just hope it doesn't rain like last year. That was hard trying to find a place to put them where they wouldn't soil and get ruined.
Isobel&Neil

Posted Feb 4, 2010, 9:33 pm
Thanks BunTraveler, AbbyB and brilliantly for joining in!

I'll send out these IDs out tomorrow.

Please add yourself to the list if you wish to join in on the Worldwide release: the more the merrier!

Kind Regards
I
Isobel&Neil

Posted Feb 5, 2010, 7:20 am
IDs for the WW random release sent out to BunTraveler and AbbyB - brilliantlyXX can you let me know how many and I will do them for you :)

Thanks for joining in - looking forward to seeing your new TVs :)
babyamy

Posted Feb 7, 2010, 8:01 pm
Thanks for starting this again! My plan for this year is to release some croucheted TVs. I have so much left over yarn and some great pattern for little ghosts, now I have finally a reason to make them. :)
I'll let you know when need the IDs.
brilliantlyxx

Posted Feb 8, 2010, 6:06 am
I plan to go through my basement tomorrow and see what little toys I can find to be TVs, so I'll let you know then. :)
becka_kate

Posted Feb 8, 2010, 7:44 am
AbbyB said:

Oh!  I should release a toy or two in Fiji!  Maybe at the resort we'll be staying at when we are doing our excavation.

Definitely - the only toys I've ever had picked up were released while I was travelling (tho one was Linda's - does that count???) - one on the Amtrak out of Eugene and one I left in the HI in Washington DC in a bookshelf in the common area.

I'm in! Will have to search out some toys.... I know I refound some that I got from the 'old' foster?? home system .......
Isobel&Neil

Posted Feb 11, 2010, 9:23 am
Updated first post - please join in if you can :)
vivyanhui

Posted Feb 12, 2010, 7:32 am
Get to know this event from my TV's travelog updates,
sounds interesting!
I would like to release one~ And it's great that there's enough time for me to prepare for it...
Just one thing to worry is that seems not many suitable places for releasing in Hong Kong... :(
vivyanhui

Posted Feb 12, 2010, 7:34 am
ya, btw, where can I check out the past posts about the Worldwide Random Release? :rolleyes:
pegger

Posted Feb 12, 2010, 9:51 am
I will be a part of it too. But at the moment I donnot know how many toys I will have.
Isobel&Neil

Posted Feb 14, 2010, 5:53 pm
Thanks for joining in to vivyanhui and pegger - as long as it's safe to do so you can leave TVs anywhere - we've left them in cafes, bookshops, libraries as well as tourist and beauty spots.

Anyone else?
MorgenSter

Posted Feb 23, 2010, 9:11 pm
I would like to try it. I was afraid of leaving one of mine into the wild because of the limit... but if this one won't count as one of the 5... I'm definetelly up for it... i'm so curious to see how it will work and i already know where to take it... it will definetelly find someone there :D

I want to be a part of it and I'll be releasing it in The Netherlands.

Thanks in advance :D
Isobel&Neil

Posted Feb 23, 2010, 10:11 pm
Thanks to all joining in - please encourage others to take part!
MorgenSter

Posted Feb 24, 2010, 1:25 pm
I'm already encouraging my friends to join as well! I think it's a great project :D The more participants the more the chances of a larger number os tvs being found and uploaded :D
When we get the ID for this project ? I assume everyone will get at the same time a bit before the release!!!
miapearl

Posted Feb 26, 2010, 6:56 pm
I am definitely interested - don't know yet how many though to do.
BlackCat

Posted Mar 9, 2010, 9:23 pm
I will join this as well. Sort out a lot Toys for it already and will ask for numbers later :)!
Isobel&Neil

Posted Mar 10, 2010, 6:29 pm
Thanks blackcat, miapearl and MorgenSter for your interest - just let us know how many IDs you need (PM Isobel&Neil is best) and we will sort out your IDs for the Worldwide Release.

Looking forward to seeing your travellers online soon (and must get on with doing ours!)

Thanks for your support
Kind Regards
I&M
MorgenSter

Posted Mar 11, 2010, 9:09 am
Huuum... I'll try just one hehehe Let's see what happens. I'd like one ID only then :D
Isobel&Neil

Posted Mar 11, 2010, 9:18 am
@MorgenSter - please check your messenger for your Worldwide Release ID.

Kind Regards
I&N
Prowl_Worshipper
gotham.city@bigpond.com

Posted Mar 16, 2010, 4:44 am
Oh me me please! I missed this last year and I would love to join in this time! I'm not sure how many I will have to release yet but it will be more than one! Count me in :D
miapearl

Posted Mar 16, 2010, 9:59 am
I think I will like to do 3 releases. I have bought some soft toys from charity shops
Isobel&Neil

Posted Mar 16, 2010, 7:12 pm
miapearl - thank you - please check your messenger :)
babyamy

Posted Mar 18, 2010, 8:39 pm
I'll have already two going to be TVs waiting here, please send me two IDs. :)
Isobel&Neil

Posted Mar 20, 2010, 9:11 am
Thanks babyamy - please check your messenger

BlackCat - 20 IDs for the Worldwide release heading your way! Thank you

Kind Regards
Isobel
Pandamao

Posted Mar 20, 2010, 10:15 pm
Great, I'll try again this year .... and see if the turbine in front of the German Museum still works ;-)

Please send me 5 IDs for now. If I have more TVs than that to release I assume that I could ask for more.
Isobel&Neil

Posted Mar 21, 2010, 11:41 am
Hi Pandamao

5 IDs on their way to you.

Of course there are more if you want them ;)

Kind Regards
Isobel
babyamy

Posted Mar 21, 2010, 5:10 pm
Thank you for the codes, I'll write the first updates tonight. :)

Here are the two still nameless Zipfelchen who will become wild TVs. They look bigger on this photo then they are, they are about 9 cm high when they sit.
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp226/kawie88/103_5939.jpg
miapearl

Posted Mar 21, 2010, 7:56 pm
Wow, they are cute!
ashl_bee

Posted Mar 22, 2010, 4:43 pm
I would love to participate this year in the wild release. Can I just have 1 ID for now?
vivyanhui

Posted Mar 24, 2010, 10:54 am
hello, i decided to have 4 for the release,
all of them will be released in hong kong,
pls let me have the IDs~~ ;)
Isobel&Neil

Posted Mar 24, 2010, 10:00 pm
Thanks ashl_bee and vivyanhui - your IDs should be there for you now. Thanks for joining in.

Kind Regards
I&N
iloveletters

Posted Mar 27, 2010, 9:36 am
I  think I' ll try to release one TV in Germany. Curious what will happen...
Can you please send me one ID?
vivyanhui

Posted Mar 29, 2010, 6:23 am
I have received my codes,

but for the tag, other than the TV's name & ID,
what do I need to write on it? :stare:
Nancyjb

Posted Mar 30, 2010, 12:24 am
Hi
I'm going to send off two TV's in the world wide release here in San Diego CA. I know they'll get found and hopefully the finders will post.
wolljule

Posted Mar 30, 2010, 7:10 pm
Hello,
I´m a newbie at TV, but I´m very interested in it. I have a lot of small toys who wants to see the world.
Please could you send me 3 IDs for my toys I will let free in Germany?
Thanks and best wishes
wolljule
Isobel&Neil

Posted Apr 2, 2010, 6:02 pm
@vivyanhui

We have written on ours:

I am not lost: I am a travelling toy.
Please take me with you and write about my adventures on my Travelog at www.toyvoyagers.com. Thank you.
(Plus ToyVoyager's name and ID number)

It doesn't matter too much what you write on the tag, but you need to make it obvious that they should pick up the ToyVoyager and check in at www.toyvoyagers.com to add to the adventure.

It is better not to put a password on the travelog, as anyone who finds the toyvoyager may want to get straight on and do an update, without having to check in with its mentor for the Travelog password. If you want to password protect your TV's Travelog, you should ideally write the password on the tag too.

Hope that helps.
Kind Regards
Isobel&Neil

Isobel&Neil

Posted Apr 2, 2010, 6:05 pm
@iloveletters, Nancyjb, wolljule

Thanks for joining in! We obviously can't guarantee your ToyVoyager will be picked up and updated, but hopefully you will get a success story. Sometimes it takes a while, so it's worth being patient too ....

Your IDs and activation codes have been sent to you, so you can get on with starting your TVs' profiles and travelogs.

Lookg forward to seeing your TVs.

Kind Regards
Isobel and Neil
Hardway
4299273@gmail.com

Posted Apr 7, 2010, 4:34 pm
I ordered some tags today...hopefully they will arrive before WWRR 2010 so we can participate.
olgamaus

Posted Apr 7, 2010, 4:40 pm
I'd like to have 5 IDs for my wild releases please.
Isobel&Neil

Posted Apr 7, 2010, 5:37 pm
Hardway - I sent you a (very long-winded and possibly confusing) message - PM me to let me know what you want to do.

olgamaus - thank you - I'm sending you 5 IDs by separate messages - looking forward to seeing your new TVs.

Kind Regards
Isobel

edit: Olgamaus - I lost count! Pls let me know if I didn't give you enough! (guess who's in holiday mode ;) )
olgamaus

Posted Apr 7, 2010, 5:45 pm
Thank you :)
Delenna

Posted Apr 7, 2010, 5:51 pm
I did my wild releases a bit early as I wanted to do it in Stockholm Sweden. My previous 3 Finnish releases are yet to be found/updated. So, I though I should give the Swedes a chance :)

The best news is: one is found and updated allready!  :cyclops:
Can you imagine me going all "WOHOO!"  :D The lucky voyager is Puuh. A. Nalle :) The one who found & updated sent me a pm with a few questions, I hope I didn't scare her off with my "WOHOO!"  :D
olgamaus

Posted Apr 7, 2010, 7:19 pm
Here they are :D

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4500090963_36547bbf77_o.jpg
Isobel&Neil

Posted Apr 7, 2010, 8:53 pm
Thanks olgamaus - Nice to see some TVs ready for adventure - and great news Delenna for Puuh A. Nalle!!!

Less than four weeks to go before the Worldwide Release Weekend 'officially' starts ... who could you send out on an adventure??  B)

Rennire
ren.the.great@hotmail.com

Posted Apr 10, 2010, 2:32 am
Hi, I would like to join!

I have 7 toys that I need IDs for.

Thank you!
Hardway
4299273@gmail.com

Posted Apr 11, 2010, 4:40 am
stony plains is tagged and ready to run. I'm going to set him free from Ottawa Canada. My wife is going to be in Edmonton Canada that same week, so we are planning to set someone free from there too. This is so much fun  :D

cheers
Hardway
babyamy

Posted Apr 18, 2010, 6:53 pm
I have three more little guys which will need IDs. :)

I'll release two TVs at the campus of the university in Hamburg and three in and hopefully around Schwerin. One will be placed on the castle island again. :)

If I have enough time, I'll crouchet more, I'm a bit addicted ;)
miapearl

Posted Apr 21, 2010, 11:17 pm
May I have another 2 wild-release IDs please.

I wish I had taken more notice of knitting/crochet from my grandmother - perhaps I would have been able to knit/crochet some cute toyvoyagers. I think I can sew though!
Vanja

Posted Apr 24, 2010, 5:57 pm
I would love to participate in the wild release.

Can you please send me one ID?

I hope that it will work here, that someone won't pick him up and take home or throw him away...

Or that he will be found by someone who doesn't know what the internet is :cyclops:
Vanja

Posted Apr 24, 2010, 6:06 pm
One question - from which materials do you make ID tag?

Should I put it on a chain or what? Thank you!
ashl_bee

Posted Apr 24, 2010, 8:44 pm
May I have 1 more wild release ID?

We are very excited for this!
AbbyB

Posted Apr 25, 2010, 12:03 am
Can I have two IDs please? I have three left over from the six you PMd me before the Olympics. Actually, make it five more and I'll release five next Friday and three in Fiji.
pegger

Posted Apr 26, 2010, 9:20 pm
I like to have 7 ID´s
Vanja

Posted Apr 26, 2010, 10:21 pm
When will we get IDs? :p The weekend is coming :D
Admin

Posted Apr 27, 2010, 9:47 am
Hi all,

I have sent out the IDs - I think we're up to date. If anyone still needs any more, just let me know!

If you're reading this thread and fancy joining in, it's not too late, just reply to this topic saying how many ToyVoyagers you want to release into the wild and we'll send you some IDs

Good luck everyone!

Neil

AbbyB

Posted Apr 27, 2010, 7:00 pm
Vanja said:
One question - from which materials do you make ID tag?

Should I put it on a chain or what? Thank you!

I usually write mine out on printer paper, then sandwich it between two pieces of packing tape to waterproof it, then attach it to the wild TV with some embroidery floss.
McFloozy

Posted Apr 27, 2010, 8:37 pm
Hi,
I'd like to release 5 TVs into the wild this weekend. Please send IDs.

Do you know how many wild releases are planned in total? What a worldwide event!

Thanks,
Sue
Pandamao

Posted Apr 27, 2010, 9:05 pm
Am I greedy if I ask for 10 more IDs?? :thinking:

I received some more TVs (donations for release).

Thanks in advance ;)
Vanja

Posted Apr 27, 2010, 9:11 pm
Wow how many wild TVs! :)

I would be so happy that someone else from Croatia also join this, it is so fun! :)

I am also thinking about releasing another TV :D
Vanja

Posted Apr 28, 2010, 11:03 am
Yes, I want another ID if it isn't too late :)
Admin

Posted Apr 28, 2010, 11:10 am
Vanja, Pandamao, McFloozy - we have sent you your IDs. Good luck and thanks for joining in!
Vanja

Posted Apr 28, 2010, 5:07 pm
Thank you! Now I have to figure it out where to release him and make him ID :)
bruehwuerfelchen

Posted Apr 28, 2010, 9:31 pm
Can I still join?
If yes, I would like to get 4 ID's.
I would like to release some in Turkey
Admin

Posted Apr 29, 2010, 8:31 pm
Of course! Thanks for joining in - we have sent you four IDs :)
BlackCat

Posted Apr 29, 2010, 9:40 pm
Can you send me 10 more? :) I know I didn't register the others until now, but I will as soon as possible :)!
AbbyB

Posted Apr 30, 2010, 7:38 am
Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, and Felton are all ready to go!
Admin

Posted Apr 30, 2010, 8:48 am
They look great Abby !

BlackCat - 10 more IDs sent :)

Good luck everyone
Pandamao

Posted Apr 30, 2010, 8:57 pm
Two released last night - two found (Peppi and Minelle)
AbbyB

Posted May 1, 2010, 5:29 am
All five released, one found so far!  Ainslie!
miapearl

Posted May 1, 2010, 12:58 pm
Will be releasing a couple today...
bruehwuerfelchen

Posted May 1, 2010, 7:31 pm
Hello.:)
I released Kurbaga today. When I checked the place after two hours again, he was gone. So at least someone took him. :)
Pandamao

Posted May 1, 2010, 7:49 pm
have released 6 more this evening
olgamaus

Posted May 1, 2010, 8:15 pm
I released 3 in Essen, two in the "Zollverein"-area and one in a Starbucks café. My colleague took 2 with her to another place in the Ruhr area.
miapearl

Posted May 1, 2010, 10:40 pm
miapearl said:
Will be releasing a couple today...

Released. One was released at a cafe in a bookstore (asked permission, and one member of staff said that perhaps she'd take it home with her if no-one claimed it by tomorrow!). Showed her and a couple of other members of staff the TV of the week being photo-copied! Perhaps new members?!
I suppose I should get the other 3 wild release-tvs sorted for release tomorrow/Monday. Not sure where we'll go though...
Admin

Posted May 2, 2010, 8:39 am
Great work everyone!

I am wondering whether the wild releases will have an even higher success rate because more people have the internet on their cell phones.
It means they can check what they have to do when they first find the TV, rather than having to wait until they get home...

I guess we will find out soon enough!
Vanja

Posted May 2, 2010, 10:45 am
I released 2, one was found and updated (but just one sentence, that he is found :( I hope that it will be updated soon or passed to someone else), the other one - it seems that no one picked him up or just isn't interested in writing here...
miapearl

Posted May 2, 2010, 11:56 am
Admin said:
Great work everyone!

I am wondering whether the wild releases will have an even higher success rate because more people have the internet on their cell phones. 
It means they can check what they have to do when they first find the TV, rather than having to wait until they get home...

I guess we will find out soon enough!

How many new people joined last year as a result of the worldwide random release in 2009? I wonder how many will join this year...
babyamy

Posted May 2, 2010, 8:53 pm
I released two in Hambrg which have been picked up and three in Schwerin. One TV (I forgot to check which one it was) sat on the foot of a statue in the castle garden. Me and my boyfriend watched a couple of persons who had a look at it, but noone took it with them. :( At least most of them took a photo ;)
No news yet from any TV...
Hardway
4299273@gmail.com

Posted May 4, 2010, 1:32 am
I released 4. Stony Plains, Modi, Magni & Thrud in Ottawa Canada. Magni and Thrud have been picked up and had travel logs updated already. (no word on Stony or Modi.
miapearl

Posted May 4, 2010, 12:44 pm
I managed to release 5 tvs over the bank holiday weekend. I saw a small child holding one of them!
Xadrian
xadriankruez@hotmail.com

Posted May 5, 2010, 12:50 am
I released one on Monday outside where the lunch truck sits at my work. I thought it would be a good idea as most of the people I work with are young and more likely to update my TV's journal if he was picked up.  Tenebrous I saw a guy picking it up and reading it, but then he put it down. When I went back later to see if the kitty was still there he was gone... but alas no updates on his travel journal.
bruehwuerfelchen

Posted May 5, 2010, 7:31 am
CivCiv, Horoz and Kurbaga were picked up but no news from them.
Ayicik wasn't picked up by now, so I decided to take him to an other place today.
iloveletters

Posted May 5, 2010, 4:09 pm
Oliver  was released just the other day... let's see if there will be any news soon!
Pandamao

Posted May 12, 2010, 9:18 pm
Only some of the ones I had released at Deutsches Museum had been updated - all the others I've not heard from :(

Because it was raining so much I did not release all the TVs I had activated - I'll set them free during the next week-ends .... preferably at the turbine in front of the museum which worked so well last year and this year ;)
Vanja

Posted May 14, 2010, 9:23 pm
My Zagi already visited 3 places! :)

But no news from Ranko :(
Nancyjb

Posted May 30, 2010, 10:07 pm
I release Bubbly Bunny and Rosie Bear at the Scrapbook Expo in San Diego and Rosie Bear has an update!

She's gone to Seattle and Alaska so hopefully she will write about it and post photos.
pegger

Posted Jun 11, 2010, 5:12 pm
Surprise!!!!

I have sent Luna in Göttingen (in the Department of German Philology and Scandinavian Philology) in the wilderness and now they appeared in Zagreb again :-)

A great surprise today :-)
pegger

Posted Jun 23, 2010, 7:18 pm
yeah another wild tv (Lena) has a update :-) I am happy :-)

Who has updates too??!?!?!
vivyanhui

Posted Jun 24, 2010, 3:58 am
great news~~

but all of mine disappeared... :(

Back