It's Picture Day! ***CLOSED***

klubwerks

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 11:50 pm
This contest is about showing off your Toyvoyager's character. You can dress him/her up, or have them in their birthday suit in front of a lovely background. You just take a portrait photo of your Toyvoyager. You can submit a portrait of as many of your TV's as you want. The photo must be a full body view of your TV. Once all the photos have been submitted, everyone gets to vote on their favorite portrait. Whoever gets the most votes wins the prize!

The prize is a secret! This time, it's not a handmade TV. It's something unique and one of kind.

Submit your photos by Monday October 31th. Voting will be held from Nov. 1 - 7. The prize will be ready that weekend.

Gizalba

Posted Oct 24, 2011, 12:12 am
Yay! :) This is a portrait picture of my new Monkey who doesn't yet have a name. I may ask on another forum for name ideas... She is female. I haven't yet got an activation code for her, but she will become a TV soon. Can she still enter the competition?

I will hopefully get some more portraits of other TVs done in time for the closing date!
marina

Posted Oct 24, 2011, 2:28 am
Here's Franklin's entry! It's a photo we didn't post from when we were watching the Tigers game just the other day. We have a couple other photos that I think are MUCH better portrait photos, however they are not quite full-body pictures unfortunately. :(

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-7-Up2oQKGVs/TqBggYOyX3I/AAAAAAAABIE/BYFqGKoHhhs/s800/IMG_3004.JPG

Franklin really loves baseball so I think this photo captures his personality very well! ;)

By the way klubwerks, even if the prize is not a handmade TV, isn't a handmade TV "something unique and one of kind" by its very nature? :D Heehee.
klubwerks

Posted Oct 25, 2011, 2:57 am
Yes, Gizalba, you can still enter the cute monkey.

I like both portraits so far. Franklin in his uniform is too cute ;-)
orangesunshine

Posted Oct 26, 2011, 3:35 pm
may i introduce: this is d'artagnan. he is always where the food is.
http://www.guidoswelt.de/napoleon/blaufant-kuerbis.jpg

[edit: photo reloaded since flickr has kicked me off]
Leslee

Posted Oct 26, 2011, 4:43 pm
Ooh another Klubwerks competition!  I couldn't do the last one...

Can I submit an old photo!  My toy voyagers are all way, unless I can take a photo of a toy I am hosting?

This is Baby Gonga on a camping trip a few years ago
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd358/hipapotomus/gongastent.jpg
I don't know if it counts because I took it so long ago.
Leslee

Posted Oct 26, 2011, 4:47 pm
Gizalba your orangutang is gorgeous and deserves to have a gorgeous name.

It was a great idea to photograph Franklin in his tigers kit as it shows off his blue yes.

Orangesunshine I have seen D'artagnan in a post somewhere and it is lovely to see that he has been an active toy voyager for quite some time before joining here. He is very handsome.
marina

Posted Oct 26, 2011, 5:50 pm
Oooh, how cute Baby Gonga is!! :stare:

Franklin thanks for the compliment, Leslee. He is very proud of his blue eyes (and everything else about himself. He has a big ego for a little teddy bear!)

Gizalba, your beautiful orangutan seems to me to have the color of burnt sienna. How about Sienna for a name? :rolleyes:
Gizalba

Posted Oct 28, 2011, 12:33 am
Leslee - Is that a Baby-Gonga-sized tent behind Baby Gonga?! How adorable :D

Marina - I have just googled the colour of burnt sienna, and you are right! It is a perfect name, thankyou so much. Sienna is very happy now :) I got her from a charity shop but her fur is so soft... I'm not sure I can part with her now so maybe she can become a stay at home host TV... We'll see ;) Franklin's blue eyes really are stunning, hearing about his big ego made me laugh.

Klubwerks - I am glad Sienna is allowed to enter :P
marina

Posted Oct 28, 2011, 12:44 am
Haha! Oh wow, I'm happy you chose the name. :p I think it fits her very well! She looks so sweet.

Don't send her out in the world if you feel yourself becoming attached. I know I wouldn't. Or if you do, maybe send it to trusted hosts only in your own country. My fear is always TV's getting lost in the mail when shipping internationally. Even more so because in my home country (Argentina) it's not uncommon for packages to "disappear" on the way --whoever handles the mail steals it if they suspect something valuable may be inside! :mad: We don't send greeting cards with little gifts inside back to our country anymore. Thankfully here in the USA I don't have this problem (I've been living here for ten years now.)

By the way, Franklin is asking me if Boris Tonks would like to visit Florida. ;)
Zandy

Posted Oct 28, 2011, 9:58 am
I'm new here, but I read allready some Topics. And I think the
competitions are very well. Hoppsi is on his first journey
so I can't take an actual picture (from today ^^) from him. But I
made some before he go out. I would like the following picture,
because I think it's the lovliest one of him (at the moment). You
can it see also in his travellog.

Sorry the upload from the picture didn't work the first time.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/ToyVoyagerHost/Hoppsi/01.jpg
orangesunshine

Posted Oct 28, 2011, 2:05 pm
@leslee: d'artagnan is always travelling with me. he won't toytravel alone. he's got his own blog in german at blaufant.guidoswelt.de. but his smaller nephew napoleon will do so soon :p
sararingham
sara.ringham@gmail.com

Posted Oct 28, 2011, 2:57 pm
Toothy Walrus in the Aussie outback with the famous red centre dirt... :-P

I also have a couple more, but I'm not sure if they qualify because they're with another TV... but obviously Toothy is the main theme point for these... I'll only put the links though unless it doesn't count...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/saragoescrazy2/shellybeach5_bluebottles.jpg (with the infamous Aussie blue bottle jellyfish)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/saragoescrazy2/toothy_bug.jpg (with a stick insect)
sararingham
sara.ringham@gmail.com

Posted Oct 28, 2011, 2:58 pm
Might help if I actually post the photo... ;-)
klubwerks

Posted Oct 28, 2011, 5:51 pm
Zandy: the photos don't have to be from today ;-) I liked it!

Sararingham: Strangely enough, here in Oklahoma we are known for our red dirt too.
klubwerks

Posted Oct 31, 2011, 1:29 am
Tomorrow is the last day for this photo. Get your portraits in if you want the secret prize!
Katara

Posted Oct 31, 2011, 5:50 am
Nate is a South African lion cub. He constantly snacks on junk food and he loves playing Xbox!

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk85/Katara007/XboxB-1.jpg
klubwerks

Posted Nov 2, 2011, 1:41 am
Voting begins today and ends on November 7th. Anyone can vote, including the contestants (vote for yourself if you want)! Number each contestant from 1 (being your top favorite) to 7.

Here is my vote:

1 Katara's Nate
2 Zandy's Hoppsi
3 Marina's Franklin
4 Leslee's Baby Gonga
5 Sararingham's Toothy Walrus
6 Gizalba's monkey
7 Orangesunshine's D'artagnan

All the entries were so cute <3

Leslee

Posted Nov 2, 2011, 8:40 pm
I found this really difficult to do but once I started thinking about the competition description about showing the toys character it got a bit easier, but still a tough call...

1 Orangesunshine's D'artagnan
2 Katara's Nate
3 Marina's Franklin
4 Zandy's Hoppsi
5 Gizalba's orangutan
6 Sararingham's Toothy Walrus

No number 7 because Baby Gonga is mine.

You should see how many times I cut and pasted this list changing them all around because I loved them all!
klubwerks

Posted Nov 2, 2011, 10:24 pm
You can vote for your own entry and I'll let you change your vote if you want to ;-)
Leslee

Posted Nov 2, 2011, 10:26 pm
:OD Ok,

7 My Baby Gonga :OD
LittleCableCars

Posted Nov 3, 2011, 4:15 pm
1 Gizalba's Sienna: Monkey holds his own against competing oil portrait. ;)
2 Marina's Franklin: “Material guy” with attitude; what will the well-dressed Teddy wear next?
3 Zandy's sweet Hoppsi: Photogenic bunnies make great TVs
Zandy

Posted Nov 3, 2011, 5:05 pm
Puhhhh ... not easy to vote. But finally twelfe points go to ... Oh sorry, this is another competition ;)

1 orangesunshine’s D’Artagnan
2 Leslee’s Baby Gonga
3 marina’s Franklin
4 Katara’s Nate
5 Gizalba‘s Monkey
6 sararingham’s Walrus
7 My Hoppsi ;-)
Gizalba

Posted Nov 4, 2011, 8:58 am
Ooh, this is indeed hard! I too kept swapping them around. Erm... could I possibly just vote for my top 3 favourites? I feel bad that listing 7 seems to reflect which ones were my least favourite, as I do like them all. However let me know if I have to list all 7?

I think the voting is fun though :)

1. Katara's Nate
2. Orangesunshine's D'Artagnan
3. Leslee's Baby Gonga
Leslee

Posted Nov 4, 2011, 10:06 pm
I agree with you Gizalba because my list doesn't reflect how I feel about them, I think top three voting is best...
orangesunshine

Posted Nov 5, 2011, 8:06 am
i have discussed it with d'artagnan the whole night.
he thinks he is the cutest ... the others are cute as well. the first three haven't been easy. and, we have decided to give three 4th ranks in alphabetical order, if allowed.

1. katara's nate
2. marina's franklin
3. gizalba's monkey
4. leslee's baby gonga
4. zandy's hoppsi
4. sararingham's toothy walrus
Tomi

Posted Nov 6, 2011, 6:43 pm
Here are two Pictures the user L I M E T R E E made from my Bear Tomi the Bear. I like them because of the nice Background :) They are in Rom at the Coloseum and taken from the top of the Petersdom at the Vatikan :) I love them
Kaylie

Posted Nov 6, 2011, 6:51 pm
1 Gizalba‘s Monkey
2 orangesunshine’s D’Artagnan
3 Hoppsi (can´t remember the username ^^ sry)
4 marina’s Franklin
5 Katara’s Nate
6 sararingham’s Walrus
7 Leslee’s Baby Gonga
klubwerks

Posted Nov 7, 2011, 5:52 pm
I am sick... so I'm extending the voting until I'm well and then I can announce the winner and work on the prize.

Yall can vote however it feels comfortable to you ;-)
LittleCableCars

Posted Nov 8, 2011, 2:28 am
Take care, Amelia.
klubwerks

Posted Nov 13, 2011, 8:32 am
I am finally starting to feel better now! I should be able to work on the secret prize this next weekend. Nate had the most 1st place votes, so he wins! Sometime next weekend you'll get your surprise <3

Everyone's portraits were adorable. I loved them all!
Zandy

Posted Nov 13, 2011, 8:34 am
Congratulations to Nate! :D
Katara

Posted Nov 14, 2011, 7:23 pm
Thank you to everyone who voted for Nate - He really appreciates it! ;)
Gizalba

Posted Nov 16, 2011, 3:48 pm
Well done Nate! :D
orangesunshine

Posted Nov 17, 2011, 4:08 pm
congratulations to nate! *applause, applause, applause*
klubwerks

Posted Nov 21, 2011, 5:43 pm
The prize is taking longer than I expected to make, but I wanted to share a preview with you.

The prize is a cartoon version of your TV! These previews are just the scanned image, and I am working on the cleanup / coloring of them now. I'll have them completed as soon as possible.

As you can see, I did one of Nate (the winner) and I decided to do one for Franklin too!
Gizalba

Posted Nov 21, 2011, 6:32 pm
Wow, these are brilliant klubwerks! You have many creative talents :D The winners must be very happy with their surprises.
klubwerks

Posted Nov 21, 2011, 6:38 pm
Thank you for the compliment! I do a lot of art, from drawing cartoons, making soft toys, making things from polymer clay, to modding nerf guns for steampunk.
Zandy

Posted Nov 21, 2011, 6:40 pm
Wow! How nice! Now I'm a little dissappointed, that Hoppsi didn't win ;)
klubwerks

Posted Nov 21, 2011, 8:48 pm
I have 31 rabbit charcters that I've drawn / created which is more than any other animals I've made characters of. I love drawing bunnies apparently, even though cats are my favorite animals lol

In concusion... I might make one of Hoppsi if I can get time to.
Katara

Posted Nov 29, 2011, 5:15 am
The previews look great so far! :D
marina

Posted Dec 11, 2011, 8:51 am
klubwerks said:
The prize is taking longer than I expected to make, but I wanted to share a preview with you.

The prize is a cartoon version of your TV! These previews are just the scanned image, and I am working on the cleanup / coloring of them now. I'll have them completed as soon as possible.

As you can see, I did one of Nate (the winner) and I decided to do one for Franklin too!

OH MY GOSH!! :stare: :o

Franklin has been sick (head fell off, he had to be sent to the teddy bear hospital) and I've had such an awful month, I did not check Toyvoyagers at all... And now I log in to this! How WONDERFUL!! I could cry!! :'D Franklin will be so happy (he is home and healthy now, by the way!)

Congrats to Nate, and thank you thank you thank you klubwerks!! :cyclops:

If I PM you my email address, do you think I could have a hi-res version of it, when you have colored it? Eventually, I would love to have this printed on canvas and hung on my wall. You've made my day! Thank you for your kindness. ;)
klubwerks

Posted Dec 11, 2011, 7:38 pm
Aww! I am so glad that Franklin is okay. I'm happy that I could make you feel happy. I'm sorry it's taking so long to get them done. It's been a crazy busy holiday season!

I would be happy to email out the high rez pictures when they are done. I have a few hours now to work on them, so we'll see how much I can get done before I get busy again ;-)
klubwerks

Posted Dec 11, 2011, 9:19 pm
Ta da! It's Franklin! Email me at klubwerks@gmail.com for a bigger version of it <3
klubwerks

Posted Dec 12, 2011, 3:28 am
And here is Nate <3 Email for bigger pic - klubwerks@gmail.com
kcrawfish

Posted Dec 12, 2011, 5:24 am
These are SO SWEET! :) :)
Katara

Posted Dec 30, 2011, 4:25 pm
Klubwerks - Nate looks awesome! Thanks so much!  :D
klubwerks

Posted Jan 6, 2012, 3:59 am
You're welcome!