PMs and Emails etc

Isobel&Neil

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 11:08 am
These are the latest changes/ improvements to the site:

Emails
We now have:
Email notification when you've got a new PM (Alleycat)
Email notification when one of the ToyVoyagers on your MyVoyagers list gets a travelog update.
Bugfix: Email now working again for password reset

Member list
The member list now includes the date that the member was last active and the country.

Apostrophes should now display correctly
Bugfix - apostrophes did not display correctly in the View Voyagers screen and at the top of travelogs.  This is now fixed.

Prowl_Worshipper
gotham.city@bigpond.com

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 11:41 am
Fan-tas-tic!! Especially the PM notifications  B)
kristl

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 3:14 pm
Thank you!! The E-mail notifications help very much!!
ondrejliska

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 3:49 pm
That's great! B) I only have a little question:
As for the "Email notification when one of the ToyVoyagers on your MyVoyagers list gets a travelog update" - do have to activate this feature somehow, or will it start automatically?
Isobel&Neil

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 3:56 pm
It will start automatically :)
Mistigree

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 9:45 pm
I was just wondering something : there is an email notification when one of the ToyVoyagers gets a travelog update, but is it only in this case, or is it in the case we edit the travelog too ?? (I asked that because I often do my updates using the "edit" function when I have many pictures to add for exemple, so I hope people don't receive an email each time I click on the edit button !!)
Thank you for letting us know.
aelina

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 10:09 pm
Isobel&Neil said:
We now have:
Email notification when you've got a new PM

Now what if I don't want these notifications?
Isobel&Neil

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 10:59 pm
Mistigree said:
... is it in the case we edit the travelog too ??

It is only when you create a new update that a Travelog email is sent.  When you use the edit screen it does not send an email.

aelina said:
Now what if I don't want these notifications?

Receiving an email notification when you have been sent a PM was the feature most requested by members as a way to improve the website and people's use of it.  To us it was important to make it available as soon as possible.

We will be adding something into the Control Panel that will enable you to switch the email notifications off.  We will let you know as soon as this is available.

aelina

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 11:03 pm
Isobel&Neil said:
We will be adding something into the Control Panel that will enable you to switch the email notifications off.  We will let you know as soon as this is available.

Thank you, that sounds great :)
alleycat

Posted Sep 2, 2007, 12:43 pm
Yay! :) Thank you so much for this option! :)

I think maybe it's worth having the PM and travelogs notifications separate, so people can switch on the PM notification but not travelog updates, if they're watching a lot of TVs.
Admin

Posted Sep 2, 2007, 9:57 pm
Ok, these are now available.

In Control Panel, under 'Edit Preferences' there are two new tick boxes that allow you to switch the PM and Travelog notification emails on/off.

:)
ChristinaB

Posted Sep 3, 2007, 9:11 am
That's great!

Just a question for the countries: Do the peoples' countries also appear under their avatar when they posted something or just on the member's list? It would be quite helpful to have them in the postings, too I think...

Admin

Posted Sep 3, 2007, 1:00 pm
Hi Christina,

Currently the country / flag only appears on the profile and member list. However - strangely enough we are currently working on getting country/flag onto the member details by posts and travelog updates. We started the work when we added the "last visited" info. It's almost there, we will let you know as soon as it is done.

Kind regards,

Isobel and Neil
Admin

Posted Sep 3, 2007, 1:22 pm
Country / flag is there now against forum updates, the Travelog changes will follow later...

If you cannot see a flag by your name it means your location details are not currently set. To set them, go to 'Control Panel', select 'Edit Profile' and choose your country from the list.
ChristinaB

Posted Sep 3, 2007, 8:33 pm
Wow, that's great - and really, really fast. Thanks a lot!!
fam-united

Posted Sep 4, 2007, 10:52 am
Wow, how long have I been away???? Three days and it seems I have to discover a lot of new things now.
Thanks a lot, Petra

Back