Typical costume photo competition

bisquets

Posted Sep 11, 2012, 6:34 pm
---Date extended: The contest ends October 20!---
So I just saw the competitions that have taken place and I think is such a cool idea! So I decided to throw one myself.
The idea is basically dressing your TV with a typical costume of your country, if you find clothing small enough to fit them is great but you could also make something yourself, a piece of fabric, scissors and glue can lead you to wonderful creations believe me ;) 
To give you a better idea for example my TV is mexican so I could put him a small sombrero and a poncho, if yours is german you could put a lederhosen or a dirndl for example, if you are from the US you could put some baseball related gear, if you are British you could use something with the Union Jack flag and so on...

The Rules:
1.- Each photo should contain only one TV
2.- Still you can compete with as many TV's as you like
3.- You can use flags or any other props to complement the outfit
4.- All photos should be posted here

The prizes:
1st place- a mexican souvenir+treats package
2nd place- a mexican souvenir
3rd place- a postcard from Mexico

Hopefully some people will participate! :)
Sam-The-Sheep

Posted Sep 29, 2012, 11:12 am
Oh poo! i missed this due to no internet :(
Eohippus
pikkuaasi@gmail.com

Posted Sep 29, 2012, 1:05 pm
Me too. I only saw this now. :(

klubwerks

Posted Sep 29, 2012, 7:44 pm
I missed it as well. If you decide to extend your deadline out, I'll submit!
bisquets

Posted Oct 1, 2012, 1:44 am
Yaaay I'm excited some people are interested in participating :)
the deadline has been extended!
klubwerks

Posted Oct 2, 2012, 2:27 am
Here's my Toki!
Eohippus
pikkuaasi@gmail.com

Posted Oct 3, 2012, 8:15 pm
Toki looks delicious!  :)

Here is Zoe in an outfit which was typical here thousand years ago. Of course nowadays we mainly walk around in jeans..

http://i9.aijaa.com/b/00992/11029385.jpg

http://i7.aijaa.com/b/00564/11029421.jpg
LittleCableCars

Posted Oct 4, 2012, 5:17 pm
Just for fun, here's another atypical ToyVoyager costume.

My BarryO has been running around in the buff to reflect the controversy here locally about nudity at Harvey Milk Plaza.  Very few people wear this costume but it gets all the press here.   Many Americans make political statements on their t-shirts or other attire and BarryO, named after the U.S. president, is political at heart.

Typical News Story

Here he is out in public on a foggy morning:

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL689/13424056/23950947/404143609.jpg
Eohippus
pikkuaasi@gmail.com

Posted Oct 4, 2012, 7:31 pm
I like BarryO´s outfit. It also fits him perfectly. ;)
RikeH

Posted Oct 5, 2012, 1:49 pm
bisquets said:

To give you a better idea for example my TV is mexican so I could put him a small sombrero and a poncho, if yours is german you could put a lederhosen or a dirndl 

Hello,

I like the photos here, but only make sure that Lederhosen and Dirndl are not typical for all parts of Germany - only for a very small part in the South. 

Greetings
RikeH
bisquets

Posted Oct 6, 2012, 1:02 am
RikeH said:
bisquets said:

To give you a better idea for example my TV is mexican so I could put him a small sombrero and a poncho, if yours is german you could put a lederhosen or a dirndl 

Hello,

I like the photos here, but only make sure that Lederhosen and Dirndl are not typical for all parts of Germany - only for a very small part in the South. 

Greetings
RikeH

Oh I know that, but I think anytime we see one of those we automatically think of Germany, I mean a poncho and a sombrero aren't typical clothing of any part of Mexico but whenever people see them they think about our country ;)

And great photos everyone! :D I hope we'll see more
Jerena

Posted Oct 7, 2012, 1:05 pm
Hi at all,
here are my photos for the competition. They show Ping, who visits me at the moment, wearing a "Südwester".
A "Südwester" is a kind of raincoat, generally coloured in yellow, that is often worn by sailors, also here in North Germany at the coast.
Bye  :D

Back