ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » What's new? » Marcello

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Marcello, A short voyage :(
gingermuggins
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Group: Members

Australia

Send a personal messsage to gingermuggins Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

If you haven't read Marcello mouse's travellog you will be sad to hear his voyage around the world has come to an end. He was taken by an ostrich while having his photo taken with it.
I am not at all angry with Marcello's last host. A little sad but by no means angry. We all take a risk when sending our TV's around the world. Freak accidents do happen and when they do we must all learn from them.
I am thankful for the honesty Marcello's last host has shown and i know she is not feeling to great at the moment, but please don't let this accident deter you all from sending your TV's to her to host.
I have some great photos to remember Marcello and i am happy he got to see many of the things he did see.

You lived a short but exciting life Marcello!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o5/sami_jae/toyvoys/ripmar.jpg
My Toy Voyagers ~ Meleleuca ~ Pirate ~ Fifi Flowertot ~ Curio

RIP ~ Marcello

Visiting now  ~ Paula ~ Chester

Had the pleasure of hosting ~ Groovy ~ Snuggles ~ Bloem ~ Leo Lion ~ ducky-duck ~ Roberto  ~ Sunshine ~ Rex ~ Coop ~ Gus Giraf ~ Bon ~ Antonio ~ Twilight ~ Bon ~ Fuzzy Wuzzy ~ Trudi[tv] ~ [tv]Emil ~ Calixte ~ Bob the Bug ~ kattieMill

Posted Mar 24, 2008, 12:29 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

That's really sad :[
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Mar 24, 2008, 12:57 am
Eryah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

View Eryah's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Eryah Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I was Marcellos last host. I feel really bad about this and very quilty. Yesterday i wanna make a picture with Marcello and an ostrich but he took Marcello right out my hands. I tried everything to get him back from the ostrich but their was a gate around the ostrichs.
I called the care taker of the animal farm and he take a look if he can find Marcello back but unfortunate he couldn't find him anymore.
So if there is one thing i learned from this all: don't get to close to an animal with a TV because before you know what happened an animal can steel it from you.
I'm really sorry Gingermugging and thank you so much for giving me a second change! It is really nice of you!

This is the one:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/Eryah/toyvoyagers/sneeuw012.jpg

I hope that at one day we both can laugh about how Marcello ended when we are over the first shock.

Hugs Eva
My Tv's on the road are: Hurley
Tv wich join random act 3: Josh
The others are @ home

I am hosting: -

I hosted: TheosheepChompers, Nelly, Marcello, Palmeke, Meleleuca, Snowy, Iggy-Korn, Lillebi, Bene, Willy Wau, Davy, Lumi, Margarida, Count, Ambrosius, Roberto, Summy, Nepomuk, Dottie Mouse, Clem, Strider, HitchaRideDooey, Roots bear, Mulalu, Muumipeikko, Henry the Adventure Hound, Bokkie, Amelie, *~Mr. Bubbles~*, Papelbon

I'm also host at the Dutch TV trail. If you want to send your toy on this trail please send me a pm.

Posted Mar 24, 2008, 8:07 am
Lejow
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Visit Lejow's web site Send a personal messsage to Lejow Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Ahwwwww Those are sweet words Gingermuggings!!

Unfortunate his trip was short, but he enjoyed everything :P
My TV's:
Dirkie, Little Billy, Snuggles, Pien, Plof, Sebastiaan, Crocs

I am hosting:
Ambrosius, Clem

I'm gonna host:
Fenway, ducky-duck, Mittens, Lemony, Squiggles

I hosted:
Apollo, Emil, Chompers, Bene, Tony, Meleleuca, SylphidePimboli, Rex, Henry the Adventure Hound, Count

Posted Mar 24, 2008, 10:35 am
magicwoman
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send a personal messsage to magicwoman Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

aaw thats so sad from marcello
ostrich are very unpredictable animals
I wish you all the best with your sorrow about marcello
My TV's are
Cliff,
Angus
Malcolm51
Bon
Phil
Dio
ZoSo
Lemmy
Page
Ozzy

I'm gonna host:
,Charlie-danger,Victoria,theodor,,Fuzzy Wuzzy,Lemony,Aoi,mausi,woodstock,,Shirley sheep,Jadzia tam

Im hosting: nothing at the moment

I have hosted:Meleleuca,Pebbels,fluffy,Emil.Just_Married,Bokkie,Palmeke,Bene.Iggy-Korn,Clem,ambrosius,trafalgar,Henry the Adventure Hound ,count

Posted Mar 24, 2008, 3:02 pm
Mistigree
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

France

Send a personal messsage to Mistigree Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Eryah said:

I hope that at one day we both can laugh about how Marcello ended when we are over the first shock.

That is the best thing to do I think !! Of course it is sad for Gingermuggins, but the "death" of Marcello is so... unexpected and funny (in a way...) and the way Eryah told the story of this brave end is funny too.
Maybe we could reserve a place somewhere on the website for the dead or lost TV ?? something as a virtual cemetary (am I crazy or ???)
Another idea I have is : If I knew how to sew, I would sew a white mouse that looks like Marcello, but entirely white, and it could be the ghost of Marcello, and then continue his travel although...
Is anyone sewing here ???

What I find strange is that the guardian did not find Marcello ?! He should be somewhere... Do you think the ostrich ate him ??

Mistigree

Posted Apr 6, 2008, 11:30 pm
koocachoo
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Sweden

Visit koocachoo's web site View koocachoo's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to koocachoo Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

That's so sad! But luckily it wasn't the hosts fault. It would have been worse if he was kept at a host who didn't send him forward. That happened to me with a private one. She told me she was going to send her on...send pictures...nothing came...then she stopped answering my emails and messages on msn...she was even banned on the forum I meet her...then she even ignored the people who tried to help me out to get her moving on. I even offered that I would pay for postage. Those people I hate.
Travelling friends Hope  Hippity  Hoppity  Floppity 

My ToyVoyager Ossa  Nelly  Pebbels  Godnatt nalle  Springfield

Currently hosting

Hosted Elisabeth  Gilly  Strider  Bertha  Fifi Flowertot  Josh
Florence  Theodor

Posted Apr 7, 2008, 12:22 pm
Eryah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

View Eryah's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Eryah Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I still have a trauma with animals and TV's if i'm honest. And my mother bully me all the time when i take pictures now. She shout: watch out!!
I could do something to her at that moment... :D
But i can laugh a little bit now about how this all happened. You never expect an ostrisch take it from your hands and run away with it. At that moment i stoud there like this: :o
I couldn't believe what just happened there.

I have the idea that he is in the water now, because in the animal farm there's a lot of water and otherwise i think he ate him. The moment i lost him out of sight was when the ostrisch took him out of my sight.
My Tv's on the road are: Hurley
Tv wich join random act 3: Josh
The others are @ home

I am hosting: -

I hosted: TheosheepChompers, Nelly, Marcello, Palmeke, Meleleuca, Snowy, Iggy-Korn, Lillebi, Bene, Willy Wau, Davy, Lumi, Margarida, Count, Ambrosius, Roberto, Summy, Nepomuk, Dottie Mouse, Clem, Strider, HitchaRideDooey, Roots bear, Mulalu, Muumipeikko, Henry the Adventure Hound, Bokkie, Amelie, *~Mr. Bubbles~*, Papelbon

I'm also host at the Dutch TV trail. If you want to send your toy on this trail please send me a pm.

Posted Apr 7, 2008, 1:43 pm
stargazer
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send an email to stargazer Send a personal messsage to stargazer Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

This is the funniest thing I have read in ages.

If you are going to go, then go out in style - I'm sure Marcello will go down in the ToyVoyagers hall of fame :)

Pick from these endings:

'Released and not heard of again'
'Lost, presumed missing'
'Destroyed by the lost property department'
'Presumed eaten by an Ostrich'

I know which one I would go for - Marcello wins hands down!!!!!!!
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

Posted Apr 7, 2008, 10:24 pm Last edited Apr 7, 2008, 10:25 pm by stargazer
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable