ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Off-Topic » Have you ever been too?

Pages: << prev ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Have you ever been too?
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Yep. Luckily not in my home ... Cell phone stolen THREE times, purse taken once, shopping grabbed out my hands once...

Have you ever been to a desert?
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

My cute little ToyVoyagers are Bokkie, Khetiwe and little Ambrosius

I am currently hosting Pinky BearShaggy Bear,  and Squirt

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted May 26, 2008, 7:54 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

No, not really. I can't think of any really desert-y places around here.

Have you ever been to pre-school?
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted May 27, 2008, 6:23 am
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Um, I don't think so. I think I skipped it because I went to a Montessori or whatever they're called... and ended up going to 1st grade twice since they didn't teach me like they were supposed to I guess... yeah...

Have you ever been to an amusement park?
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Jul 12, 2008, 12:19 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

We have a small one here, called Playland. When I used to dance there, my admission would be free that day. I've also been to Disneyland once.

Have you been to a water park?
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Jul 12, 2008, 7:55 pm
Boneyard Bears
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to Boneyard Bears Visit Boneyard Bears's web site Send a personal messsage to Boneyard Bears Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

No.

Have you been to Paris?
Death smiles upon us all, all we can do is smile back...

My TVs: Lestat; Carmen Tavisit; Dinah Meetcha(currently stranded in Canada)

Currently hosting: Barthelemy; Coop

Hosted: Apollo; Jeniqua; Fuzzy Wuzzy; Billy Goat

Will be hosting: Bonz; Mr.Miggs; Finja

Posted Jul 20, 2008, 9:11 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

No, but every time someone I know goes, I get a postcard. I have about a bajillion Paris cards.

Have you ever been to IKEA?

Posted Jul 21, 2008, 6:50 pm
Boneyard Bears
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to Boneyard Bears Visit Boneyard Bears's web site Send a personal messsage to Boneyard Bears Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Yes! Last weekend. I bought four bookcases.

Have you ever been para-gliding?

Posted Jul 22, 2008, 12:32 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

No, but it's sort of on my list of things to do, if I ever work up the courage.

Have you ever been to a really fancy restaurant?

Posted Jul 22, 2008, 2:36 am
Boneyard Bears
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Australia

Yes, I went to the Ritz in London for high tea! It was very swish! Lots of yummy cakes and sandwiches.

PS Para-gliding is awesome!

Have you ever been white water rafting?

Posted Jul 22, 2008, 2:57 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Nope, though I should, because there are a lot of good places around here.

Have you ever gone sailing?

Posted Jul 22, 2008, 3:09 am
Boneyard Bears
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Australia

Not really. I've been on speed boats and cruisers, but nothing with sails.

Have you ever gone bungee jumping?

Posted Jul 22, 2008, 5:41 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Nope, and never will.

Have you ever gone kayaking?

Posted Jul 22, 2008, 5:43 am
Boneyard Bears
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Australia

No, never been kayaking.

Have you ever met anyone famous?

Posted Jul 22, 2008, 5:45 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Um, nobody really famous. Jeff Hyslop, the former broadway actor taught me a few songs from A Chorus Line once.

Have you ever been to a country fair?

Posted Jul 22, 2008, 5:50 am
Boneyard Bears
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Australia

Yes siree! I love them!

Have you ever been to see a play? School plays don't count ;)

Posted Jul 22, 2008, 5:52 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

I saw Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus yesterday at Bard on the Beach.

Have you ever been to an opera?

Posted Jul 22, 2008, 6:23 am
Boneyard Bears
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Australia

Cool! I love Shakespeare!

Yes, a friend of mind used to work at the Sydney Opera House and he used to get free tickets all the time! It was great!

Have you ever been to a movie premiere?

Posted Jul 22, 2008, 6:43 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Nope.

Have you ever been to a film festival?

Posted Jul 23, 2008, 5:09 am
Boneyard Bears
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Australia

Yes.

Have you ever been on TV?

Posted Jul 23, 2008, 8:26 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Yes! I was three, and Holt Renfrew was having a fashion show, and they wanted to have children go out there and dance at the beginning, and then when the music stopped, the children would freeze, then everyone would clap, they'd leave and the fashion part of the show would start. My mom's work was one of the sponsors, so she signed up my older sister and I as dancers. So anyway, it was the day of the show, and my mom took us to the show. I had come straight from ballet class, and so was still in my little pink leotard and slippers. They were 'dressing' us up, and so they made my sister put on a red raincoat, and they gave me a little tutu. The music started and we went out and danced around. I lost one of my slippers at one point, but my sister scooped it up and put it in her raincoat pocket. The music stopped and everyone froze...except me, who kept on dancing. That night, on the news, the news anchor was announcing that they would have a story about the fashion show after the break, and then right before the commercial, it flashed to a clip of me dancing alone, and that's my probably too long being on TV story. For the record, most of this was told to me by my mother; I only have vague memories of lights and my sister in a red raincoat.

Have you ever been to a ghost town?

Posted Jul 23, 2008, 6:40 pm Last edited Jul 23, 2008, 6:41 pm by AbbyB
Pages: << prev ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable