ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Improvements to the site » explanations in different lan...

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
explanations in different languages
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Maybe I missed it, but a post where the principles of ToyVoyagers, how it works, how to get started etc. is explained in different languages might be helpful.
Some people speak enough English to write about activities and read about them in the travelogs, but have problems with the vocabulary and explanations about IDs and so on. I wanted to get friends from South Korea and Brazil started here, but they needed long explanations via messenger to understand the basics and I'm still not sure if they got the important details, like what an ID is, why you need it, what's expected of a host etc.
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted May 21, 2008, 6:24 pm
Eryah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

View Eryah's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Eryah Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

If you need help in this i wanna write the dutch version :)
My Tv's on the road are: Hurley
Tv wich join random act 3: Josh
The others are @ home

I am hosting: -

I hosted: TheosheepChompers, Nelly, Marcello, Palmeke, Meleleuca, Snowy, Iggy-Korn, Lillebi, Bene, Willy Wau, Davy, Lumi, Margarida, Count, Ambrosius, Roberto, Summy, Nepomuk, Dottie Mouse, Clem, Strider, HitchaRideDooey, Roots bear, Mulalu, Muumipeikko, Henry the Adventure Hound, Bokkie, Amelie, *~Mr. Bubbles~*, Papelbon

I'm also host at the Dutch TV trail. If you want to send your toy on this trail please send me a pm.

Posted May 21, 2008, 7:07 pm
aleoliva86
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Brazil

Send an email to aleoliva86 View aleoliva86's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to aleoliva86 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

thats a very good idea.

I could write the portuguese version :)

Posted Mar 1, 2009, 11:06 am
Admin
Admin

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi all,

I have only just seen this topic! Not sure how I missed it, but it's a very good idea, and thanks for your kind offers to help.

There are two things that would be excellent to translate to start with: 

1) The Create a ToyVoyager page

2) The message you get when you first join, explaining what to do.

If anyone has any time to help with translating these into other languages, it would be a huge help for new visitors.

Kind regards,

Neil

Posted Mar 1, 2009, 11:24 am
kiskis
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Japan

Send a personal messsage to kiskis Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

that's a great idea!
i would love to write the japanese version:)
My TVs+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Chiro * Mr.Lemony * Piyo
If you areinterested in hosting them, please PM me!
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

I'm sorry but I can't host any TV until the late May.
I'm very busy with my wedding and honeymoon coming along!

Posted Mar 6, 2009, 8:31 am
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I could write the German version.

How can I do it? As a Word-document and than send it via e-mail?
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Mar 6, 2009, 8:49 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Great idea, Olgamaus. I already thougth, that I should offer to do it, but then I thought, I should wait and see, if maybe you or someone else will do it. Thanks so much. It will help a lot, I'm sure.

Dutch - Eryah
German - olgamaus
Japanese - kiskis
Portugese - aleoliva86

Posted Mar 6, 2009, 11:22 am Last edited Mar 6, 2009, 11:22 am by fam-united
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable