ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Improvements to the site » Editing topics and topic desc...

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Editing topics and topic descriptions, I now found it, thanks...
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Finland

Visit Delenna's web site Send a personal messsage to Delenna Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'd like to be able to edit also the topics and topic descriptions of my posts. Like for example whe I've posted a rescue mission (looking for new home) I'd like to edit the post or at least the description to say that mission completed (new home found). Please?
Yes! I'm officially a Freak! :D

http://www.postpals.co.uk/banners/static-mdtday.jpg

Posted May 27, 2008, 6:15 am
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Oh hey you! :-) I got the bunny today! :-) I'll be looking for something in the mean time sending you out a postcard from her new home. :-) Thanks SO much!
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted May 27, 2008, 6:18 am
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Visit Delenna's web site Send a personal messsage to Delenna Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Good to hear Sara ;)

My meaning with the editing is also to enable deleting old posts. I could write "delete this" on the topic/description and admins would know they can delete it. This would save space and make the forum more "clean looking" when there aren't old posts hanging around. You know what I mean?

Posted May 27, 2008, 9:55 am
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

delenna if you posted the topic you can edit it, just look at the BOTTOM of your post and you will see an edit on the coloured bar.... (above the 'reply' 'new topic' etc buttons)
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

My cute little ToyVoyagers are Bokkie, Khetiwe and little Ambrosius

I am currently hosting Pinky BearShaggy Bear,  and Squirt

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted May 27, 2008, 11:01 am Last edited May 27, 2008, 11:02 am by MrsC
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

MrsC said:
delenna if you posted the topic you can edit it, just look at the BOTTOM of your post and you will see an edit on the coloured bar.... (above the 'reply' 'new topic' etc buttons)

Yes but I can't edit the topic line nor the description of the topic (called subject sometimes). Only this area where I write the actual stuff.

Posted May 27, 2008, 4:28 pm
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Yes you can! You are looking in the wrong place...go RIGHT down to the bottom...after the last reply to your post. Imagine there is a coloured frame around the whole page, it is at the bottom of the frame.

In the far right had corner there is a button that says in tiny writing : Topic Options: [ Edit ] THAT is the magic button!
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

My cute little ToyVoyagers are Bokkie, Khetiwe and little Ambrosius

I am currently hosting Pinky BearShaggy Bear,  and Squirt

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted May 27, 2008, 9:30 pm
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Oooohhhhh!  :o Now I got it! Thank you MrsC!

I suggest moving that option to the general editing area, so that the topic can be edited at the same time & place as the text.

I also hope I wasn't the only one not finding this... *blush*

Posted May 29, 2008, 7:17 pm Last edited May 29, 2008, 7:20 pm by Delenna
Marjolein
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send an email to Marjolein Visit Marjolein's web site View Marjolein's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Marjolein Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

You weren't the only one hihi. I'm so happy with this thread :D
My ToyVoyagers: Kasper, Casanova, Dieuwerke, Alizée, Koetje, Jelka
Wild tv's: Hero, Persefone, Laocoön, Bran, Maeldun, Scathach
Currently hosting: Mulalu, Momo, Mumble
I have hosted: LiLA Bear, Roots Bear (twice), Nick, Claire, TheOutsider, Finja, Pingu, Davy, Count, Ambrosius, Muumipeikko, Chompers, Gilbert, Sunnie, AliG, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Hinz + Kunz, Papelbon, Henry the Adventure Hound, Viktor, Jelle

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/marjoleinaneth/Banner.jpg

Posted Jun 2, 2008, 10:05 am
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable