ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Trading Post » Little Bear Lottery

Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Little Bear Lottery, Guess the name of the bear
Steve & Helly
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Steve & Helly Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

This little bear is one of my home made Honeysuckle Bears and he's looking for a home. He's a friend of Hector. He's made of German Schulte mohair, is jointed and is only 10cm tall.

He wants people to guess his name, except that you provide the names and the best one wins!

Who wants to start?
The lottery will end on Friday 27th June

(He is currently being created but will look like Hector. Photos will follow)
"From Little Acorns Mighty Oaks do Grow"

Our Toy Voyagers:
Pierre Bear, Elephonse, Tiger Tom, Isambard, Wadworth,Sandi Rose

Most successful Toy Voyager release:
Dijon

Posted Jun 11, 2008, 1:01 pm Last edited Jun 11, 2008, 1:45 pm by Steve & Helly
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Loni

short for Lonicera, Latin for Honeysuckle.

We love your bears!

I&N

We live here.

Posted Jun 11, 2008, 1:05 pm
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I like handmade bears! I'd call him Ysberin. I think it's a good name for a bear, not too cute but with a number of possible nicknames that are nice. Happy bear-making!
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Jun 11, 2008, 1:10 pm Last edited Jun 11, 2008, 1:39 pm by Apperveilchen
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

He's adorable... I'd call him Wollie (like a lamb) because of the way his fur is... so cute! :-)
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Jun 11, 2008, 1:24 pm
Threadbear
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

South Africa

Send an email to Threadbear Send a personal messsage to Threadbear Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Bertrand, Edgar, Edwin or Thaddeus...hmm, maybe you should make a quartet? ;)

I Teddy promise to give him a good home and NOT to send him to the Teddy Bear Clinic if I win!
"There's just something about a Teddy Bear that's impossible to explain.
When you hold one in your arms, you get a feeling of love, comfort and security.
It's almost supernatural."
-James Ownby

Posted Jun 11, 2008, 2:55 pm
Steve & Helly
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Steve & Helly Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Here's what 'Little Bear' will look like. . . .

Attached file: Hector 024.jpg (262 downloads)
Hector 024.jpg

Our Toy Voyagers:

Dijon

Posted Jun 12, 2008, 8:15 am Last edited Jun 12, 2008, 8:16 am by Steve & Helly
Steve & Helly
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Threadbear,

Are you sure, if you win, that 'Little Bear' won't be competition for Eloise?

Sorry to bring it up, but as he's such a handsome fellow i thought I ought to warn you.

Helly

Our Toy Voyagers:

Dijon

Posted Jun 18, 2008, 8:18 am Last edited Jun 18, 2008, 8:20 am by Steve & Helly
Threadbear
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

South Africa

Send an email to Threadbear Send a personal messsage to Threadbear Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

My dear, dear Helly,

I am convinced of Eloise's affection for me, after spending so much time in her lovely company. She is a true lady with a gentle heart and exquisite morals.

If however, he were to win her affections, the gentlemanly response would be to let her go... not without a broken heart though.

Yours in earnest,
Threadbear
---x---x---x---
"There's just something about a Teddy Bear that's impossible to explain.
When you hold one in your arms, you get a feeling of love, comfort and security.
It's almost supernatural."
-James Ownby

Posted Jun 18, 2008, 8:25 am
Steve & Helly
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

I'm afraid kitten sitting has taken priority this week and the creation of 'Little Bear' has been put on hold. Therefore I have extended the 'Guess the Name of the Bear' competition until Friday 4th July.

:D

Our Toy Voyagers:

Dijon

Posted Jun 26, 2008, 4:12 pm
Steve & Helly
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

I will close this competition tomorrow at 12.00pm . . . come on, guess the name of the bear . . .!!  :stare:

Our Toy Voyagers:

Dijon

Posted Jul 3, 2008, 9:43 am
Marjolein
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send an email to Marjolein Visit Marjolein's web site View Marjolein's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Marjolein Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

How about: Poppy :D
My ToyVoyagers: Kasper, Casanova, Dieuwerke, Alizée, Koetje, Jelka
Wild tv's: Hero, Persefone, Laocoön, Bran, Maeldun, Scathach
Currently hosting: Mulalu, Momo, Mumble
I have hosted: LiLA Bear, Roots Bear (twice), Nick, Claire, TheOutsider, Finja, Pingu, Davy, Count, Ambrosius, Muumipeikko, Chompers, Gilbert, Sunnie, AliG, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Hinz + Kunz, Papelbon, Henry the Adventure Hound, Viktor, Jelle

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/marjoleinaneth/Banner.jpg

Posted Jul 3, 2008, 9:59 am
Lejow
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Visit Lejow's web site Send a personal messsage to Lejow Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I will choose Flip!!
My TV's:
Dirkie, Little Billy, Snuggles, Pien, Plof, Sebastiaan, Crocs

I am hosting:
Ambrosius, Clem

I'm gonna host:
Fenway, ducky-duck, Mittens, Lemony, Squiggles

I hosted:
Apollo, Emil, Chompers, Bene, Tony, Meleleuca, SylphidePimboli, Rex, Henry the Adventure Hound, Count

Posted Jul 3, 2008, 10:47 am
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Humphrey? I was just thinking I should have named my son, Humphrey - he is always in a humph, you have never seen any one sulk like that boy can! His shoulders go right up to his ears and his eyebrows almost become a moustache...heh heh heh...
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

My cute little ToyVoyagers are Bokkie, Khetiwe and little Ambrosius

I am currently hosting Pinky BearShaggy Bear,  and Squirt

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted Jul 3, 2008, 11:50 am
Marjolein
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send an email to Marjolein Visit Marjolein's web site View Marjolein's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Marjolein Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Wow all the bears on www.honeysucklebears.com are sooooo cute!! :D I wish I could make such cool bears! I can't even knit socks ;)
My ToyVoyagers: Kasper, Casanova, Dieuwerke, Alizée, Koetje, Jelka
Wild tv's: Hero, Persefone, Laocoön, Bran, Maeldun, Scathach
Currently hosting: Mulalu, Momo, Mumble
I have hosted: LiLA Bear, Roots Bear (twice), Nick, Claire, TheOutsider, Finja, Pingu, Davy, Count, Ambrosius, Muumipeikko, Chompers, Gilbert, Sunnie, AliG, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Hinz + Kunz, Papelbon, Henry the Adventure Hound, Viktor, Jelle

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/marjoleinaneth/Banner.jpg

Posted Jul 3, 2008, 12:32 pm
Charda
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Netherlands

Send an email to Charda Visit Charda's web site View Charda's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Charda Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Since I'm preparing for an exam in Old English, I came across the name Wulfstan and I think it suits this English bear nicely.
My Toy Voyagers: Sussy Greenfeet Tiah Tigris
Currently hosting: Count Ambrosius Amelie
Going to host: Sandi Rose KattieMill
Hosted in the past: Sylphide Mira Trafalgar Moony Ceryni Bellatrix Harvie Jadzia Tam Resi Hoppity Synapse Roots Bear HitchaRideDooey Henry the Adventure Hound Beatritsche

Posted Jul 3, 2008, 1:30 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Wilbur. Or how about Winnipeg, because that was the name of the real-life bear who inspired Winnie the Pooh.
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Jul 3, 2008, 6:11 pm
Steve & Helly
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

The competition is now closed. I shall give the names to my manager, Hilary, to choose.

And the winner is . . .

Our Toy Voyagers:

Dijon

Posted Jul 4, 2008, 1:43 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Oooh, who is it? Who is it?!!! :p
We live here.

Posted Jul 4, 2008, 1:44 pm
Steve & Helly
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Wait for it . . .

The winning name, chosen by Hilary, is . . .

Our Toy Voyagers:

Dijon

Posted Jul 4, 2008, 1:55 pm
Steve & Helly
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Winnipeg!

Congratulations AbbyB!!

Our Toy Voyagers:

Dijon

Posted Jul 4, 2008, 1:57 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable