ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Off-Topic » Show off your poetry/writing ...

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Show off your poetry/writing talents. , nothing unsuitable pls :)
IttyBittyKitty
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Group: Members

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to IttyBittyKitty Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Ok here's the deal..... I've read loads of travel logs and i have to say we are pretty talented.  The use of language and the sheer imagination in some is amazing so i thought we could all show off!! 

(Please keep it clean,  :p )

I'll start......

this is a poem about the only man to break my heart, he was my best friend and i loved him completely, there was just (and never would have been) anything physical.  Suffice it to say our friendship exploded when his girlfriend got the wrong idea and forbade him to see me again.  That was 10 yrs ago.  To this day not a word has passed between us.  So the poem is called:

MY FRIEND

I call your name and I look for you
I search the dark nights of my soul for you
You are nowhere to be found my friend.

Sad, lost and alone without your gift of love
How foolish I am to feel the guilt I gave myself
I wonder where you are my friend.

I took your love and gave you pain
My shame clouds my heart and tears fill my eyes
I have no right to care my friend.

Time and regret taunt me in the mists of my soul
Your voice echoes again and again
I'm sorry I hurt you my friend.

Forgiveness is something I cannot ask for
Your friendship I could never again deserve
Just accept I know I did wrong my friend
And my heart will bleed forever.

Copyright ©2008  Kirsten Wills
Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, nobodys gonna slow me down, oh no, i got to keep on moving. - Matthew Wilder

*Posted Jun 12, 2008, 10:27 pm Last edited Jun 12, 2008, 10:27 pm by IttyBittyKitty
IttyBittyKitty
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to IttyBittyKitty Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Ok ladles and jellyspoons, i'll post one more of mine to get the ball rolling. Don't be shy, even if you think it's rubbish, we are all our worst critics. 

this one i wrote for my oldest daughter 14 years ago when she was born.  A bit mushy i admit but hey  :D

FOR THE CHILD

I can show you all the joys of the world,
If you reach out and take my hand.
I can teach you all you need to know,
If you open your mind to learn.
I can give you a gift that cannot be bought,
If you open your heart to receive.
I can show you the way if you are lost,
If you open your eyes to see.
All that I am I share with you,
As my mother shared with me.

Copyright ©2008  Kirsten Wills
Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, nobodys gonna slow me down, oh no, i got to keep on moving. - Matthew Wilder

Posted Jun 13, 2008, 5:15 am Last edited Jun 13, 2008, 6:35 am by IttyBittyKitty
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm drowning in teddy bears at the mo, but I promise to rise to the challenge when I get a break!
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

My cute little ToyVoyagers are Bokkie, Khetiwe and little Ambrosius

I am currently hosting Pinky BearShaggy Bear,  and Squirt

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted Jun 13, 2008, 6:59 pm
Eryah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

View Eryah's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Eryah Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

He never does this before

There is something i always hear when i went somewhere and that is: 'this never happened before'.
I hear this term in different ways but they always mean the same. The way i do things, nobody does.
For example, when i was 25 i got shingles and the moment i took my shirt of in front of the docter he said 'I never seen it this way'.

A few weeks ago i got a new hobby. It is called toyvoyagen and i hear you thinking now. What's that? If you promise not to laugh i explain it to you.
Toyvoyagers are stuffed animals and you send them around the world. The best part still have to come. Your stuffed animal experience the greatest adventures and you can see them on a site on the internet. If you don't believe me, please take a look at www.toyvoyagers.com
You can imagine i'm a little bit ashamed to commit this is my hobby because i'm 26. Another thing of this toyvoyagen means you also have to show a stuffed animal your country, make pictures of it and put it on the site.

The first time i did this i was very ashamed. Especially in public places this is not something to consider to you. People look at you and expect your supervisor will show up any moment. Most of the shame goes away when i think to myself that i make someone very happy with my pictures.

At one day Marcello comes with the mail to lighten up my house. I decided to go out with Marcello. With my camera and Marcello i went to a fanimal arm. He came from Australia and at the animal farm there were emoes. For me it was such a funny idea to put him one the picture with this  hilarious animal.

The moment i was sure there weren't many people watching me i took Marcello and my camera out of my purse. I put Marcello in his position to make a picture of him and the emoe. I was so happy because the emoe was also in a good position. They both looked right into my camera. I felt this was going to be on of my best pictures. The moment i wanna press the button to make this perfect picture i felt something sting in my hand. On the screen of my camera i suddenly saw the head of the emoe much more bigger than before. Before i knew what happened the emoe took Marcello out of my hands.

I tried to safe Marcello, but it didn't worked. The emoe ate him alive. I'm realy sorry Marcello, that i let you die.
That evening i told me story on the site and everybody was laughing. This was never happened before.
My Tv's on the road are: Hurley
Tv wich join random act 3: Josh
The others are @ home

I am hosting: -

I hosted: TheosheepChompers, Nelly, Marcello, Palmeke, Meleleuca, Snowy, Iggy-Korn, Lillebi, Bene, Willy Wau, Davy, Lumi, Margarida, Count, Ambrosius, Roberto, Summy, Nepomuk, Dottie Mouse, Clem, Strider, HitchaRideDooey, Roots bear, Mulalu, Muumipeikko, Henry the Adventure Hound, Bokkie, Amelie, *~Mr. Bubbles~*, Papelbon

I'm also host at the Dutch TV trail. If you want to send your toy on this trail please send me a pm.

Posted Jun 15, 2008, 11:38 am
IttyBittyKitty
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Brilliant!! thank you Eryah that was lovely, i'm a little choked up about marcello. I can tell this came from the heart and the best poetry always does. Brilliant.

I'm trying to find the book i write all my poems in at the minute sio i can add some more.

Keep them coming guys :D

Posted Jun 16, 2008, 12:43 am
IttyBittyKitty
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Come on ladles and jellyspoons don't leave a girl hanging.... there is some amazing writing talent out there, so i'm broadening the topic SHOW OFF YOUR WRITING TALENTS!!

Any kind of writing; your fav piece of prose, poem, song, anything.  Only rule is you have to have written it. 

Come on don't be shy..... you know you want to  :cyclops:

Posted Jun 21, 2008, 5:51 am
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Visit Delenna's web site Send a personal messsage to Delenna Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Oh I do want to :cyclops: but i need a minute to decide which one to translate - although I do write in English too if the theme is right (I mean, for example, that the events written happen abroad. I can't write in Finnish if the character is an Aussie, Scott etc.) ;)
Yes! I'm officially a Freak! :D

http://www.postpals.co.uk/banners/static-mdtday.jpg

Posted Jul 4, 2008, 5:55 pm Last edited Jul 4, 2008, 5:57 pm by Delenna
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable