ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Off-Topic » Gratitude Thread (one post pe...

Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Gratitude Thread (one post per day), Three things you're grateful for!
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Australia

Send a personal messsage to becka_kate Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

1. I am grateful that I have been booked to work 3 days this week (so far).
2. I am grateful that the restaurant rang back and I don't have to find a new venue for our Facebook 'reunion' dinner.
3. I am grateful that the class I taught today were excited about writing monster descriptions, and that kids can still be pleased by simple things.
"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off." -Helen Exley

Friend of: Kalli, C.K. (MIA in the US), Froddo, Candy CottonDottie Grace (Still travelling), Tamalyn (hiding out in Canada) Zahli, Barclay, Kellie Koala& Tilda

Friends in the Wild: Slinkee Snake, Ms Millie, Violet May, Elefunk, Shriek, Eureka Bear, Bonza Roo, Daisy Bear, Elouera, Alby, Thiele, Bree Bear, Fred A’bear, Kograh, Rosetta, Kismet, Huggles & Gretel,Previous host to:  Emma, Greedy,
Iago, Hugo, Kroko, Lollipop, Paula, Steve, Misko, Winnie the Pooh, Her Highness QueenElizabethI, Kari, Tippi, Taro, Seamus, PampleMoose, Berlin Bear, Mario, Mei, (Playmo)Bill, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon, HoppyVanderHare, JamaBanaDukLuv, Elisabeth & Cassiopeia(twice).

My flickr photo collections

Posted Oct 28, 2008, 6:04 am
DarkTrottel
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to DarkTrottel Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

1. I am grateful that I'm going to visit my Grandma today - it always makes me appreciate the fact that I'm not on the computer!

2. I am grateful that it's half past nine and I'm out of bed!!

3. I am grateful that I found the Lord of the Rings soundtrack I thought I'd lost.

Darth Vader's Earth mission
Or come and join the travelling jokebook!

Posted Oct 28, 2008, 9:31 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

1. I can legally drive by myself now, which means that I don't have to wait until one of my parents is not busy to go out driving.
2. My study skills have improved a lot recently and it is paying off
3. I joined Facebook and hate it as much as ever, but that means that I won't be addicted to it and it won't take away from my studying
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Nov 19, 2008, 7:38 am
babyamy
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to babyamy Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

1. the sun is shining and makes everyone happy around here
2. I'll meet some friends next weekend who I haven't seen for a few month
3. I slept in the train to Hamburg and don't feel sleepy anymore
~I have moved, please contact me for my new address~

My TVs:
Kamie is lost in the USA
Wieka is in Brasil
Etwas is lost on the way to Argentina
Dusel is in Norway
Zipfelchen is lost on the way to Canada

My wild Ones: Swap, Swep, Swip, Swop, dideldum, dideldei, Lane, Lene and Line, Mr Cache and Hoernchen

Posted Nov 25, 2008, 9:10 am
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to becka_kate Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

1. That the area I live in hasn't been devasted by fires (but feel for those who have lost everything!)
2. That the weekend wasn't as unbearably hot as was predicted.
3. That it sounds like the cool change predicted has just arrived.
"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off." -Helen Exley

Friend of: Kalli, C.K. (MIA in the US), Froddo, Candy CottonDottie Grace (Still travelling), Tamalyn (hiding out in Canada) Zahli, Barclay, Kellie Koala& Tilda

Friends in the Wild: Slinkee Snake, Ms Millie, Violet May, Elefunk, Shriek, Eureka Bear, Bonza Roo, Daisy Bear, Elouera, Alby, Thiele, Bree Bear, Fred A’bear, Kograh, Rosetta, Kismet, Huggles & Gretel,Previous host to:  Emma, Greedy,
Iago, Hugo, Kroko, Lollipop, Paula, Steve, Misko, Winnie the Pooh, Her Highness QueenElizabethI, Kari, Tippi, Taro, Seamus, PampleMoose, Berlin Bear, Mario, Mei, (Playmo)Bill, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon, HoppyVanderHare, JamaBanaDukLuv, Elisabeth & Cassiopeia(twice).

Posted Feb 8, 2009, 9:30 am
Prowl_Worshipper
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to Prowl_Worshipper Visit Prowl_Worshipper's web site Send a personal messsage to Prowl_Worshipper Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

1. That the area I live in hasn't been devasted by fires (but feel for those who have lost everything!)

(Beck, I hope you don't mind me borrowing that from you but I am grateful for the exact same thing!)

2. I was able to catch my two cheeky ferrets who escaped this morning and didn't lose them

3. My internet is back after three hours on the phone to technical support yesterday

Prowl Worshipping is not an obsession, it's an ATTITUDE!

"It's not what I am on the inside, but what I do that defines me," Batman, Batman Begins.

Please PM me if you would like to host  Jimmy D Luke Chokito or Lydia!

Missing and sadly missed: Davy Rama Nutmeg Leonidas Pricey

I have hosted: Barclay Philéas (Playmo)Bill, Dilbert, Rangler, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon Strider, Alpina, Seamus, Mousy Mouse, Chocolate, Flora, Pussy Galore, Theodore, Kari, Muki and Lucan

Currently hosting:

*I am NOT hosting Philèas. I wish I was. If you know how to contact CathyB please let me know*

Tvs gone FERAL! - Burble, Ziggy

Visit my Enchanted Kingdom Horses site!

Posted Feb 13, 2009, 12:11 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

1) I wrote an entire paper yesterday (didn't procrastinate at all, not one bit) and it's really not bad at all. I am good at English lit!

2) I got extra time off school this week, which means only three days of school :)

3) My best friend is giving me a very belated 18th birthday present today! (my birthday was nearly four months ago)
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Feb 18, 2009, 5:01 pm
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

1. That tomorrow is Friday!!

2. That I teach kids who are so caring that they weren't able to  wait for tomorrow to donate money to the school fund to help re-supply schools burnt down in the bush fires in Victoria but started bringing money and toys in today!
(If anyone out there's feeling like donating $$ to help, the Red Cross is currently running an appeal  - Whole towns have been devastated and the death toll is at 201 people)

3. That I have had time to log on to this site tonight!

Posted Feb 19, 2009, 9:25 am Last edited Feb 19, 2009, 9:28 am by becka_kate
datura
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to datura Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

1) The beautiful, breezy weather that we are having instead of 109 degree intense heat.

2) I got a letter in the mail from my penpal in Hong Kong! :cyclops:

3) The relaxing afternoon that I've been having.

Posted Sep 28, 2009, 11:35 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

1. I dropped a course and I am down to four this semester. It was one that I realized I didn't need as much as I thought I needed, and my work load has become lighter.

2. One of my high school math teachers is being so amazing for helping me sort out some old transcript issues. Thanks, Mr Martin!

3. I am relatively on top of things, school-wise.

Posted Sep 29, 2009, 6:06 pm
brilliantlyxx
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to brilliantlyxx Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

1. I am grateful for my parents. They do so much for me..plus, they're allowing me to go with my friends next weekend on a trip out of state!

2. I am grateful for having a car that gets me to and from class.

3. I am greatful to have such amazing friends that I know would do anything for me.
My Voyagers:
Chance is in Australia as part of the WTVT
Penny is in Brazil!
Noelle is stuck in Europe
PookyBear is stuck in Colorado
Izzie is stuck in California
Blue Boy is somewhere between Missouri & Michigan.

Wild Release TVs:

Holly, Fargo, Sarver, Skip, Harmon, Lionel, Alden, Isaiah, Elvis Bearsley.

PM me if you would like to host one of my TVs.
Posted Oct 3, 2009, 4:56 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

1. My transcript issues have been sorted out. HUGE relief.

2. Tomorrow we are getting a brand new kitchen! I will have counter space!

3. I know I did well on my midterm today.

Posted Oct 20, 2009, 7:11 am
JaymeC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to JaymeC Visit JaymeC's web site Send an AIM message to JaymeC Send a personal messsage to JaymeC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

1. My oldest son has been getting speech therapy for literally years now. Finally at 4 1/2 I was able to get him into a 'normal' classroom (but mostly badgering people) and he's totally taken off speech wise. He was telling me stories today! This is a huge leap for him and it honestly makes me tear up.

2. My lil dude gave up his seperation anxiety. He's only going to the sitter's two mornings/week to give mommy some homework time, but he was hating it. This week he magically WANTS to go!

3. I had a kid-free weekend with my husband this weekend thanks to an awesome friend for the first time in years.
Please don't mail to my old Japan address! We are in the states now! Ask me for my new one :)

Posted Oct 20, 2009, 10:18 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

1. My best friend doesn't know a thing about anything I am currently studying, but he is great for bouncing ideas when it comes to writing actual papers and things. Also, he cooked me dinner last night and let me sleep over so I could continue to type without interruption.

2. It's not raining! My school is so depressing and cold when it is sitting in the middle of a cloud (it's on top of a mountain).

3. Cheap fair trade coffee at one of the cafes on campus. As in 30 cents if you bring your own travel mug.

Posted Nov 12, 2009, 8:05 pm
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

1. That my sister and brother-in-law found a new place to live and are NOT moving in with us (not that that would be a bad thing, but we don't have a big house!)

2. That my brother-in-law was not too upset about the small dent I put in his car today. :(

3. That the car and my house is air-conditioned and made a nice relief after being in a hot classroom all day!

Posted Nov 16, 2009, 6:52 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

1. I am finding time to work on papers. I'll be at school on all my days off in the next week: today, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

2. It's not raining! I don't like having to carry my laptop around in the rain.

3. This 'Costa Rican Rocket Fuel' fair trade organic coffee is amazing.

And bonus:

4. I am lucky to be healthy, as in the only things wrong with me are a few old sports injuries. I've been reading about cycstic fibrosis all week and doing some reflection. It has also made me feel more charitable: my friend and I baked 61 cupcakes for a charity bakesale, proceeds going towards her mom's animal sanctuary, I'm donating blood again tomorrow, and yesterday I became a registered organ donor. In the new year I am going to be added to the bone marrow and stem cell registry.

Posted Nov 26, 2009, 6:31 pm Last edited Nov 26, 2009, 6:35 pm by AbbyB
DragonflyXO
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to DragonflyXO Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

1. I got a new job!
2. We're going to be able to make rent this month (thanks to Adam's grandma).
3. I found ToyVoyagers the other day and it's become my new addiction.
"Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay, then it's not the end."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My Voyagers:
-Emily S. is in Washington with Jess Roqs
-Charlie Bear is on his way to Canada to visit AbbyB
-Addison is in Florida with starryeyed
-Everett is staying home for a bit

Currently Hosting:
-Camilla
-Lester

Previously Hosted:
-Clover
-KicksBear

Due to current personal and financial issues, I'm unable to host any ToyVoyagers at this time.  To those who I had invited to come celebrate Dia de los Muertos with me, I apologize!

Posted Aug 1, 2010, 3:37 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

After two months away from home:

1. Moderate temperatures. It's 23 degrees and it's lovely.

2. Washing machines and my full wardrobe. I hand-washed my clothing for most of my trip and got really tired of what I was wearing, especially when I was faced with cold Sydney and Orange, only having tropical weather clothes.

3. My family and cat :)

Posted Aug 2, 2010, 10:20 pm
DragonflyXO
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to DragonflyXO Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

1. I just started my new job today and I get GREAT vibes from the place and the people there!  (The bartender that was training me let me keep all of the tips, so I got about $35.00).  I really like this place already.  :D

2. I hung out with a potential girlfriend last night (I don't have any girlfriends) and things went really well.  I think me and her are going to become pretty close.  :)

3. My first TV, Emily S., made it safely to her first destination--Iowa!  YAY!

My Voyagers:

Currently Hosting:
-Camilla
-Lester

Previously Hosted:
-Clover
-KicksBear

Due to current personal and financial issues, I'm unable to host any ToyVoyagers at this time.  To those who I had invited to come celebrate Dia de los Muertos with me, I apologize!

Posted Aug 5, 2010, 8:33 am
DragonflyXO
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United States

1. My pounding headache that has been causing me pain and nausea (ALL DAY) has finally faded away.

2. My dad told me that I have about $650 in savings bonds that I can cash in sometime this week (which means RENT=COVERED FOR THIS MONTH)!!!  :D

3. I've got a pack of Brown Sugar Cinnamon PopTarts on my bookshelf just WAITING to be devoured later.  YUM.

My Voyagers:

Currently Hosting:
-Camilla
-Lester

Previously Hosted:
-Clover
-KicksBear

Posted Aug 10, 2010, 9:43 am
Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable