ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Trading Post » Random Acts - Part 1

Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Random Acts - Part 1, The Matchbox Challenge
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

OK, here's an idea.  It might work, it might not ...  :rolleyes: ... so let's give it a go and see, shall we?!

If you would like to join in, please read the instructions/ guidelines (given below) carefully. 

1. You will be given a random name and address from the list of people who sign up for this 'game'.
2. You need to find an empty matchbox which you will fill with tiny goodies for that person.
3. You can decorate the box if you prefer, but you don't have to.
4. Each person must send a minimum of five goodies, and they MUST be small enough to fit into the matchbox without it bursting.
5. Any size of matchbox is ok, as long as you don't take a shoebox, and pretend it's a matchbox, or anything silly like that.
6. Examples of goodies - pin/badge, tiny toy, beads, bracelet, sticker(s), recipes for cookies/cakes etc - use your imagination!
7. If you do send sweeties/foodstuffs they must be in original wrappings, and please remember you cannot send food into Australia.
8. You might get ideas from a person's Profile - you will be given the name of the person you have to send to, so you can check out what they like.
9. Please don't send anything that you wouldn't like to receive yourself (worms, twigs and gravel spring to mind - it must be being a mum to two boys)
10. You must stick to the deadline dates for signing up and for sending - and you must not tell anyone who you're sending to - it's a surprise!
11. You must have been active on the site for at least a month to sign up - sorry to anyone newer than this - but you will get a chance next month with a different Random Challenge.
12.  If you sign up, get your random person, and don't send them anything, it's regrettable, but you won't be allowed to join in future challenges.

If you would still like to join in, then please sign up below, and PM your address to Isobel (Isobel&Neil).

Last date for signing up is June 30th.

Here's the list to date:
1. Isobel
2. MrsC
3. fam-united
4. Lejow
5. Apperveilchen
6. Eryah
7. Olgamaus
8. gingermuggins
9. Michele_one_L
10. AbbyB
11. MissMelissa
12. Mistigree
13. Marjolein
14. magicwoman
15. Steve&Helly
16. Puny&Bumblebee
17. kristl
You will receive someone else's name and address - please fill your matchbox, and send it out to your named person by July 10th at the very latest.

PLease PM me (Isobel&Neil) if this doesn't make any sense at all - it's been a long, children's-party kind of day  ;)

Attached file: matchbox.jpg (436 downloads)
matchbox.jpg
We live here.

Posted Jun 22, 2008, 7:50 pm Last edited Jun 28, 2008, 7:03 am by Isobel&Neil
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Me first, oh me first!!! I'll do it!

I love a challenge...hang on do I need to take up smoking? :o Match box, must have one of those around here SOMEWHERE....
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

My cute little ToyVoyagers are Bokkie, Khetiwe and little Ambrosius

I am currently hosting Pinky BearShaggy Bear,  and Squirt

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted Jun 22, 2008, 8:26 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Great idea! I wish to be part of this.

Hugs, Petra

Posted Jun 22, 2008, 8:29 pm
Lejow
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Visit Lejow's web site Send a personal messsage to Lejow Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Me to me to
And thanks for the picture of a matchbox.. it took a long time for me to remember what it was
(ok its late.. and its sunday hahaha)

But I want to join!!!!
My TV's:
Dirkie, Little Billy, Snuggles, Pien, Plof, Sebastiaan, Crocs

I am hosting:
Ambrosius, Clem

I'm gonna host:
Fenway, ducky-duck, Mittens, Lemony, Squiggles

I hosted:
Apollo, Emil, Chompers, Bene, Tony, Meleleuca, SylphidePimboli, Rex, Henry the Adventure Hound, Count

Posted Jun 22, 2008, 8:39 pm
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I want to play! I don't know when I'll find the time... cut a bit shorter on the studying is the first thing coming to mind... and who needs to sleep anyway? But I want to play! I promise I'll meet the deadlines. I love tiny things. :cyclops:
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Jun 22, 2008, 9:17 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Oooh!  Jolly good, jolly good!

Thank you for joining in!

The List has been moved to the First Post of the thread.

Come on, come on - you know you want to ... !
We live here.

Posted Jun 22, 2008, 10:21 pm Last edited Jun 23, 2008, 6:29 am by Isobel&Neil
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

PS. If you really can't find an empty matchbox, please use a similar TINY box - like v small chocolate box, toothpaste tube(lots of long and thin items?) or something.

PPS. Don't send matches through the post. :stare:
In case you thought about leaving one in as one of your little gifts. ;)

PPPS. If everyone could post a pic of their little gifts on the Forum, there might be a prize for the most entertaining/ imaginative/ creative/ whatever person ....

*ooooh!*
We live here.

Posted Jun 22, 2008, 10:29 pm Last edited Jun 22, 2008, 10:32 pm by Isobel&Neil
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I also want to join this game.
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Jun 22, 2008, 10:34 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

But maybe we only should post the pic after the surprise arrived or it wouldn't be a surprise. Don't you think so too?

Posted Jun 22, 2008, 10:37 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Oh yes, sorry. That's what I meant. Doh. AFTER receiving, post a pic of your goodies.

Apologies - I get a bit muddled when it's past my bedtime :( .
We live here.

Posted Jun 22, 2008, 10:39 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Thank you Olgamaus - I shall add you to the list!
We live here.

Posted Jun 22, 2008, 10:41 pm
gingermuggins
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to gingermuggins Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I would like to join in the fun please :)
My Toy Voyagers ~ Meleleuca ~ Pirate ~ Fifi Flowertot ~ Curio

RIP ~ Marcello

Visiting now  ~ Paula ~ Chester

Had the pleasure of hosting ~ Groovy ~ Snuggles ~ Bloem ~ Leo Lion ~ ducky-duck ~ Roberto  ~ Sunshine ~ Rex ~ Coop ~ Gus Giraf ~ Bon ~ Antonio ~ Twilight ~ Bon ~ Fuzzy Wuzzy ~ Trudi[tv] ~ [tv]Emil ~ Calixte ~ Bob the Bug ~ kattieMill

Posted Jun 22, 2008, 11:26 pm
Michele_one_L
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to Michele_one_L Send a message to Michele_one_L with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to Michele_one_L Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

ME, ME, ME! I would like to join too!
My Toyvoyagers - Honey Bear, Piggy, KungFu Panda, Tuffy, Horton, Mister P Tom, Chompers, Ronnie N Hammie, Pimboli, Gilbert, Ollie_Marmot, Grape Ape, TagAlong Rocket, Fuzzy Wuzzy, Sunnie and Bullet.

Currently Hosting - Crocs, Jimmy D, Ceryni

Hosted - Nicki Bear (twice), Coop, Coco, JamaBanaDukLuv, Angus, Hazle, Wolletje, Winnie the Pooh, Little Billy, Dirkie, Fuzz Bear, Cliff, Pebbels, HitchaRideMo, Muumipeikko, Mausi, Bellatrix, Willy Wau, TheoSheepResi, Bene, Hinz + Kunz, Moley, Cool Jules, Jimbo Elephant, Sussy Greenfeet,Vicky Mouseham, Mister_Right, Fester

Posted Jun 23, 2008, 12:26 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'll join. Might not be a matchbox though, but I'll figure out something similar.
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Jun 23, 2008, 2:56 am
MissMelissa
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United States

Visit MissMelissa's web site Send a personal messsage to MissMelissa Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Count me in!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3138/2561531730_d9f8e85e47.jpg

Posted Jun 23, 2008, 3:33 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

WOW! Thanks to everyone for joining in.

Couldn't sleep last night, thinking of small items ;)

PLease PM me with your address if you haven't already.

Room for more people, so if you'd like to join in, please do!
We live here.

Posted Jun 23, 2008, 6:30 am
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I bought a box of matches today! I wasn't even sure where to look for them! In the charcoal section of course...

Tomorrow I start filling it up... I am ridiculously excited about this.... :p :p :p

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

My cute little ToyVoyagers are Bokkie, Khetiwe and little Ambrosius

I am currently hosting Pinky BearShaggy Bear,  and Squirt

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted Jun 23, 2008, 4:05 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

There is still one week left to sign up for the Matchbox Challenge!

You can start getting your matchbox and filling it now ...

The sign-up will close on June 30th, and then you will have a further ten days to fill and post your matchbox to your random person from the list (you will know then who is your "random" - so you can add any little things which you think will interest them in particular).

We have a great number of people (11 already!) playing this round - but please do sign up if you would like to join in.

OK. Matchboxes at the ready! :)

We live here.

Posted Jun 23, 2008, 5:11 pm Last edited Jun 23, 2008, 5:12 pm by Isobel&Neil
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Thanks for your mailing addresses.

Abby - still need yours ;) but lots of time to send it - so don't worry.

Isobel
We live here.

Posted Jun 23, 2008, 5:31 pm
Mistigree
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

France

Send a personal messsage to Mistigree Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Great !!! I'm fond of RABCK (we're sometimes doing it on Bookcrossing too), and of course, you can count me in !!
The more difficult will be to find a tiny box (don't want to buy one box of matches !! I won't use the matches !)

Posted Jun 23, 2008, 8:34 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable