ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Trading Post » Random Acts - Part 1

Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Random Acts - Part 1, The Matchbox Challenge
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

There are a lot of small boxes in the average household. For example such small boxes with metal staples, a box with screws or nails, cute boxes for special sweets, there are small boxes with tea bags. A lot of people are keeping metal boxes for peppermint dragees, licorice or something else.
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Jun 23, 2008, 8:48 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

And now we are twelve!

Thank you Mistigree for joining us.

Thank you all for your addresses :D
We live here.

Posted Jun 23, 2008, 9:24 pm
MissMelissa
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United States

Visit MissMelissa's web site Send a personal messsage to MissMelissa Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Out of curiosity, what sized match boxes are we thinking here? I went to the store and there are little guys and big guys. The big ones hold 250. I'm guessing we're talking about the little guys, but I just wanted to check. The picture looks like the smaller ones, but it could hold just a few huge matches ^_^ I don't want to send a tiny one and get a huge one, or send a big one and get a little one. What can I say, I embarrass easily!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3138/2561531730_d9f8e85e47.jpg

Posted Jun 24, 2008, 1:17 am
Eryah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

View Eryah's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Eryah Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I allready have some ideas to put in the box. I'm also very curious what you all put in it :)

@ MissMelissa: i'm still in doubt what kind i'm gonna use. I think i'm gonna use the small one because i think my items will fit in it. If not, i'm gonna use a larger one so it depend on if it fits or not.
My Tv's on the road are: Hurley
Tv wich join random act 3: Josh
The others are @ home

I am hosting: -

I hosted: TheosheepChompers, Nelly, Marcello, Palmeke, Meleleuca, Snowy, Iggy-Korn, Lillebi, Bene, Willy Wau, Davy, Lumi, Margarida, Count, Ambrosius, Roberto, Summy, Nepomuk, Dottie Mouse, Clem, Strider, HitchaRideDooey, Roots bear, Mulalu, Muumipeikko, Henry the Adventure Hound, Bokkie, Amelie, *~Mr. Bubbles~*, Papelbon

I'm also host at the Dutch TV trail. If you want to send your toy on this trail please send me a pm.

Posted Jun 24, 2008, 4:57 pm
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

There are even more sizes of match boxes and different sizes of matches. I don't think all the different countries have the same sizes, either, plus some people don't have/won't use match boxes, so it really doesn't matter as long as it's a small box. A bigger (or smaller) box doesn't mean better presents, it all depends on your ideas. No need to be embarassed, size isn't everything! ;)
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Jun 24, 2008, 8:44 pm
Marjolein
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send an email to Marjolein Visit Marjolein's web site View Marjolein's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Marjolein Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Ooh I would love to join :D I hope I still can?!
My ToyVoyagers: Kasper, Casanova, Dieuwerke, Alizée, Koetje, Jelka
Wild tv's: Hero, Persefone, Laocoön, Bran, Maeldun, Scathach
Currently hosting: Mulalu, Momo, Mumble
I have hosted: LiLA Bear, Roots Bear (twice), Nick, Claire, TheOutsider, Finja, Pingu, Davy, Count, Ambrosius, Muumipeikko, Chompers, Gilbert, Sunnie, AliG, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Hinz + Kunz, Papelbon, Henry the Adventure Hound, Viktor, Jelle

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/marjoleinaneth/Banner.jpg

Posted Jun 24, 2008, 8:56 pm
magicwoman
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send a personal messsage to magicwoman Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I want to join please count me in
My TV's are
Cliff,
Angus
Malcolm51
Bon
Phil
Dio
ZoSo
Lemmy
Page
Ozzy

I'm gonna host:
,Charlie-danger,Victoria,theodor,,Fuzzy Wuzzy,Lemony,Aoi,mausi,woodstock,,Shirley sheep,Jadzia tam

Im hosting: nothing at the moment

I have hosted:Meleleuca,Pebbels,fluffy,Emil.Just_Married,Bokkie,Palmeke,Bene.Iggy-Korn,Clem,ambrosius,trafalgar,Henry the Adventure Hound ,count

Posted Jun 24, 2008, 9:26 pm
Steve & Helly
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Steve & Helly Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Ohh, Yes please!!

Count us in!
"From Little Acorns Mighty Oaks do Grow"

Our Toy Voyagers:
Pierre Bear, Elephonse, Tiger Tom, Isambard, Wadworth,Sandi Rose

Most successful Toy Voyager release:
Dijon

Posted Jun 25, 2008, 8:47 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Apperveilchen said:
No need to be embarassed, size isn't everything!  ;)

LOL Apperveilchen - CHEEKY!

Hello!!!

to

Marjolein
magicwoman
Steve&Helly

You are most welcome - thank you for joining in....  :cyclops:

We live here.

Posted Jun 25, 2008, 7:12 pm
Puny&Bumblebee
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United States

Send an email to Puny&Bumblebee Send a personal messsage to Puny&Bumblebee Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

John and I would like to sign up please!
My ToyVoyagers: TheOutsider
                              Skrappy
                              Fester
                              Melman
                          *~Mr. Bubbles~*   

Previously hosted: Jadzia Tam
                              SillyWillyBlu
                              Titch
                              Tuffy
                              Sully Monster

*Posted Jun 26, 2008, 7:11 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Welcome to Puny&Bumblebee
We live here.

Posted Jun 26, 2008, 10:56 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

There are still four more days to sign up for this challenge - please make sure you will be able to send a filled matchbox to a named random person from the list (name will be given to you on 1st July) by 10th July.

You must be able to complete the challenge, AND post the matchbox, by July 10th.
We live here.

Posted Jun 26, 2008, 11:01 am
magicwoman
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send a personal messsage to magicwoman Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

OMG I love this game! I fill lots of matchboxes ,I went shopping yesterday and found many many things.But what to do with all the matches :cyclops:
My TV's are
Cliff,
Angus
Malcolm51
Bon
Phil
Dio
ZoSo
Lemmy
Page
Ozzy

I'm gonna host:
,Charlie-danger,Victoria,theodor,,Fuzzy Wuzzy,Lemony,Aoi,mausi,woodstock,,Shirley sheep,Jadzia tam

Im hosting: nothing at the moment

I have hosted:Meleleuca,Pebbels,fluffy,Emil.Just_Married,Bokkie,Palmeke,Bene.Iggy-Korn,Clem,ambrosius,trafalgar,Henry the Adventure Hound ,count

*Posted Jun 26, 2008, 7:09 pm
Marjolein
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send an email to Marjolein Visit Marjolein's web site View Marjolein's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Marjolein Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I've written the date in my diary, should be no problemo :)
My ToyVoyagers: Kasper, Casanova, Dieuwerke, Alizée, Koetje, Jelka
Wild tv's: Hero, Persefone, Laocoön, Bran, Maeldun, Scathach
Currently hosting: Mulalu, Momo, Mumble
I have hosted: LiLA Bear, Roots Bear (twice), Nick, Claire, TheOutsider, Finja, Pingu, Davy, Count, Ambrosius, Muumipeikko, Chompers, Gilbert, Sunnie, AliG, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Hinz + Kunz, Papelbon, Henry the Adventure Hound, Viktor, Jelle

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/marjoleinaneth/Banner.jpg

Posted Jun 26, 2008, 9:10 pm
Lejow
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Visit Lejow's web site Send a personal messsage to Lejow Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hehehe I put al the matches in the bin :P
I have also lots of nice things to put in to :)
My TV's:
Dirkie, Little Billy, Snuggles, Pien, Plof, Sebastiaan, Crocs

I am hosting:
Ambrosius, Clem

I'm gonna host:
Fenway, ducky-duck, Mittens, Lemony, Squiggles

I hosted:
Apollo, Emil, Chompers, Bene, Tony, Meleleuca, SylphidePimboli, Rex, Henry the Adventure Hound, Count

Posted Jun 27, 2008, 6:44 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

OK, have bought first few items for my matchbox.

Anyone else fancy joining in?
We live here.

Posted Jun 27, 2008, 3:19 pm
kristl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Technicals

Russian Federation

Send an email to kristl Visit kristl's web site Send an ICQ messsage to kristl View kristl's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to kristl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'd be happy to join too..)

One question - must goodies in a matchbox be all of the same type (for ex. all stickers) or can/should they be different (1 sticker, 1 pin and so on)?
Believing in the magic that I know could never be...
(c) Flight of Dragons

My ToyVoyagers Berlin Bear Éireannach Snegovik Tippi Strider Babylonie TibiPanda Charity Bear Trafalgar
Currently hosting Peachy Chai Vakinas
Hosted C.K. Luffy Bertold Kennedy Majed Purple Bun Archibald Bumba Gina Giraffe BearyLuv Eldon Rangler Curly Snowy NormaNikkers Squiggles Minerva Flora Helen Bear Decker Small Fry Dottie Grace Elisabeth Otto Smith Morado Mousy Mouse Fusco Robinson Donald, Beethoven

Would you like to host one of my ToyVoyagers? - See the TravelLists
ToyVoyagers on WWTVT & ETVT that are going to visit me

I'm TrailOrganiser and Host on the RTVT. Please contact me if you'd like your TV to visit Russia!

Posted Jun 28, 2008, 6:47 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

I think they should all be different - whatever you think another Member/ you yourself would like to receive, and, of course, small enough to fit inside a matchbox, or similar-sized small box.

I will add you to the list - thank you for joining kristl!
We live here.

Posted Jun 28, 2008, 7:02 am
kristl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Technicals

Russian Federation

Send an email to kristl Visit kristl's web site Send an ICQ messsage to kristl View kristl's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to kristl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Ok, got it!)

Thank you very much!
Believing in the magic that I know could never be...
(c) Flight of Dragons

My ToyVoyagers Berlin Bear Éireannach Snegovik Tippi Strider Babylonie TibiPanda Charity Bear Trafalgar
Currently hosting Peachy Chai Vakinas
Hosted C.K. Luffy Bertold Kennedy Majed Purple Bun Archibald Bumba Gina Giraffe BearyLuv Eldon Rangler Curly Snowy NormaNikkers Squiggles Minerva Flora Helen Bear Decker Small Fry Dottie Grace Elisabeth Otto Smith Morado Mousy Mouse Fusco Robinson Donald, Beethoven

Would you like to host one of my ToyVoyagers? - See the TravelLists
ToyVoyagers on WWTVT & ETVT that are going to visit me

I'm TrailOrganiser and Host on the RTVT. Please contact me if you'd like your TV to visit Russia!

Posted Jun 28, 2008, 8:16 pm
Michele_one_L
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to Michele_one_L Send a message to Michele_one_L with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to Michele_one_L Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I have 4 things for my matchbox and I'm having a hard time finding a 5th thing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks!
Michele
My Toyvoyagers - Honey Bear, Piggy, KungFu Panda, Tuffy, Horton, Mister P Tom, Chompers, Ronnie N Hammie, Pimboli, Gilbert, Ollie_Marmot, Grape Ape, TagAlong Rocket, Fuzzy Wuzzy, Sunnie and Bullet.

Currently Hosting - Crocs, Jimmy D, Ceryni

Hosted - Nicki Bear (twice), Coop, Coco, JamaBanaDukLuv, Angus, Hazle, Wolletje, Winnie the Pooh, Little Billy, Dirkie, Fuzz Bear, Cliff, Pebbels, HitchaRideMo, Muumipeikko, Mausi, Bellatrix, Willy Wau, TheoSheepResi, Bene, Hinz + Kunz, Moley, Cool Jules, Jimbo Elephant, Sussy Greenfeet,Vicky Mouseham, Mister_Right, Fester

Posted Jun 28, 2008, 10:01 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable