ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Trading Post » Random Acts - Part 1

Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Random Acts - Part 1, The Matchbox Challenge
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Well, if you get my name, a diamond might be nice! Ha ha ha...
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

My cute little ToyVoyagers are Bokkie, Khetiwe and little Ambrosius

I am currently hosting Pinky BearShaggy Bear,  and Squirt

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted Jun 29, 2008, 1:05 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

If you are struggling to find more items, wait and see who you get for your random name - that should give you some ideas (though obviously you can't ask that person - it's a surprise!).

You will stil have 9-10 days to finish your purchases before they have to be sent out.

We live here.

Posted Jun 29, 2008, 7:32 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Just a reminder - the sign-up stage of this challenge will end tomorrow - I'm going to close it at 12 noon GMT.

This is so that I can draw the names and get everyone's random person's details out to them by the end of tomorrow.

So if you are thinking of joining in, you have a little time to look at the 'rules' and sign up if you wish.

We live here.

Posted Jun 29, 2008, 2:36 pm Last edited Jun 29, 2008, 2:36 pm by Isobel&Neil
Steve & Helly
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Steve & Helly Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Spent a pleasant ten minutes swapping matches from a slightly bigger box into a smaller one, spilling them all over the floor then wrestling with the new kitten to pick them up before she ran off with them!!!
"From Little Acorns Mighty Oaks do Grow"

Our Toy Voyagers:
Pierre Bear, Elephonse, Tiger Tom, Isambard, Wadworth,Sandi Rose

Most successful Toy Voyager release:
Dijon

Posted Jun 29, 2008, 9:49 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Just waiting for Puny&Bumblebee to send an address, and the draw for names will take place this afternoon.

If anyne else wants to join in, sign up before 12 noon GMT, and send your address via PM STRAIGHTAWAY please - or I can't get your details out to people.

Kind Regards
Isobel
We live here.

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 8:38 am
Eryah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

View Eryah's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Eryah Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Steve & Helly said:
Spent a pleasant ten minutes swapping matches from a slightly bigger box into a smaller one, spilling them all over the floor then wrestling with the new kitten to pick them up before she ran off with them!!!

O boy hahahaha  :cyclops:
My Tv's on the road are: Hurley
Tv wich join random act 3: Josh
The others are @ home

I am hosting: -

I hosted: TheosheepChompers, Nelly, Marcello, Palmeke, Meleleuca, Snowy, Iggy-Korn, Lillebi, Bene, Willy Wau, Davy, Lumi, Margarida, Count, Ambrosius, Roberto, Summy, Nepomuk, Dottie Mouse, Clem, Strider, HitchaRideDooey, Roots bear, Mulalu, Muumipeikko, Henry the Adventure Hound, Bokkie, Amelie, *~Mr. Bubbles~*, Papelbon

I'm also host at the Dutch TV trail. If you want to send your toy on this trail please send me a pm.

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 9:29 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

MrsC said:
Well, if you get my name, a diamond might be nice! Ha ha ha...

Unfortunately, MrsC, diamonds are prohibited in the mail here.

Just out of curiosity, how is everyone planning to package their box?  I have no idea how to prepare mine for travel.
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 9:46 am
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Oh, sigh... here too...guess I won't be getting diamonds then...

I was thinking of a padded envelope filled with those foamy chip things for protection... and making sure the matchbox was REALLY FULL to keep it's shape.... :D
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 10:16 am
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I was thinking of using a small metal chocolates box. It's 4x4x6cm big. Is that too big?
But the match boxes I have here are only 5,5x3,5x(most importantly)0,5cm big. I don't think I can fit 5 things in with that height. The supermarket only has lighters or those really big matches, where the box is even bigger.
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 10:29 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Steve & Helly said:

Hahaha, I love that! Could have been me! And ehmm, my parents' dog

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 1:26 pm
Eryah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

View Eryah's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Eryah Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Apperveilchen said:
I was thinking of using a small metal chocolates box. It's 4x4x6cm big. Is that too big?
But the match boxes I have here are only 5,5x3,5x(most importantly)0,5cm big. I don't think I can fit 5 things in with that height. The supermarket only has lighters or those really big matches, where the box is even bigger.

i have the same size as you are. I also use a hard box for it instead of a paper matchbox. That's because of the presents in it and the box i put it in is a part of the presents....
But this is the only thing i say before i give away what i'm planning to send ;)
The others are @ home

I hosted: TheosheepChompers, Nelly, Marcello, Palmeke, Meleleuca, Snowy, Iggy-Korn, Lillebi, Bene, Willy Wau, Davy, Lumi, Margarida, Count, Ambrosius, Roberto, Summy, Nepomuk, Dottie Mouse, Clem, Strider, HitchaRideDooey, Roots bear, Mulalu, Muumipeikko, Henry the Adventure Hound, Bokkie, Amelie, *~Mr. Bubbles~*, Papelbon

I'm also host at the Dutch TV trail. If you want to send your toy on this trail please send me a pm.

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 1:32 pm
Lejow
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Visit Lejow's web site Send a personal messsage to Lejow Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I put them in a bubbly envelope (or how do you call them haha) and my matchbox is so full, it stays in shape anyway :P

I cant wait to here who I have!
My TV's:
Dirkie, Little Billy, Snuggles, Pien, Plof, Sebastiaan, Crocs

I am hosting:
Ambrosius, Clem

I'm gonna host:
Fenway, ducky-duck, Mittens, Lemony, Squiggles

I hosted:
Apollo, Emil, Chompers, Bene, Tony, Meleleuca, SylphidePimboli, Rex, Henry the Adventure Hound, Count

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 4:16 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

This challenge is now closed (I would have told you earlier, but I was at the "PlayFarm" getting sunburnt -ouch! - and couldn't get near the computer)

I will be sending out your random person's name shortly.

:rolleyes:
We live here.

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 7:15 pm
Eryah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

I'm looking forward to it!
The others are @ home

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 7:34 pm
magicwoman
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send a personal messsage to magicwoman Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

me to!
My TV's are
Cliff,
Angus
Malcolm51
Bon
Phil
Dio
ZoSo
Lemmy
Page
Ozzy

I'm gonna host:
,Charlie-danger,Victoria,theodor,,Fuzzy Wuzzy,Lemony,Aoi,mausi,woodstock,,Shirley sheep,Jadzia tam

Im hosting: nothing at the moment

I have hosted:Meleleuca,Pebbels,fluffy,Emil.Just_Married,Bokkie,Palmeke,Bene.Iggy-Korn,Clem,ambrosius,trafalgar,Henry the Adventure Hound ,count

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 8:08 pm
Lejow
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Visit Lejow's web site Send a personal messsage to Lejow Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Yes Yes I have a name
And I am happyyyy!!!
My TV's:
Dirkie, Little Billy, Snuggles, Pien, Plof, Sebastiaan, Crocs

I am hosting:
Ambrosius, Clem

I'm gonna host:
Fenway, ducky-duck, Mittens, Lemony, Squiggles

I hosted:
Apollo, Emil, Chompers, Bene, Tony, Meleleuca, SylphidePimboli, Rex, Henry the Adventure Hound, Count

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 9:22 pm
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Isobel asked me to do the draw and send PMs telling you the name of your random person.

She has asked me to say please don't tell anyone who your person is, then it will be a surprise for them.

Your matchbox must be filled and sent by July 10th at the latest. Please post in this forum to say that you have sent your matchbox.

Good luck everyone!

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 9:24 pm
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

Oh ho ho! I'm sending mine to...shhh! That would be telling! ;)

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 9:30 pm
Eryah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

WOEPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I'm also very glad with the name!!!!
The others are @ home

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 9:31 pm
Mistigree
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

France

Send a personal messsage to Mistigree Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I've got my name too !! I was waiting for it before filling the box !! Nox I can go shopping !

Posted Jun 30, 2008, 9:32 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable