ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Dazed and Confused? » Would it be posible....

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Would it be posible....
Silverwings
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Group: Members

United States

Send an email to Silverwings Visit Silverwings's web site Send an AIM message to Silverwings Send a message to Silverwings with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to Silverwings Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Ok, I have a small idea. I recently found another Texan on this site (howiemaui), and we were talking about having a "Texas duo" so that if one of us hosted a toyvoyager then it would go to the other to see more of the state.

What if we took that a step further and had a "Texas ToyVoyager Trail" (TTVT) ? We could have a route for people to send their ToyVoyagers on. (I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I'm trying)

It would be kind of like this:

Step 1: Host #1 recieves toyvoyager.
Step 2: Host #1 takes care of toyvoyager for a while. (time span depending on owner's preferences)
Step 3: Host #1 sends toyvoyager to next person on trail list (Host #2)
Step 4: Host #2 recieves toyvoyager.
Step 5: Host #2 takes care of toyvoyager for a while. (see step 2)
Step 6: Host #2 sends toyvoyager to next person on trail list (Host #3)

This continues until the last person on the list is ready to send the toyvoyager on it's way. Depending on the owner's preferences, the toyvoyager can be sent directly to the owner or on to another host. (toyvoyager could also be sent back to Host #1 who would then send it to the next person in the toyvoyager's itenerary)

Does this make any sense? Is there anything I need to work on? (besides finding at least one more Texan :D) If we could get this to work in Texas, it might work for other states/countrys and give the owner a way to have their Toyvoyager see more of that state/country. (Without release into the wild)

Please tell me what you think!
I know I'm not around much... but I am still alive! (Life gets in my way a lot.)

Please don't worry if I don't respond to anything between now and August. I'm off to archaeology camp---where internet access is hard to come by.

Posted Apr 6, 2007, 3:29 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Great idea Silverwings!

Please write a post about the Trail in the 'Hosts' forum, so that when you add your name to a 'ToyVoyager seeking hosts', you can link to the trail details and offer it as an option.

We think that making the trail optional is important - some people will want their ToyVoyager to stay somewhere for a while, see more of the place and get to know it, others will just be happy to say they have been there (i.e. just stay with one host) and then move on. The more you can say about the trail and those involved the better. We also think people will want to know who the hosts are, so they will need to sign up as members.

Looking forward to seeing the trail in action!

Any more thoughts anyone?
We live here.

Posted Apr 8, 2007, 9:09 pm
Silverwings
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Group: Members

United States

Send an email to Silverwings Visit Silverwings's web site Send an AIM message to Silverwings Send a message to Silverwings with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to Silverwings Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Ok, I just created the topic in the hosts section. Please tell me if I need to add anything to it.

If hosts from any other country or state would like to try this as well, I'd be happy to help!
I know I'm not around much... but I am still alive! (Life gets in my way a lot.)

Please don't worry if I don't respond to anything between now and August. I'm off to archaeology camp---where internet access is hard to come by.

Posted Apr 8, 2007, 10:08 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable