ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Dazed and Confused? » The Photo Police are coming t...

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
The Photo Police are coming to get you ..., Please show the ToyVoyager!
Admin
Admin

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi all,

When writing updates, please remember that the travelog is there to show the ToyVoyager on its travels. Please make sure that the photos you upload show the ToyVoyager.

The odd photo without the ToyVoyager in it is okay, but please keep these to a minimum, even if it means the travelog ends up showing less photos.

We fully appreciate how much work goes into taking a ToyVoyager round and writing the updates. We just wanted to make this point to keep the quality of the travelogs as high as possible, so that people who visit the site and look at your work see what they expect to see.

Many thanks!

Posted Aug 16, 2008, 10:07 am
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I try to do that as much as possible... I can understand how it can be hard sometimes though - like my last trip to the zoo, I could take photos while we were driving but the animals were such a distance away that the TV's looked like just a blur in the photos...

But good to know. :-)
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Aug 16, 2008, 10:37 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Argh, you made me have to go throughupdates of ToyVoyagers I have hosted to make sure that I'm not one of those people who posts barely any photos of the toyvoyagers themselves.

And just my personal opinion, I don't mind having pictures without toyvoyagers in them. Sometimes it's necessary for scenic shots, or if one has to zoom in, and if it means I'll see more of other countries, then bring them on.
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Aug 16, 2008, 8:42 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Up for the new hosts

Posted Oct 22, 2008, 7:52 am
Pandamao
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Pandamao Send a personal messsage to Pandamao Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I do not mind having photos without TVs ... sometimes you just cannot make a photo with them. And then at least some photo will show where the TV has been. otherwise it would be just text.

So, I'm still going to post photos without TVs (when possible of course with TVs) ... now, am I going to be arrested by the photo police? ;)

Posted Oct 22, 2008, 9:06 pm
Admin
Admin

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi Pandamao,

The odd photo without the ToyVoyager in it is okay, but please try to keep these to a minimum if you can, even if it means the travelog ends up showing less photos.
We are trying to make sure the travelog is about the toyvoyager in places, rather than just the places themselves.

Kind regards,

Neil

Posted Oct 23, 2008, 7:34 am Last edited Oct 23, 2008, 7:42 am by Admin
Eryah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

View Eryah's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Eryah Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Well, i don't always have pictures with the tv's in it, and it have a reason. I can't go outside much, but i do wanna show how my town lookes like. That's why i have two updates for each tv, with information and pictures about my town and country. If i have to remove them, i find that a pitty, because it gives the mentor an idea of the area were i live.
Otherwise it's boring for me also, because then i only make updates of my house.
My Tv's on the road are: Hurley
Tv wich join random act 3: Josh
The others are @ home

I am hosting: -

I hosted: TheosheepChompers, Nelly, Marcello, Palmeke, Meleleuca, Snowy, Iggy-Korn, Lillebi, Bene, Willy Wau, Davy, Lumi, Margarida, Count, Ambrosius, Roberto, Summy, Nepomuk, Dottie Mouse, Clem, Strider, HitchaRideDooey, Roots bear, Mulalu, Muumipeikko, Henry the Adventure Hound, Bokkie, Amelie, *~Mr. Bubbles~*, Papelbon

I'm also host at the Dutch TV trail. If you want to send your toy on this trail please send me a pm.

Posted Oct 23, 2008, 9:36 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi Eryah,
don't be worried about this. That's not what we want you to do.

We just want to remind, that photos with toyvoyagers is what should be mostly shown. You surely know, that there are some toyvoyagers, who have many many photos without the toyvoyager included and there are some toyvoyagers, which have photos only with the toyvoyager included. I also add some photos without the toyvoyager, if it is needed. Sometimes it is just difficult to have a fantastic background, when you hold the tv in front of the camera, because then the background maybe isn't sharp enough. Or you will show a closed detail, which just is impossible with the toyvoyager.

So if you add photos without tv, because you can't go out so much, it is completely fine, too.

It is just to remind everyone, that the toyvoyager is the one, who should be on the photo. And only a few photos can be without the toyvoyager, only if the circumstances make it impossible to include it on the photo.

I hope, you know, what I want to say.

Posted Oct 23, 2008, 10:09 am
Eryah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

View Eryah's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Eryah Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Yes, thank you for the clear answer :D

I started worried indeed because of this topic, but now i know it is fine the way i do it. Thanks!
My Tv's on the road are: Hurley
Tv wich join random act 3: Josh
The others are @ home

I am hosting: -

I hosted: TheosheepChompers, Nelly, Marcello, Palmeke, Meleleuca, Snowy, Iggy-Korn, Lillebi, Bene, Willy Wau, Davy, Lumi, Margarida, Count, Ambrosius, Roberto, Summy, Nepomuk, Dottie Mouse, Clem, Strider, HitchaRideDooey, Roots bear, Mulalu, Muumipeikko, Henry the Adventure Hound, Bokkie, Amelie, *~Mr. Bubbles~*, Papelbon

I'm also host at the Dutch TV trail. If you want to send your toy on this trail please send me a pm.

Posted Oct 23, 2008, 5:39 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable