ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Trading Post » Random acts - Part 2:

Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Random acts - Part 2: , The olympic Challenge
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Here at ToyVoyagers Central we are avidly watching the Olympics!

Here's a new challenge which is *kind of* Olympian in flavour. 

We will be re-creating the symbol of this great sporting event with our second random giving of gifts.

If you would like to join in, please read the instructions/ guidelines (given below) carefully.

1. You will be given a random name and address from the list of people who sign up for this 'game'.
2. You need to find the following items to send to the person whose name you receive:

* five ring or circular shaped items - each must be a different thing (so you can't send five round badges, for example) - this represents the Olympic symbol of five interlocking rings
* one item which represents a favourite sport or activity
* one shiny item/medal/trophy

3. Examples of round things - badges, patches, stickers, bracelets, oranges(!), biscuits(!!) - I feel sure there will be lots of original and exciting items sent!
4. If you do send sweeties/foodstuffs they must be in original wrappings, and please remember you cannot send food into Australia.
5. You might get ideas from a person's Profile - you will be given the name of the person you have to send to, so you can check out what they like.
6. Please don't send anything that you wouldn't like to receive yourself (the follwoing might not get a good response:  the inside of a toilet roll, a bottle top, an elastic band etc etc )
7. You must stick to the deadline dates for signing up and for sending - and you must not tell anyone who you're sending to - it's a surprise!
8. You must have been active on the site for at least a month to sign up - sorry to anyone newer than this - but you will get a chance next month with a different Random Challenge.
9.  If you sign up, get your random person, and don't send them anything, it's regrettable, but you won't be allowed to join in future challenges.

If you would like to join in, please add your name to the thread.

Deadline for signing up = 27th August (one week from today)
Deadline for sending items = 6th September

Kind regards
Isobel

List of Participants:
1. Isobel
2. AbbyB
3. MrsC
4. gingermuggins
5. fam-united
6. olgamaus
7. charda
8. bun_traveler
9. becka_kate

10. Mistigree
11. Mood
We live here.

Posted Aug 20, 2008, 5:02 pm Last edited Sep 1, 2008, 5:49 pm by Isobel&Neil
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Group: Members

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Whatever it is, sign me up :)
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Aug 20, 2008, 5:16 pm
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Once bitten...twice...um...oh, you know I have a rubber arm! :p I'm in again...funny there are two round 'things' going out in tomorrow's mail!!!
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

My cute little ToyVoyagers are Bokkie, Khetiwe and little Ambrosius

I am currently hosting Pinky BearShaggy Bear,  and Squirt

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted Aug 20, 2008, 9:37 pm
gingermuggins
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to gingermuggins Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Ok, count me in.
My Toy Voyagers ~ Meleleuca ~ Pirate ~ Fifi Flowertot ~ Curio

RIP ~ Marcello

Visiting now  ~ Paula ~ Chester

Had the pleasure of hosting ~ Groovy ~ Snuggles ~ Bloem ~ Leo Lion ~ ducky-duck ~ Roberto  ~ Sunshine ~ Rex ~ Coop ~ Gus Giraf ~ Bon ~ Antonio ~ Twilight ~ Bon ~ Fuzzy Wuzzy ~ Trudi[tv] ~ [tv]Emil ~ Calixte ~ Bob the Bug ~ kattieMill

Posted Aug 20, 2008, 10:10 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

It's a great idea. Let's see, if I find something - I know I have to, because you count me in, of course.

Hugs, Petra

Posted Aug 21, 2008, 7:10 am
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I also want to join :D
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Aug 21, 2008, 7:20 am
Charda
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Netherlands

Send an email to Charda Visit Charda's web site View Charda's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Charda Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'd like to join as well :)
My Toy Voyagers: Sussy Greenfeet Tiah Tigris
Currently hosting: Count Ambrosius Amelie
Going to host: Sandi Rose KattieMill
Hosted in the past: Sylphide Mira Trafalgar Moony Ceryni Bellatrix Harvie Jadzia Tam Resi Hoppity Synapse Roots Bear HitchaRideDooey Henry the Adventure Hound Beatritsche

Posted Aug 23, 2008, 9:58 am
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to becka_kate Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm in. I was so disappointed not to be able to participate in the last random acts activity!
Have some ideas already...... ;)
"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off." -Helen Exley

Friend of: Kalli, C.K. (MIA in the US), Froddo, Candy CottonDottie Grace (Still travelling), Tamalyn (hiding out in Canada) Zahli, Barclay, Kellie Koala& Tilda

Friends in the Wild: Slinkee Snake, Ms Millie, Violet May, Elefunk, Shriek, Eureka Bear, Bonza Roo, Daisy Bear, Elouera, Alby, Thiele, Bree Bear, Fred A’bear, Kograh, Rosetta, Kismet, Huggles & Gretel,Previous host to:  Emma, Greedy,
Iago, Hugo, Kroko, Lollipop, Paula, Steve, Misko, Winnie the Pooh, Her Highness QueenElizabethI, Kari, Tippi, Taro, Seamus, PampleMoose, Berlin Bear, Mario, Mei, (Playmo)Bill, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon, HoppyVanderHare, JamaBanaDukLuv, Elisabeth & Cassiopeia(twice).

My flickr photo collections

Posted Aug 25, 2008, 7:15 am
gingermuggins
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to gingermuggins Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I have everything i am going to send  :D just need someone to send it too ;)
My Toy Voyagers ~ Meleleuca ~ Pirate ~ Fifi Flowertot ~ Curio

RIP ~ Marcello

Visiting now  ~ Paula ~ Chester

Had the pleasure of hosting ~ Groovy ~ Snuggles ~ Bloem ~ Leo Lion ~ ducky-duck ~ Roberto  ~ Sunshine ~ Rex ~ Coop ~ Gus Giraf ~ Bon ~ Antonio ~ Twilight ~ Bon ~ Fuzzy Wuzzy ~ Trudi[tv] ~ [tv]Emil ~ Calixte ~ Bob the Bug ~ kattieMill

Posted Aug 25, 2008, 7:45 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thank you to everyone for joining in - just two more days to sign up and then the list will close and the names sent out using my patent Randomizer (name of Neil).

Must go shopping....

Isobel :)
We live here.

Posted Aug 25, 2008, 8:27 am
Mistigree
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

France

Send a personal messsage to Mistigree Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Please count me in Isobel !! No idea of what I'm going to find for now, but I don't want to miss any RABCK !!

Posted Aug 25, 2008, 8:33 pm
Mood
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

France

Send a personal messsage to Mood Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi everyone!
I'm back on Toyvoyagers after some holidays ... Unfortunately, I missed the first random act, so I DON'T WANT to miss the next one!!!!!
Can you add my on your list ?
Thank you !!! ;o)

*Posted Aug 26, 2008, 4:02 pm
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Will we be getting our 'partners' soon? :) Feel the need to go SHOPPING....
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

My cute little ToyVoyagers are Bokkie, Khetiwe and little Ambrosius

I am currently hosting Pinky BearShaggy Bear,  and Squirt

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted Sep 1, 2008, 10:58 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Sorry everyone - I am so far behind with everything.

Will be getting the husband to draw your random names shortly. Be back in a little while with your random recipient.

Isobel
We live here.

Posted Sep 1, 2008, 5:50 pm
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

The new Date for buying and sending your items by will be 10th September (because of the delay in getting the names out to people. This will give everyone a couple more days to sort out their parcels.

Kind Regards
I&N

Posted Sep 1, 2008, 6:07 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Neil has sent everyone their Random Person's Name.

I have the following addresses:

*fam-united
*MrsC
*gingermuggins
*becka_Kate
*olgamaus
*buntraveler
*isobel (naturally!)

- please send me your address, Mood, Mistigree, AbbyB and Charda, and then I can get it sent onto your mystery gift-giver.

Will send out addresses as soon as I have them all - watch your PM Inbox!

Isobel
We live here.

Posted Sep 1, 2008, 6:23 pm
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I have the address of my partner, you don't need to send it to me.
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Sep 1, 2008, 7:23 pm
Mistigree
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

France

Send a personal messsage to Mistigree Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I got the name of my gift-receiver, but you forgot to give me the address... I've got one but I just would like to make sure... thank you !

Posted Sep 1, 2008, 8:20 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Question:

I have an object that is both rather shiny/metallic and representing one of my favourite sports. Can I do that instead of one of each, or can I do that and send six round things?
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Sep 2, 2008, 6:22 am
Charda
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Netherlands

Send an email to Charda Visit Charda's web site View Charda's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Charda Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I sent my surprise package today :)
My Toy Voyagers: Sussy Greenfeet Tiah Tigris
Currently hosting: Count Ambrosius Amelie
Going to host: Sandi Rose KattieMill
Hosted in the past: Sylphide Mira Trafalgar Moony Ceryni Bellatrix Harvie Jadzia Tam Resi Hoppity Synapse Roots Bear HitchaRideDooey Henry the Adventure Hound Beatritsche

Posted Sep 3, 2008, 5:25 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable