ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Improvements to the site » No email notification

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
No email notification
Yillup
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Group: Members

Australia

Visit Yillup's web site View Yillup's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Yillup Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Is it just me? I have been getting absolutely no email notifications for a few months now. Nothing when my TVs are updated, nothing when I receive a message. I must admit I am lazy and mostly used to check this site when something happened - I got a message or a TV I was watching was updated. But now I don't get those and it can be a week or 2 before I log in, and by then the people who sent me the messages are probably getting a bit annoyed.

I have the check box clicked for email notifications for both of these things. My email address listed in my settings is correct. Any idea why I might not be getting the emails?
My Toy Voyagers: Burrimul Memu, Victoria, Phillip Grammy

Visiting Now: Charity Bear, Mulalu, Mel, Alpina, Flutura

Visiting Soon: Dirkie, Charlie

Have already been to visit: gargouille, Kari, Benni

Available to host any TV who wants to come to Australia!

Posted Sep 29, 2008, 8:13 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Did you send a message to Neil? I think, that's the one, who possibly finds the answer for your problem.

Hugs, Petra

Posted Sep 29, 2008, 8:18 am
Marjolein
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send an email to Marjolein Visit Marjolein's web site View Marjolein's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Marjolein Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I've been having the same problems for some time now!!
My ToyVoyagers: Kasper, Casanova, Dieuwerke, Alizée, Koetje, Jelka
Wild tv's: Hero, Persefone, Laocoön, Bran, Maeldun, Scathach
Currently hosting: Mulalu, Momo, Mumble
I have hosted: LiLA Bear, Roots Bear (twice), Nick, Claire, TheOutsider, Finja, Pingu, Davy, Count, Ambrosius, Muumipeikko, Chompers, Gilbert, Sunnie, AliG, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Hinz + Kunz, Papelbon, Henry the Adventure Hound, Viktor, Jelle

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/marjoleinaneth/Banner.jpg

Posted Sep 29, 2008, 2:07 pm
Yillup
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Australia

Visit Yillup's web site View Yillup's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Yillup Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Makes me feel a little less insane!

I did change to the new layout around the time I started having troubles. I've just changed back to the classic so we'll see how I go now.

Posted Sep 29, 2008, 11:40 pm
Oksana
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Russian Federation

Send an email to Oksana Send an ICQ messsage to Oksana Send a personal messsage to Oksana Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I also have this problem since I've changed my mailbox. At first it was rather inconvenient, but now I'm used to check my messenger here several times a day, so it's OK :)

Posted Sep 30, 2008, 5:49 am
Admin
Admin

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

We seem to get this issue with hotmail from time to time - certain email servers seem to block our notification emails as though they are spam.

The last time this came up we changed the Messenger notifications so that they include the actual message, and it seemed to then allow them through their filtering system. Even hotmail accounts received the emails!

I think we may need to do something similar with the Travelog updates, so that it's not the same thing in each email. Then they should get through. Is anybody still receiving emails? Or is this a global problem?

Let me know what works and what doesn't. Don't write your actual email address in this forum, but please can say 'I went from yahoo to hotmail and it stopped working'. Or 'mine works fine for lycos'. It will help to narrow it down a bit.

Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing anybody

Posted Sep 30, 2008, 11:18 am
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

My works fine for gmail as I had updates. Although I don't have pm's sent to my email since I check all the time but it seems I have missed a few updates on a few of my toyvoyagers... but I did get notifications today...
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Sep 30, 2008, 11:22 am
Marjolein
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send an email to Marjolein Visit Marjolein's web site View Marjolein's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Marjolein Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I didn't change my email, I still have Hotmail, but the notifications just stopped coming one day. This was the same day my pm-outbox still marked some pm's as unread, while I knew they were read because I'd already gotten responses to them!

I don't know what caused this last problem but as for notifications, I had the same problem at Postcrossing, just out of the blue I stopped receiving notifications, so I went to Gmail for this. Maybe I could try changing the emailadress for ToyVoyagers to this Gmail-account also.
I have hosted: LiLA Bear, Roots Bear (twice), Nick, Claire, TheOutsider, Finja, Pingu, Davy, Count, Ambrosius, Muumipeikko, Chompers, Gilbert, Sunnie, AliG, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Hinz + Kunz, Papelbon, Henry the Adventure Hound, Viktor, Jelle

Posted Sep 30, 2008, 11:43 am
Yillup
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Australia

I guess my only option would be to change my email address in Toyvoyagers then? Because I have always used my Hotmail account and previously received emails regularly from the site. I have no idea why I suddenly stopped receiving them. I didn't change anything (other than going to the new format, which I have now changed back and that hasn't done anything).

Thanks for looking into it for me...

Posted Oct 4, 2008, 7:50 am
Eryah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

View Eryah's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Eryah Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I also have hotmail and the same 'problem'.
My Tv's on the road are: Hurley
Tv wich join random act 3: Josh
The others are @ home

I am hosting: -

I hosted: TheosheepChompers, Nelly, Marcello, Palmeke, Meleleuca, Snowy, Iggy-Korn, Lillebi, Bene, Willy Wau, Davy, Lumi, Margarida, Count, Ambrosius, Roberto, Summy, Nepomuk, Dottie Mouse, Clem, Strider, HitchaRideDooey, Roots bear, Mulalu, Muumipeikko, Henry the Adventure Hound, Bokkie, Amelie, *~Mr. Bubbles~*, Papelbon

I'm also host at the Dutch TV trail. If you want to send your toy on this trail please send me a pm.

Posted Oct 4, 2008, 11:50 am
Admin
Admin

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi all,

Anyone want to help with an experiment?

If you are using hotmail for your toyvoyagers email, can you try changing it to something else (such as gmail or yahoo?). Hotmail seem to block our notifications from time to time, it would be good to know if you still receive them at another address.

Let me know what happens,

Kind regards,

Neil

Posted Oct 6, 2008, 1:04 pm
Michele_one_L
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to Michele_one_L Send a message to Michele_one_L with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to Michele_one_L Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I sometimes get notifications but they are days and/or weeks after someone makes an update or sends me a PM. It's very rare that I get a notification on the day someone makes and update to one of my TV's.

I'm using a road runner email, not hotmail, etc.

Michele
My Toyvoyagers - Honey Bear, Piggy, KungFu Panda, Tuffy, Horton, Mister P Tom, Chompers, Ronnie N Hammie, Pimboli, Gilbert, Ollie_Marmot, Grape Ape, TagAlong Rocket, Fuzzy Wuzzy, Sunnie and Bullet.

Currently Hosting - Crocs, Jimmy D, Ceryni

Hosted - Nicki Bear (twice), Coop, Coco, JamaBanaDukLuv, Angus, Hazle, Wolletje, Winnie the Pooh, Little Billy, Dirkie, Fuzz Bear, Cliff, Pebbels, HitchaRideMo, Muumipeikko, Mausi, Bellatrix, Willy Wau, TheoSheepResi, Bene, Hinz + Kunz, Moley, Cool Jules, Jimbo Elephant, Sussy Greenfeet,Vicky Mouseham, Mister_Right, Fester

Posted Oct 6, 2008, 4:28 pm
Yillup
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Australia

I have now changed to my big pond email address (first time I've opened it in 2 months! Big pond had sent quite a few emails! LOL).

Can someone send me a message?

Posted Oct 7, 2008, 1:14 am
Yillup
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Australia

YAY! I got a notifiaction!

Now I have to remember to open my bigpond email each day! LOL

Posted Oct 8, 2008, 1:48 am
Marjolein
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

I got a notification for a new pm at my gmail :D

Posted Oct 10, 2008, 7:12 pm
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to becka_kate Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm getting them again now I've swapped over to my optusnet (ISP) address! YAY!
"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off." -Helen Exley

Friend of: Kalli, C.K. (MIA in the US), Froddo, Candy CottonDottie Grace (Still travelling), Tamalyn (hiding out in Canada) Zahli, Barclay, Kellie Koala& Tilda

Friends in the Wild: Slinkee Snake, Ms Millie, Violet May, Elefunk, Shriek, Eureka Bear, Bonza Roo, Daisy Bear, Elouera, Alby, Thiele, Bree Bear, Fred A’bear, Kograh, Rosetta, Kismet, Huggles & Gretel,Previous host to:  Emma, Greedy,
Iago, Hugo, Kroko, Lollipop, Paula, Steve, Misko, Winnie the Pooh, Her Highness QueenElizabethI, Kari, Tippi, Taro, Seamus, PampleMoose, Berlin Bear, Mario, Mei, (Playmo)Bill, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon, HoppyVanderHare, JamaBanaDukLuv, Elisabeth & Cassiopeia(twice).

My flickr photo collections

Posted Oct 11, 2008, 7:10 am
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable