ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Trading Post » Mystery Lottery(closed)

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Mystery Lottery(closed), Who is the winner?
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I have just noticed that I have 999 posts, which will make this my 1000TH!

Seen as though that is such a milestone I thought it would be nice to give back something to one or maybe two of you that have intrinsically become part of my life.

As this is such a spur of the moment occasion I have no idea what the prize is, hence it being a mystery lottery! It is also a mystery as to when it will end...

http://www.freebies4ya.com/images/prizes/MysteryGift.gif

So, how about you let me know of at least one thing you think should be in the prize and I'll see what I can do about it? (I am not promising anything – ha ha ha….)

Ready? Steady...Go!
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

My cute little ToyVoyagers are Bokkie, Khetiwe and little Ambrosius

I am currently hosting Pinky BearShaggy Bear,  and Squirt

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

*Posted Oct 1, 2008, 9:11 pm
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

How about a typical South African animal as a tiny stuffed toy or a magnet or a postcard or sticker or something?

Or something artsy that you have made?
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Oct 1, 2008, 9:31 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Where have I seen this 1000th post lottery before... :p

Is there a possibility of a postcard? Those tend to come with every lottery win, right?
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Oct 2, 2008, 3:26 am
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Not sure, trying to go different from what others have said, maybe a South African magnet or keychain or something? :-)

Congrats on the 1,000th post!
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Oct 2, 2008, 3:45 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Congrats on the 1,000th post, MrsC!

Emmh, the first "thing" that came to my mind, was a little brother or sister of Bokkie.
But no, maybe a South African pin?

Hugs, Petra

Posted Oct 2, 2008, 7:15 am
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit BlackCat's web site Send a personal messsage to BlackCat Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Congrats on the 1000th post, MrsC :)!

What about a souvenir from South Africa or maybe a little toy from there?! :)

Greets,
Fabi
If you want to be hosted - just let me know.

Sadly my dear Wauzi moved to his dad...so now I have sweet little Jonathan to stay with me all the time. He is a stay-at-home Voyager.

If you want me to host your toy, please read this:
http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=1617 *no spaces available in 2015*

Posted Oct 2, 2008, 9:50 am
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Oh yes, a relative of Bokkie would be great :D

Or stickers, a pen, a magnet ....

Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Oct 2, 2008, 12:10 pm
tea_rose
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to tea_rose Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Congratulations on your 1000th post, MrsC! Wow :)

What a lovely idea! I vote for chocolate, stickers and a postcard ;)
Currently hosting: Her Majesty QueenElizabethI and Fritzi

Posted Oct 3, 2008, 10:59 am
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

AbbyB said:
Where have I seen this 1000th post lottery before... :p

Is there a possibility of a postcard?  Those tend to come with every lottery win, right?

:p :p :p it just took me a bit longer to reach the thousand though we were at the same number at one stage miss Jaberwocky... ;)

YES, a postcard will definitely be included, I know you are all fellow postcrossers!

I am liking all of the ideas so far, but tea rose, chocolate is one of those things that if I buy it, it mysteriously dissapears, never to see the light of day!

ALSO: I have decided that the winner will be a mystery too... so please PM your name and address if you think I don't have it... and when the prize arrives you can let everyone know what you won by posting here.
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted Oct 3, 2008, 1:24 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

You are just fantastic, Fi. You always have such special ideas, thank you.

Posted Oct 3, 2008, 1:31 pm
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

This lottery is now closed!

I will post a prize... or maybe prizes to the winner...or maybe winners...who knows? ;)

Remeber to post what you won, here.

Posted Oct 8, 2008, 3:03 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Oh, MrsC, you are quite sneaky.
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Oct 9, 2008, 11:34 pm
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I received a letter from South Africa today with a Bockie-Sticker on it :D

I am the winner of the mystery lottery!!!

I am sooooo exited. I received a beautiful postcard showing several sorts of antilopes includig springboks like Bokkie.

The card came together with a beautiful bookmark made of wire and beads,  showing a metal version of a giraffe.
Have a look:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/2951671925_e203dfcf43.jpg?v=1224363090

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3054/2951672135_2fd95cd459.jpg?v=0

MrcC, thank you very much. I really love this present.

One day I also will start such a lottery. It's such a great feeling to receive such a lottery prize that someone else also should be able to receive mail with a great present.

Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Oct 18, 2008, 9:51 pm
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

This morning didn't turn out that great but when I came home from Bathurst my husband brought this in from the mail box. When I saw it I literally bounced around a bit! I love getting mail, but this kind of mail was even better... here it is:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/saragoescrazy3/lotsofvoyagers/lottery_win.jpg

A beautiful city view of Johannesburg and a beautiful bookmark with wire and beads in the shape of a flower. Seriously the photo doesn't do it justice! I love it! Thank you so much MrsC! <3333
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Oct 20, 2008, 7:34 am
tea_rose
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to tea_rose Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I was quite puzzled to receive a letter from South Africa... but then I noticed a familiar face on the envelope!

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/tea_rose_TV/Picture006.jpg

It's Bokkie!

I excitedly ripped open my envelope to find

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/tea_rose_TV/Picture007.jpg

this lovely postcard... with a note explaining the lack of chocolate enclosed

and

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/tea_rose_TV/Picture008.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/tea_rose_TV/Picture009.jpg

a 2009 South African calendar!  It's perfect for my desk.  I love the ostriches!

Thank you so much, MrsC!  You really made my day :D

Currently hosting: Her Majesty QueenElizabethI and Fritzi

Posted Oct 21, 2008, 5:11 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Thank you MrsC for the lovely surprise letter. You also made my day. I still have to take photos of my present, but I can tell you, that I just love the little book and the postcard.

Hugs, Petra

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3066/2992145158_03a828656d.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3226/2992148082_85edb62a2b.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3021/2991299423_0354a97a37.jpg?v=1225552082

Posted Oct 21, 2008, 5:20 pm Last edited Nov 1, 2008, 3:03 pm by fam-united
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I got something, too! Thank you so much! I was completely puzzled because I ony grabbed the envelope from my postbox and then had to run for the bus. So I didn't notice the stamps from South Africa and the sticker showing Bokkie until much later. I was so surprised! Thanks a lot!
I also got a postcard of Johannesburg and a MiniScenic calendar, btw.
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Oct 21, 2008, 6:19 pm
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit BlackCat's web site Send a personal messsage to BlackCat Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I got something, too. Oh my god. I was so excited :)! Thanks a lot for this wonderful present! I really love it!

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii123/oceania87/others/211008_10.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii123/oceania87/others/211008_11.jpg

bad photos, I know :(! I am sorry ;)!
If you want to be hosted - just let me know.

Sadly my dear Wauzi moved to his dad...so now I have sweet little Jonathan to stay with me all the time. He is a stay-at-home Voyager.

If you want me to host your toy, please read this:
http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=1617 *no spaces available in 2015*

Posted Oct 21, 2008, 7:27 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Mine came in the mail today! Good timing, MrsC! Thanks for the keychain, postcard, South Africa book and bookmark, as well as the birthday card!

Posted Oct 28, 2008, 1:28 am
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

What? You ALL won a prize? Scandalous..... ;)

Posted Oct 28, 2008, 6:23 am
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable