ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Off-Topic » brands in your country :p

Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
brands in your country :p
marquis86
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Group: Members

United Kingdom

Send an email to marquis86 Send a personal messsage to marquis86 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

can you think of the big brands that instantly come to mind when you think about the country you live in? like coffee shops, fashion stores, gas companies etc. also, any companies that you know are big in other countries? and of course, can you please tell me what you think of :)

this is for a college project by the way and i thought here would be a good place to ask since we're from all over the place! :) thank you for any help in advance! :)
jay.xxx

*Posted Oct 7, 2008, 3:31 pm
Marjolein
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send an email to Marjolein Visit Marjolein's web site View Marjolein's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Marjolein Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi! Uhm when I think of big brands from the Netherlands just now I think of Vroom & Dreesman, Shell, Unilever, Philips, C&A, Heineken, ING Bank, Ahold, Campina, Hema, C1000, KLM, Daf, Mexx and Rabobank. Hope that helps, good luck! :)
My ToyVoyagers: Kasper, Casanova, Dieuwerke, Alizée, Koetje, Jelka
Wild tv's: Hero, Persefone, Laocoön, Bran, Maeldun, Scathach
Currently hosting: Mulalu, Momo, Mumble
I have hosted: LiLA Bear, Roots Bear (twice), Nick, Claire, TheOutsider, Finja, Pingu, Davy, Count, Ambrosius, Muumipeikko, Chompers, Gilbert, Sunnie, AliG, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Hinz + Kunz, Papelbon, Henry the Adventure Hound, Viktor, Jelle

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/marjoleinaneth/Banner.jpg

Posted Oct 7, 2008, 5:33 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

When I think of Canada I think of Tim Hortons (fast food, mainly coffee and doughnuts), Rona (hardware store) and Petro Canada (gas stations).
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Oct 8, 2008, 6:15 am
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Okay, in Australia:

Bunnings (hardware store)
Big W (like Wal*Mart kinda lol)
Woolworths (grocery shop)
Coles (grocery shop)
Red Rooster (fast food)
Gloria Jeans (coffee shop)
Holden (car)
Rositas (taco stuff)
Dick Smith Foods
Dick Smith Electronics (electronic store)
Massel (stock cubes)
Uncle Tobys (breakfast foods)
Sanitarium (food)
Harvey Norman (department store)

Oh, and here are some banks:
Westpac, ANZ, Commonwealth Bank, St George, NAB (national australia bank)

Oh here are some other ones:
Vodafone, Telstra, Optus, P&N Beverages, Vegemite (although owned by Kraft lol)

...that's all I can think of right now, but I'll keep thinking...
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Oct 8, 2008, 6:48 am Last edited Oct 12, 2008, 7:05 am by sararingham
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

In Germany what comes to mind are the car brands like Mercedes, BMW, VW (including Audi), Porsche...

Then things like Bayer, Henkel, Adidas, Siemens, Bosch, Allianz, Deutsche Bank, TUI, Bertelsmann, EON, Steiff (I love many of their teddies and other stuffed animals!), Deichmann (a chain for good but not too expensive shoes)

Müller, Karstadt/Quelle, Globus, Strauss, Mediamarkt, Saturn etc are big chains, I have no idea which countries they originate from

From other countries:
For clothes H&M is really popular here,
Starbucks is expensive but in some cities there are lots of those coffee shops,
Esprit and Mexx are kinda nice,
I don't want to think about gas stations it's too depressing Star and Jet are usually a bit cheaper than Shell, Esso or Aral, but 'free' gas stations that don't belong to any chain are even better
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Oct 10, 2008, 5:47 pm
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to becka_kate Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Sara's listed a lot of Aussie brands already.
Did you say Myer (upscale department store) and Dymocks (bookstore) as well? I can't remember.

For overseas brands...
Starbucks (although they're disappearing)
Levi Strauss
Tiffany's
Virgin
Mac Donalds / Subway / KFC / Burger King
Krispy Kremes (wish we had Tim Hortons instead!!! - Thanks for the flashback Abby!)
"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off." -Helen Exley

Friend of: Kalli, C.K. (MIA in the US), Froddo, Candy CottonDottie Grace (Still travelling), Tamalyn (hiding out in Canada) Zahli, Barclay, Kellie Koala& Tilda

Friends in the Wild: Slinkee Snake, Ms Millie, Violet May, Elefunk, Shriek, Eureka Bear, Bonza Roo, Daisy Bear, Elouera, Alby, Thiele, Bree Bear, Fred A’bear, Kograh, Rosetta, Kismet, Huggles & Gretel,Previous host to:  Emma, Greedy,
Iago, Hugo, Kroko, Lollipop, Paula, Steve, Misko, Winnie the Pooh, Her Highness QueenElizabethI, Kari, Tippi, Taro, Seamus, PampleMoose, Berlin Bear, Mario, Mei, (Playmo)Bill, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon, HoppyVanderHare, JamaBanaDukLuv, Elisabeth & Cassiopeia(twice).

My flickr photo collections

Posted Oct 12, 2008, 6:45 am
aliah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send an email to aliah Visit aliah's web site Send a personal messsage to aliah Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Petronas, Malaysia Airlines, Air Asia

Posted Oct 16, 2008, 12:54 am
marquis86
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send an email to marquis86 Send a personal messsage to marquis86 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

thanks guys :p
jay.xxx

*Posted Oct 19, 2008, 5:08 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

becka_kate said:
Krispy Kremes (wish we had Tim Hortons instead!!! - Thanks for the flashback Abby!)

Haha, no problem.  I (sort of) took Greedy there (couldn't take pictures there because I had t make my way to the bus).  Argh, you make me want coffee and doughnuts now, and there is no Timmy's on campus (though possibly come January... ;))
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Oct 20, 2008, 6:36 pm
marquis86
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United Kingdom

any more are still very welcome! :) thank you again
jay.xxx

Posted Nov 13, 2008, 5:14 pm
Blurchen
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Austria

Send a personal messsage to Blurchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

mmh... I guess there´re just two really known brands of Austria

- Manner and
- Red Bull (and that´s definitly more popular than Manner ; )

a friend of mine found some dishes of "Gmunder Keramik" in Tokyo.. but.. that doesn´t means that they´re really popular out there.
Everything´s a fairytale.

My ToyVoyagers: Fridolin , Paula, Cassandra , Odette , Beatritsche

Currently Hosting:

Hosted: Nami Geneveva , Pooh! , Fritzi

Posted Nov 13, 2008, 6:22 pm
kiskis
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Japan

Send a personal messsage to kiskis Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

There are some brands in Japan.....

Electronics; Sony, Nintendo, Panasonic, Toshiba
Car; Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Suzuki, Subaru
Other stuff; Uniqlo(clothing), Muji(they sell so many stuff:p)

I can't think of anything other than them at tha moment.
I think there are more, though....
My TVs+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Chiro * Mr.Lemony * Piyo
If you areinterested in hosting them, please PM me!
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

I'm sorry but I can't host any TV until the late May.
I'm very busy with my wedding and honeymoon coming along!

Posted Nov 15, 2008, 11:30 am
magicwoman
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send a personal messsage to magicwoman Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Marjolein said:
Hi! Uhm when I think of big brands from the Netherlands just now I think of Vroom & Dreesman, Shell, Unilever, Philips, C&A, Heineken, ING Bank, Ahold, Campina, Hema, C1000, KLM, Daf, Mexx and Rabobank. Hope that helps, good luck! :)

hehe you forgot The Bijenkorf  :p
My TV's are
Cliff,
Angus
Malcolm51
Bon
Phil
Dio
ZoSo
Lemmy
Page
Ozzy

I'm gonna host:
,Charlie-danger,Victoria,theodor,,Fuzzy Wuzzy,Lemony,Aoi,mausi,woodstock,,Shirley sheep,Jadzia tam

Im hosting: nothing at the moment

I have hosted:Meleleuca,Pebbels,fluffy,Emil.Just_Married,Bokkie,Palmeke,Bene.Iggy-Korn,Clem,ambrosius,trafalgar,Henry the Adventure Hound ,count

Posted Dec 13, 2008, 4:08 pm
Eohippus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Send an email to Eohippus Send a personal messsage to Eohippus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Nokia.. :rolleyes:
Angry birds ;)
http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/personal/pooh_go.gif  http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/mother_goose/MG_08.gif

Posted Sep 5, 2011, 10:22 pm
rabbits
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to rabbits Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Esprit
Dusk is staying with LadyButterfly.
Lotus is staying with Birdie87.
Kit-Kat is staying with Coraline.
Katie Pillar is staying with Clemy.
Lizzy Lizard is staying with Miapearl.
Viper is staying with Cheshire.

Please PM me if you are interested in hosting any of my ToyVoyagers. :)

Posted Oct 29, 2011, 2:41 pm
LittleBear Lightfoot
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United States

Send an email to LittleBear Lightfoot Send a personal messsage to LittleBear Lightfoot Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

starbucks
microsoft
walmart
mcdonalds
Usdi Yona
~Little Bear
Check out the Hotel Trail! http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=4814 for more info

My voyagers-Bruce lee & Pops
Visited & went home-Nolan

Posted Nov 13, 2011, 12:00 am
Kaylie
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Kaylie Send a personal messsage to Kaylie Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Leibnitz (Cookies), Bahlsen (Cookies), Melitta (Coffee), Haribo (sweets), Bauknecht (washingmachines and that kind of stuff), aldi, lidl
Travelplan:

1. Berlin @ MA_17 till december
2. England @ Gizalba 15 th december - 15th january
3. America @ BunTraveler mid. january - mid february
4. America @ klubwerks mid. feb -
5. Australia @ sararingham
6. China @ vivyanhui

Posted Nov 13, 2011, 1:28 am
rabbits
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to rabbits Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Bosch

Posted Nov 13, 2011, 9:50 am
Dr.Kröbner
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Dr.Kröbner Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

SMA (Solar)

Posted Nov 16, 2011, 8:56 am
rabbits
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Chiquita (banana)

Posted Nov 16, 2011, 5:07 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable