ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Off-Topic » Extreme TVs - Teddies in spac...

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Extreme TVs - Teddies in space! (Well, not quite)
DarkTrottel
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Group: Members

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to DarkTrottel Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I saw an article on the internet today describing some English teddy bears' two hour period in Earth's stratosphere thanks to a helium balloon, as part of an engineering project by school children from Cambridge.

Full article with great picture here!

It certainly made me smile.  :D

Which now raises an interesting issue - the possibility of having Toy Voyagers spend some time in space! If anybody happens to have an astonaut relative with time available to look after a TV I'm sure they'd be in great demand, although they would probably have a little too much of their own work to do.
But you never know... B)
Darth Vader's Earth mission
Or come and join the travelling jokebook!

Posted Dec 9, 2008, 3:45 pm
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

You know... I think a few months ago I saw that some astronauts brought up a Buzz Lightyear toy with them into space... hehe... :-)
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Dec 9, 2008, 3:55 pm
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Visit Delenna's web site Send a personal messsage to Delenna Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

:o WOW :o

My Gary Boldie would love to see that! Or maybe not as he's a retired teddy-naut... But I'd love to do that!
Yes! I'm officially a Freak! :D

http://www.postpals.co.uk/banners/static-mdtday.jpg

Posted Dec 14, 2008, 5:54 am
rabbits
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to rabbits Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Cool!
Dusk is staying with LadyButterfly.
Lotus is staying with Birdie87.
Kit-Kat is staying with Coraline.
Katie Pillar is staying with Clemy.
Lizzy Lizard is staying with Miapearl.
Viper is staying with Cheshire.

Please PM me if you are interested in hosting any of my ToyVoyagers. :)

Posted Oct 29, 2011, 6:41 pm
Tomi
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Tomi Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

That's amazing :D I would be crazy if my Teddy went to space :D The Picture from the two bears infront of the earth in 30km is the best one :D
Inactive because of school!

My ToyVoyagers:
Tomi the Bear is at home
Froggy the Frog  got lost on the way from Katara back to me
Thomas the Bear is at home
Timmy the Bear is at home
Frank the Bear is at home
Tim the Bear is at home
Penny the Cat is at home
Tommy the Bear is at home

Posted Nov 6, 2011, 5:21 pm
LittleBear Lightfoot
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United States

Send an email to LittleBear Lightfoot Send a personal messsage to LittleBear Lightfoot Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

cool!
Usdi Yona
~Little Bear
Check out the Hotel Trail! http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=4814 for more info

My voyagers-Bruce lee & Pops
Visited & went home-Nolan

*Posted Nov 11, 2011, 8:13 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable