ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » RRs, Travelling Notebooks, and other Projects » A classroom round robin

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
A classroom round robin, - looking for 3-4 grade 2-3 classes
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Australia

Send a personal messsage to becka_kate Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi everyone
The new school year starts here in a week's time and I'm thinking about using a ToyVoyager as a part of my classroom program to teach ICT and a different way of using writing. This year I'll be teaching Year 2 (ages 7-8) and some of these kids will have been in my room before when they were in Kinder, so know all about ToyVoyagers of course!  (see Elisabeth, JamaBanaDukLuv)They were always really excited to have a new TV come to our classroom and I think that they'd really enjoy having their own ToyVoyager to follow and get alot out of playing host to their own visitors.

http://www.toyvoyagers.com/index.php?a=topic&s=attach&id=2164
Cassiopeia visited in May 2007 - photo taken by students (that's my back in the pic!), names removed from group charts on window for safety...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1198/1006710676_e4e7327255.jpg?v=0
Hoppy helped with teaching Multiplication. (August 2007)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1436/1335075218_b68be632d0.jpg?v=0
Boone & Beak went on an Excursion to the farm with us (Sept 2007)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1280/1257126999_4fb234c752.jpg?v=
and Twinette Kani played in our playground

What I'm hoping to do is find 3 or 4 other classrooms with students of a similar age who might be interested in hosting our toy (probably a koala) and showing what happens in their classrooms / what they are learning about.

Of course, there will be guidelines for student safety for all to follow - most importantly, not publishing the school names / locations, students names or contact details, photos of the students and ensuring that all activities published about that toy are appropriate to the students age i.e. G rated!

So, if anyone else on here happens to work in a similar situation or knows someone who might be willing to participate, could you please let me know through a PM. Ideally, I'd like to get started in late February / early March.
"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off." -Helen Exley

Friend of: Kalli, C.K. (MIA in the US), Froddo, Candy CottonDottie Grace (Still travelling), Tamalyn (hiding out in Canada) Zahli, Barclay, Kellie Koala& Tilda

Friends in the Wild: Slinkee Snake, Ms Millie, Violet May, Elefunk, Shriek, Eureka Bear, Bonza Roo, Daisy Bear, Elouera, Alby, Thiele, Bree Bear, Fred A’bear, Kograh, Rosetta, Kismet, Huggles & Gretel,Previous host to:  Emma, Greedy,
Iago, Hugo, Kroko, Lollipop, Paula, Steve, Misko, Winnie the Pooh, Her Highness QueenElizabethI, Kari, Tippi, Taro, Seamus, PampleMoose, Berlin Bear, Mario, Mei, (Playmo)Bill, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon, HoppyVanderHare, JamaBanaDukLuv, Elisabeth & Cassiopeia(twice).

My flickr photo collections

Posted Jan 18, 2009, 6:44 am Last edited Jan 18, 2009, 6:53 am by becka_kate
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I would love to participate, but I have no class that fits right now.

Posted Jan 20, 2009, 5:32 pm
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to becka_kate Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks for the offer Petra!

Fingers crossed we may have a classroom in South Africa to work with!! :D
"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off." -Helen Exley

Friend of: Kalli, C.K. (MIA in the US), Froddo, Candy CottonDottie Grace (Still travelling), Tamalyn (hiding out in Canada) Zahli, Barclay, Kellie Koala& Tilda

Friends in the Wild: Slinkee Snake, Ms Millie, Violet May, Elefunk, Shriek, Eureka Bear, Bonza Roo, Daisy Bear, Elouera, Alby, Thiele, Bree Bear, Fred A’bear, Kograh, Rosetta, Kismet, Huggles & Gretel,Previous host to:  Emma, Greedy,
Iago, Hugo, Kroko, Lollipop, Paula, Steve, Misko, Winnie the Pooh, Her Highness QueenElizabethI, Kari, Tippi, Taro, Seamus, PampleMoose, Berlin Bear, Mario, Mei, (Playmo)Bill, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon, HoppyVanderHare, JamaBanaDukLuv, Elisabeth & Cassiopeia(twice).

My flickr photo collections

Posted Jan 21, 2009, 5:16 am
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable