ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Improvements to the site » New pictures on the main page

Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
New pictures on the main page, Last pics uploaded
aleoliva86
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Group: Members

Brazil

Send an email to aleoliva86 View aleoliva86's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to aleoliva86 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I think the 6 pictures on the top, instead of the same pictures everytime, should be always changed. For instance, this could happen once a day with a random "mix" of the uploaded pictures of the day, always with different toys of course. That would be great, I would love to have a sum of what other toys are doing without having to click on each of them.
Besides giving all the toys the same chances of having more clicks, it would encourage people to take more interesting pictures !
:p

Posted Feb 19, 2009, 5:33 pm
Luv_Lioness
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to Luv_Lioness Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I agree. Maybe put the past Voyagers of the Week on the top?
*~* Not hosting anymore due to health reasons, until further notice. ~*~

Lewis should be back home in FL.

Pinkz is back home.
Majik is in also home. :)
Both are taking a break from traveling... until further notice.

Kabluuey is in Italy, MIA.

Luv Leon is retired right now from traveling.

Posted Feb 19, 2009, 8:25 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

That would be nice, or at least changing them, anyway. Those same ones have been up for months.
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 4:33 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

We had been talking about this some time ago already and I'm sure, Neil will be working on it as soon as possible. Taking care for this website is one of his hobbies, but right now he can't do as much improvements to the site as he wants to. Please be sure, that he will work on this like this as soon as he has time for it.
I'm not sure, if I found the right words right now. I just want to inform you and not to sound rude or anything.

Best wishes
Petra

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 7:13 am
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

There are often problems with "random pictures". In the rat keeper's community they stopped them because it was causing too many problems. The system often broke down just because of this function.

Maybe it will be possible to change them every month.
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 7:25 am
Admin
Admin

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi all,

Yes, it's a good idea, and it is already high up on the list of things to do.  Currently the banner pictures have to be changed manually - we used to change them once a month but recently, as Petra says, we haven't had the time available to sort it out.

Anyway, we are coming up to a period where we will hopefully be able to press on with the site development again.  We are aiming to have a stock of banner pictures and the banner and frontpage 'postcard' will change pictures automatically, probably showing different ones each day.  We would also have one page where you can see all of the banner pictures at once and get to the travelogs from there. 

You can help!

We could do with some help to build up a stock of suitable banner pictures.  So if you happen to see a good picture while browsing a travelog, why not save it to your pc and then upload it to this forum thread (remember to say which ToyVoyager it is).  The banner pictures are 127 x 95 pixels - so you need to make sure that the pictures you recommend will still look clear when they have been shrunk to "banner" size.

Looking forward to seeing your suggestions!

Neil

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 8:06 am Last edited Feb 20, 2009, 8:08 am by Admin
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I tried to upload a photo of my TV Nepomuk, but I'll better try again when I am at home in the afternoon.

It's  this one (original size), I will resize it later.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t56/Penvmbra/ToyVoyagers/Fridolin/02/DSCF2713.jpg

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 8:54 am Last edited Feb 20, 2009, 8:58 am by olgamaus
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks olgamaus.

I forgot to mention - please can you also let us know the location and country where the photo was taken.

We will then be able to include these details as a description when you put the cursor over a banner picture.

Thanks!

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 9:43 am
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

I suggest that only "new" photos should be shown, those wich were taken withinin a period of about four or six weeks before.

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 10:04 am
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I don't know if any of these would work but I thought these were always good shots from my last trip to Washington...

The first one is Benni in front of Mount Baker at the top of Mount Constitution (the highest point in the San Juan Islands...
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh140/toyvoyager_photo/P1030635.jpg

Benni in Wenatchee, Washington (in front of a frozen lake in the mountains)
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh140/toyvoyager_photo/P1030433.jpg

Benni at Leavenworth, Washington (a bavarian German town in the mountains)
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh140/toyvoyager_photo/P1030473.jpg

...and Cronus in front of Snoqualmie Falls, Snoqualmie, Washington
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh140/toyvoyager_photo/P1030389.jpg

I don't know if you'd want to use any of those but I thought I'd throw those out as just ideas for now... I'll keep a watch out for anything else in the mean time...
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 10:37 am
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Thanks both!

Just to follow on from Olga's suggestion, it's important to get recent photos as they show what's currently going on. But we'd also be happy to feature any suitable shots that been taken within, say, the last year, to help us to build up an archive.

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 11:34 am Last edited Feb 20, 2009, 11:50 am by Admin
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Okay those I guess were a bit around the year old side... and I don't want to necessarily use one of my toyvoyagers but I have photos like these with Resi and Argoyle as well but Toothy Walrus's blog was already open... here are some taken in January...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/saragoescrazy3/sydney14109/toothy_harborbridge.jpg
Toothy in front of the famous Sydney Harbor Bridge

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/saragoescrazy3/sydney14109/toothy_operahouse.jpg
Toothy in front of the Sydney Opera House

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/saragoescrazy3/sydney14109/toothy_manlybeach.jpg
Toothy at Manly Beach (one of the two major famous Sydney beaches)
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 11:57 am
aleoliva86
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Brazil

Send an email to aleoliva86 View aleoliva86's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to aleoliva86 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi!

ok, ive just shrunk a pic to the 126x95 size.
I dont know if the toy looks lear enough...
It is a very famous museum here!

Attached file: DSC03478bb.JPG (224 downloads)
DSC03478bb.JPG

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 1:57 pm
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

I searched through some recent travelogs and found really  beautiful pictures.

Kami in Singapore

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3557/3295342158_86c708038a.jpg?v=0

Galo in Bruchsal, Germany

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3502/3294517667_00edc86960.jpg?v=0

Yuki in Chiba, Japan

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3373/3294517651_b2fbc5969c.jpg?v=0

Finja, Gold Coast in Australia

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3463/3294517581_1f85e90a31.jpg?v=0

Nepomuk, Cardiff Castle, UK

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3303/3295342050_d3364619a6.jpg?v=0

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 2:29 pm
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Thanks! They are great.
One more thing I forgot to mention - the banner pics must be landscape ;)

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 2:47 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'll be sure to contribute later when I'm at home on my laptop. I have a couple pictures in mind.
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Feb 20, 2009, 5:43 pm
babyamy
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to babyamy Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp226/kawie88/103_4148klein.jpg

This is Eddy Bear in Santa Barbara, CA, USA
~I have moved, please contact me for my new address~

My TVs:
Kamie is lost in the USA
Wieka is in Brasil
Etwas is lost on the way to Argentina
Dusel is in Norway
Zipfelchen is lost on the way to Canada

My wild Ones: Swap, Swep, Swip, Swop, dideldum, dideldei, Lane, Lene and Line, Mr Cache and Hoernchen

Posted Feb 21, 2009, 2:51 am Last edited Feb 21, 2009, 2:51 am by babyamy
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Right, I have put together something that will allow us to update the banner pictures much more frequently (we will probably do this daily).

I may tweak it so that it selects newer pictures, rather than across the whole archive. This will mean that users coming to the site and clicking on the banner pics will see more up to date travelogs.

Just so you know, I haven't put any of your suggestions into the archive yet, but I will be doing this over the next few days, so please watch this space :)

Kind regards,

Neil

Posted Feb 24, 2009, 10:06 pm
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I just wanted to say that I really like this. I'm happy to go to the 'home' page and the forum page just to look what's up now and the pics also seem to change position within the 'postcard'. Thank you, Neil!
I will look for pictures when I have some free time.
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Feb 27, 2009, 6:06 pm
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Here are a few that immediately came to mind:

olgamaus took great pictures of Thiele:
in Remscheid, Wuppertal and under the Muengsten bridge
and of SaruMaru at New Years

Maybe this is too old, it's Nami Geneveva last summer on Mahe, Seychelles

sararingham had Emil hang out in Orange, NSW

Attached file: Thiele in snowy Remscheid.jpg (164 downloads)
Thiele in snowy Remscheid.jpg

Attached file: Thiele at Wuppertal concert hall GER.jpg (170 downloads)
Thiele at Wuppertal concert hall GER.jpg

Attached file: Thiele under muengsten bridge GER.jpg (181 downloads)
Thiele under muengsten bridge GER.jpg

Attached file: SaruMaru greeting the new year in Ger.jpg (183 downloads)
SaruMaru greeting the new year in Ger.jpg

Attached file: Nami Au Cap.jpg (181 downloads)
Nami Au Cap.jpg

Attached file: Emil hanging out in Orange NSW.jpg (157 downloads)
Emil hanging out in Orange NSW.jpg
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Feb 27, 2009, 7:06 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable