ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » ToyVoyagers Cafe » I'm sorry I've been a bit slow

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
I'm sorry I've been a bit slow
JaymeC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

United States

Send an email to JaymeC Visit JaymeC's web site Send an AIM message to JaymeC Send a personal messsage to JaymeC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I promise I'm not trying to steal anyone's toy or be a bad host, but please bear with me in the next week or two if I'm a little slow to update or reply to messages.

I very, very stupidly attempt to keep up with my husband in everything that he does despite the fact that HE actually has forced physical exercise 5 days/week and is in much better shape. So for a fun date we decided to go ziplining (c'mon, tell me you wouldn't! It really was fun...) and on the last zip I got going pretty fast and landed completely wrong. D'oh.

The doc says I'm just fine, but my back feels like its been in a car accident (actually feels much worse than the only time I WAS in a car accident and hit a deer) so I'm trying to take it easy. On top of that its been either raining or so hot that we can't go to the playground without getting soaked or burnt on the slides so I can't even get those silly little updates done. Housework is out for me right now so I'm trying to avoid any photos of my home :) My husband is a lovely man, but not a cleaner ;)

So bear with me, I may be quiet for a week or two until I feel like I can get up in teh morning without instantly needing a heat pack and some medicine. If you want me to send your toy on I understand and can do, but since I've been getting much better and I'm hoping we can go do something fun this weekend and maybe even catch up on the housework :)
Please don't mail to my old Japan address! We are in the states now! Ask me for my new one :)

Posted Jun 3, 2009, 11:08 am
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

What does that mean - ziplining?
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Jun 3, 2009, 1:31 pm
vickyp
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Greece

Send a personal messsage to vickyp Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

first time I hear that also!!! I've googled it and here is what I found!

zip-line

all I have to say is WOW !!!!

I hope you are feeling better already! Best wishes JaymeC
My ToyVoyagers: Bebanda Atta Mortimer_ Iggy_ Sunna

Currently hosting: Ladomar SaruMaru Willy W. Squirt Lupus-Tigger

ToyVoyagers hosted: Bella Skippy Kangaroo Kunigunde SunnyHH Etwas NiliHH

*Posted Jun 3, 2009, 2:25 pm
JaymeC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to JaymeC Visit JaymeC's web site Send an AIM message to JaymeC Send a personal messsage to JaymeC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Vicky has it right. Here's a couple pictures of the one we went to. It had an obstacle course as well as a zipline
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc213/jlc4msc/IMG_8413.jpg
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc213/jlc4msc/IMG_8396.jpg

It really was a lot of fun. If anyone is wondering why the tvs didn't get to come along, do you see that big ole forest in the bottom there? If anything falls off your person, that's where it goes and it doesn't come back! My camera I could attach to myself pretty easily, but I didn't think there was anyway that BineHH or Kari wouldn't fall out of my pockets!

Complaining to you all must've been a cure though, this morning was the first time I woke up more stiff than sore. I'm going to go do some stretches and see if I can't get back to my normal self today :)
Please don't mail to my old Japan address! We are in the states now! Ask me for my new one :)

Posted Jun 3, 2009, 10:20 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Wow, that's really cool. By the way: I never thought, that you would disappear. I hope, you feel much better now. Get well first and don't worry about Kari. He has to be patient and I'm sure, he will be.

Hugs, Petra

Posted Jun 4, 2009, 6:54 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I love ziplining. Hope you're feeling well soon!
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Jun 4, 2009, 6:59 am
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Oh, that's looking great.
We have such a thing, called "Seilgarten" (rope garden) in our neighbour city, but it is involved in a lawsuit with the local administrative authority because of some safety regulations (like it is often in Germany). I think it is closed at the moment.
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Jun 4, 2009, 7:31 am
JaymeC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

There's a lot out here that they would never allow in the states. For the most there were no attendants at that zipline, they taught you the safety side and released you. That would be impossible in the US. Similarly, the dam I just visited with the tvs in the last update wouldn't exist, it would be deemed too dangerous. Its a shame really in some ways.

Posted Jun 5, 2009, 1:55 am
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable