ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Dazed and Confused? » adopt a ToyVoyager

Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
adopt a ToyVoyager, with inactive Mum
RikeH
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Germany

Send an email to RikeH Visit RikeH's web site Send a personal messsage to RikeH Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hello,

little Murph is with me for 5 months now - his Mum is inactive for around 4 months.

Murph is like a family member for me now, but I would it, if he could see more of the world with other hosts.

Maybe I could 'adopt' him and search for new hosts ??? Of course his Mum could do it again, if she will come back here some day!

What do you think about adopting TVs with inactive Mums and Dads? I am sure, that there are more like me out in the TV-World!

Greetings
RikeH
My ToyVoyagers :
PieksiHH stays with HoBi.
HolgiHH visits windy62.
PinkyHH stays with goldmoon.
UrselHH has fun with natalina

GustavHH, SunnyHH, NiliHH, TobiHH, ThomasHH and HelgaHH are at home.

UrselHH  the Second was kidnapped by EuroMaus.
MrCoolHH is LOST in Poland at inidhil.
KalliHH was kidnapped by Oppenheimer.
BineHH is lost on the way to vunder

And finally dicker Kumpel stays at home with me. He just started his own website - look here : Dicker Kumpel's website

Montgomery, Mephi,Sansone and Stoker are with me now. 

If you want to host one of my TVs, please send a PM! This year I prefer TV-Swaps.

*Posted Sep 28, 2009, 10:35 am
Marjolein
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send an email to Marjolein Visit Marjolein's web site View Marjolein's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Marjolein Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi RikeH! I think this is a very good idea, it would be ashame if the tv's never saw the world just because there mum or dad quite ToyVoyagers. I have Mulalu for ages now and his mum hasn't been active for 8 months now. I was thinking of doing the same thing as you said for him, he's such a sweet elephant :)
My ToyVoyagers: Kasper, Casanova, Dieuwerke, Alizée, Koetje, Jelka
Wild tv's: Hero, Persefone, Laocoön, Bran, Maeldun, Scathach
Currently hosting: Mulalu, Momo, Mumble
I have hosted: LiLA Bear, Roots Bear (twice), Nick, Claire, TheOutsider, Finja, Pingu, Davy, Count, Ambrosius, Muumipeikko, Chompers, Gilbert, Sunnie, AliG, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Hinz + Kunz, Papelbon, Henry the Adventure Hound, Viktor, Jelle

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/marjoleinaneth/Banner.jpg

Posted Sep 28, 2009, 2:15 pm
JaymeC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to JaymeC Visit JaymeC's web site Send an AIM message to JaymeC Send a personal messsage to JaymeC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I don't see a problem with 'adopting' him if you like. The only issue I could see cropping up is that if someone clicks to message his mentor it won't go to your mailbox.

You've more patience than me. I've only got three toys that are current on my currently hosting list :( The rest are either lost (a couple of them) or their hosts simply dropped off the face of the earth. I usually try to contact an owner 1-2months after their toy arrives to find out the next place. If I don't get a reply within a couple weeks on the shelf the toy goes. And then I wait about another month, then send the toy on home. Its unfortunate how many have been dropping out :(
Please don't mail to my old Japan address! We are in the states now! Ask me for my new one :)

Posted Sep 29, 2009, 8:25 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I always try to get them back to the owners again, especially when I see, that these owners also still have a tv guest at home. I add a letter and ask them to send these tvs to a rescue place. Several times we had been lucky to get some tvs home again.

I know, I should add something in the forum, which everyone will find at once, if she/he needs help and I promiss to do this within this week.

If there is no guest at that place, I don't see any cause, why adopting a tv shouldn't be possible. I also adopted Nuada and FoxForce, who is now travelling with olgamaus. FoxForce still travels under her owners name and if the owner comes back, there surely would be a way to sort everything out.

I hope, I had the chance to help

Bye, Petra

Posted Sep 29, 2009, 12:16 pm
Pandamao
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Pandamao Send a personal messsage to Pandamao Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Yes, adoption is a way. The TV is not lost and if ever the owner comes back, there is still a way to trace the toy and get it back to the owner.

Posted Oct 6, 2009, 10:49 pm
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Visit Delenna's web site Send a personal messsage to Delenna Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I agree, adopting is a cool idea :) I'm sorry I didn't do it with Majed - his owner hadn't been online for ages and I still sent him there - now Majed is still shown on my "currently hosting" list as the host hasn't been online to inform he's home. I have Tanusha on that list too, but she got lost in the mail apparently. *sigh*

I'm just a bit of a perfectionist, I wouldn't want my list to show toys I don't have anymore. After that incident I've decided to keep the toy with me untill a host contacts me/replies to my messages. A traveller could as well stay safely with me - at least I'd know where it is :)
Yes! I'm officially a Freak! :D

http://www.postpals.co.uk/banners/static-mdtday.jpg

Posted Oct 11, 2009, 7:38 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

About Majed it is a special story, because her owner send another toyvoyager home after ages finally. Maybe it helped to send her own toyvoyager back. I think, that sometimes it makes sence to send the tv back and ask that host to send those tvs, which are with him/her back to the owners or to a rescue place.

Posted Oct 11, 2009, 8:27 am
wourpet
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to wourpet Visit wourpet's web site View wourpet's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to wourpet Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I have one on my 'currently hosting' list that was sent on to the next trail host 2 years ago. She never came back on.

I also have Frogger. His owner sent him along with a TV I was to host and said she would contact me to have him come back home when she was ready. He has been here over a year. But he's happy, and he might even tell you what he has been up to one of these days. :p
Friend of Picado, Morado, Florence, Azul, Coney, Rosa, Blanche and Lucky-Ducky

USATVT Trail Organizer and host.

Winner 2008 Golden Bear Award -- Best Picture

Visitors or Visiting: Henry the Adventure Hound, Budd, Ballet Cindy, Holiday Harry,Daisy Duck, Froddo, Mara-Joy, Ruzovacek, Soar, Helen Bear  Éireannach, Ronnie N Hammie, Cool Jules, Candy Cotton, Mittens, Jimbo Elephant, Frogger, Bumble, Snuggles, TibiPanda, JamaBanaDukLuv, Winnie the Pooh Nicki Bear, Cliff, Greedyand Watson
Read their Blog

Posted Oct 12, 2009, 5:53 am
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Visit Delenna's web site Send a personal messsage to Delenna Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

BunTraveler said:

Oh yes---I still have Alfonz too at my house for over a year now.  Wanted to send him on but there was no record of where he should go and when I tried over and over to make contact to the owner, I received no answers.

Alfonz is very small and no problem but it seems odd that he has no real home. 

Do we have "Another Mother" who would like to just be in charge of "adoptees" and take them as her or their own?

That might be a solution too as that way they would always be with one person.  I'm not sure about sending them along for traveling to possibly getting lost again. 
But someone could keep all the never returned TV's and we would have a "forever foster home" for all of them.

BunTraveler * Linda

Oh I would love to be a foster home! =D I think my kids would love it too ;)

Posted Oct 13, 2009, 7:58 am Last edited Oct 13, 2009, 8:01 am by Delenna
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I also thought about this possibility. Maybe a new account should be made, with a name like "foster home" or "orphanage". Then it would be definitly clear that those TVs are the originally "forgotten TVs". Of course they can continue travelling, I think. But they would have another real montor who is taking care of them.

I don't estimate the risk of possibly getting lost in the mail higher than the risk of dying of boredom in someone's cupboard.

I also think there will be a lot of members who will host also those TVs for a while.

Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Oct 13, 2009, 8:48 am
RikeH
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to RikeH Visit RikeH's web site Send a personal messsage to RikeH Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hello,

it could be nice to have a safe home for the 'forgotten'.

But I would love it more, if they could travel and see the world :D

I still would love to take care of Murph and see him in other places.

But maybe we could do both - adopting TVs or let them live in the Foster Care Home.

RikeH
My ToyVoyagers :
PieksiHH stays with HoBi.
HolgiHH visits windy62.
PinkyHH stays with goldmoon.
UrselHH has fun with natalina

GustavHH, SunnyHH, NiliHH, TobiHH, ThomasHH and HelgaHH are at home.

UrselHH  the Second was kidnapped by EuroMaus.
MrCoolHH is LOST in Poland at inidhil.
KalliHH was kidnapped by Oppenheimer.
BineHH is lost on the way to vunder

And finally dicker Kumpel stays at home with me. He just started his own website - look here : Dicker Kumpel's website

Montgomery, Mephi,Sansone and Stoker are with me now. 

If you want to host one of my TVs, please send a PM! This year I prefer TV-Swaps.

Posted Oct 13, 2009, 10:41 pm
babyamy
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to babyamy Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

When I read all these posts I think that Delenna will probably be our foster mum. :)

I like the idea of the foster home, but I think it's for evryone nicer, when those TVs could go on travelling.
What I could offer is to take one of the forgotten TVs for a longer period of time as an "exchange TV". It could stay here for a half year or a year and then travel on or back home to the foster home.
~I have moved, please contact me for my new address~

My TVs:
Kamie is lost in the USA
Wieka is in Brasil
Etwas is lost on the way to Argentina
Dusel is in Norway
Zipfelchen is lost on the way to Canada

My wild Ones: Swap, Swep, Swip, Swop, dideldum, dideldei, Lane, Lene and Line, Mr Cache and Hoernchen

Posted Oct 16, 2009, 10:47 am
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

I just checked and *phew* I joined TV over 2 years ago :)

In my second opinion adopting is not possible as adopting is For Ever - and if the original owner comes back later, he/she might want the toy back. Foster care is not necessarily "for ever" - although it might be. Just like in real life :)

If it's ok, I'll put up an account with the name FosterCareHome or something like that.

I'm just so excited about it I can't wait!  :D

Posted Oct 16, 2009, 12:49 pm Last edited Oct 21, 2009, 9:12 am by Delenna
FosterCareHome
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to FosterCareHome Send a personal messsage to FosterCareHome Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Tadaa! :D

Foster Care Home for toyvoyagers who have lost contact with their mentors/owners. A loving home for a TV as long as the toy needs.

Posted Oct 16, 2009, 1:00 pm Last edited Oct 16, 2009, 1:15 pm by FosterCareHome
FosterCareHome
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to FosterCareHome Send a personal messsage to FosterCareHome Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Should there be a topic dedicated to Foster Care Home in the forum, under ToyVoyager Central? That way people would see it and they might remember it when needed - and they could ask how to proceed when they want to send a tv to Foster Care.

I will give my contact details (with backup info) to certain people (Isobel&Neil, BunTraveler, olgamaus...) so that if I for some reason am lost, they know where to find me :) But I will tell you if I'm gone for a longer period of time or in the rare case that I couldn't Foster anymore.
Foster Care Home for toyvoyagers who have lost contact with their mentors/owners. A loving home for a TV as long as the toy needs.

Posted Oct 16, 2009, 5:22 pm
Carolyn
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United States

Send an email to Carolyn Visit Carolyn's web site Send a message to Carolyn with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to Carolyn Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Isn't there a way to just become the new mentor. You go ahead and find a new host and send the abandoned TV on his way?
Carolyn

http://www.thehorribles.thewebcomic.com
http://www.thepeoplethatmeltintherain.thewebcomic.com

*Posted Oct 16, 2009, 6:35 pm
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I think both should be possible for the TVs: Staying in the foster home or travelling. As long as there is someone who offers to host those TVs - why not?

A problem might be the postage charches to send those TVs to a host: This would have to be done by the FosterCareHome. Maybe the host can take a share on those costs, maybe by paying half of the postage charges to a paypal account or maybe payment in kind.

Irrespective of this problem I like the idea that all those TVs whose mentors disappeared from this site have a home now, which certainly does not mean that they MUST live there, but they can if they like to or if there isn't any host available to host them.

I already have a nice picture in my mind: Delenna reading a bettime story to at least 30 ToyVoyagers :D

Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Oct 16, 2009, 6:54 pm
Admin
Admin

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi all!

Really sorry - somehow I have missed this whole thing going on.
I think it's a great idea, and another really good example of how the website and ToyVoyagers concept keeps on evolving through its members.

I agree that foster care would be better than an outright adoption. Thanks for taking this on Delenna!

I will set set up an area of the forum for it (I think someone mentioned that earlier on), this will happen in a couple of days time as it's our eldest son's birthday today and he's got friends and family coming this weekend, so I won't get much time to sort it out before then.

Kind regards,

Neil

Posted Oct 17, 2009, 12:03 am Last edited Oct 17, 2009, 12:05 am by Admin
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

BunTraveler said:

If that "foster" caretaker wants to spend the money to start them traveling, I think that would be up to them at the time.  They will be their "children" to care for. 

I have to agree on this one :) Besides, there are hundreds of voyagers out there, tens of them lookin for a host, so I'm sure everyone will have toys to host even if Foster Care Home doesn't send any on the road asap.

babyamy was ready to take a visitor for a longer period of time - I think that's a lovely idea and I will surely talk about that later on ;)

olgamaus: a bedtime story for 30 foster toys? I'll try to remember that photo-shoot when there are 30 here... ;)

Posted Oct 17, 2009, 4:03 pm
FosterCareHome
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Germany

Foster Care Home agrees on everything Delenna just said :p

Posted Oct 17, 2009, 4:12 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable