ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Dazed and Confused? » adopt a ToyVoyager

Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
adopt a ToyVoyager, with inactive Mum
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

@ Delenna

There will be 30 TVs really soon, I believe. Many host have one or two of those "mentorless" TVs sitting at home.

I have Roo, you remember? She is so cute, she can stay here for a while. Hugo is with RikeH now, we'll see how long he can stay there. Those two are possible candidates for the new FosterCareHome.

to all:

Will those TVs, which are taken by the FosterCareHome, be offically mentored by the FosterCareHome? Or is it possible to make a special sign or something like that? I am thinking of a symbol which is visible for everyone, like the symbol with the hand and the teddy bear, which is shown next to the TV's name, when open the "View Voyager"-view. This sign should also be visible when you visit the TV's travelog. Maybe someone could create a symbol, showing a little house or a sign.

Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Oct 17, 2009, 4:24 pm
FosterCareHome
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to FosterCareHome Send a personal messsage to FosterCareHome Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I think they won't be officially mentored by The Home as that would be adopting. I think they will be officially "hosted" by The Home. We practically will mentor as they'll live here but not officially. That way it's easier to send them back to their original owner if one shows up. If you meant that they would show up in FosterCareHome's tv list as "mentored" (or whatever it was) instead of "hosted by me".

That symbol does sound like a cool idea, but that would be up to the admins to make one I think. I don't know how easy/hard it is to make one and put it here.

We'll start organizing everything to be ready for the first Foster Toys!  :D
Foster Care Home for toyvoyagers who have lost contact with their mentors/owners. A loving home for a TV as long as the toy needs.

Posted Oct 18, 2009, 7:29 am
RikeH
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to RikeH Visit RikeH's web site Send a personal messsage to RikeH Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi,

now I know, why people didn't like my idea of adopting a TV - I never thought about having Murph as my own - I only want to help him to travel :p

I still love the idea of homeless TVs travelling and not only having a great time with Delenna.

So maybe we could have a new topic in the part for the FosterCareHome.

If someone has a TV for the FosterCareHome - he/she can post the name and the photo. Maybe someone would love to host this TV for some weeks - so the TV can have some more fun?

Later the new host could post again, and if no one wants to host the TV, the TV could travel to the FosterCareHome.

It is only my idea - maybe you like it - or not... ;)

Greetings
RikeH
My ToyVoyagers :
PieksiHH stays with HoBi.
HolgiHH visits windy62.
PinkyHH stays with goldmoon.
UrselHH has fun with natalina

GustavHH, SunnyHH, NiliHH, TobiHH, ThomasHH and HelgaHH are at home.

UrselHH  the Second was kidnapped by EuroMaus.
MrCoolHH is LOST in Poland at inidhil.
KalliHH was kidnapped by Oppenheimer.
BineHH is lost on the way to vunder

And finally dicker Kumpel stays at home with me. He just started his own website - look here : Dicker Kumpel's website

Montgomery, Mephi,Sansone and Stoker are with me now. 

If you want to host one of my TVs, please send a PM! This year I prefer TV-Swaps.

Posted Oct 18, 2009, 10:06 am
Marjolein
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send an email to Marjolein Visit Marjolein's web site View Marjolein's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Marjolein Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I really like the idea of RikeH :) And then you will actually update the travelog for somebody, because people will follow it. When the owner is offline for ages, I have the feeling not updating for anyone, but this way updating is for everybody interested :)
My ToyVoyagers: Kasper, Casanova, Dieuwerke, Alizée, Koetje, Jelka
Wild tv's: Hero, Persefone, Laocoön, Bran, Maeldun, Scathach
Currently hosting: Mulalu, Momo, Mumble
I have hosted: LiLA Bear, Roots Bear (twice), Nick, Claire, TheOutsider, Finja, Pingu, Davy, Count, Ambrosius, Muumipeikko, Chompers, Gilbert, Sunnie, AliG, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Hinz + Kunz, Papelbon, Henry the Adventure Hound, Viktor, Jelle

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/marjoleinaneth/Banner.jpg

Posted Oct 18, 2009, 10:30 am
babyamy
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to babyamy Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thank you Delenna for being our foster home mum :)
Maybe you can have a list somewhere either in the new forum part or in your signature to let everyone know which TV is staying in the foster home now and which of your foster TV is travelling somewhere.

I'll wait for a while what's going on, maybe I have one "forgotten" toy here at home, too. :(
Then I come back to my offer to take one of the toys as a long time guest.

~I have moved, please contact me for my new address~

My TVs:
Kamie is lost in the USA
Wieka is in Brasil
Etwas is lost on the way to Argentina
Dusel is in Norway
Zipfelchen is lost on the way to Canada

My wild Ones: Swap, Swep, Swip, Swop, dideldum, dideldei, Lane, Lene and Line, Mr Cache and Hoernchen

Posted Oct 18, 2009, 7:02 pm
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Visit Delenna's web site Send a personal messsage to Delenna Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

BunTraveler wrote well, thank you :) That's what I think fostering means, otherwise I wouldn't have volunteered.

I have a few of my own tv's sitting here at home. I would offer those first to visit in case someone wants to host a tv. ;)

babyamy: I will think of that :) The toys FosterCareHome will have, will show in the profile at least. It might be too long a list to put in the signature eventually ;) We'll see. But I will definitely keep track online. Organizing is fun! :D
Yes! I'm officially a Freak! :D

http://www.postpals.co.uk/banners/static-mdtday.jpg

Posted Oct 19, 2009, 9:07 am
FosterCareHome
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to FosterCareHome Send a personal messsage to FosterCareHome Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

RikeH said:

So maybe we could have a new topic in the part for the FosterCareHome.

If someone has a TV for the FosterCareHome - he/she can post the name and the photo. Maybe someone would love to host this TV for some weeks - so the TV can have some more fun?

Later the new host could post again, and if no one wants to host the TV, the TV could travel to the FosterCareHome.

I have to think about that... That might be a good idea after I've slept over it ;) My first opinion is that it's better to keep the toys looking for hosts in the "Toys Looking for Hosts" section. The Foster Care Home will be responsible for the toys only after they're here at Foster Care Home. So, if a person wants to help a toy with an inactive mentor to travel, he/she could well do it - but that's up to him/her and should probably be done in the regular topics. If those toys then later become Foster Toys, then it's up to the Foster Care Home (me ;) ) if they'll eventually travel somewhere. But as BunTraveler said, this will be a home to the Foster Toys - a place where the owners/mentors can find them if they come back.

I understand this is new and exciting to everyone - and no rules have been yet written :) I'll write (if I may) the rules when there's a topic of its own here - mostly based on BunTravelers words as I happen to agree with her  :D Maybe the admins have something to say too...

Foster Care Home for toyvoyagers who have lost contact with their mentors/owners. A loving home for a TV as long as the toy needs.

Posted Oct 19, 2009, 9:47 am
FosterCareHome
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Germany

First Foster Toy has arrived to Foster Care Home! With Alfonz, Foster Care Home is officially open  :D

Posted Oct 28, 2009, 2:39 pm Last edited Oct 28, 2009, 2:40 pm by FosterCareHome
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Roo seems to be a little bit bored, she is with me since May, so she has seen many interesting places. I think she will accompany Alfonz soon, probably in November. She loved  winter in Finland  :D

Maybe she will some more TVs, which have an inactive owner, with her. I know that BlackCat still has Hueso.
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

*Posted Oct 28, 2009, 7:19 pm
extreme
ToyVoyagers Fresher

Member Level

Philippines

Send a personal messsage to extreme Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Just a newbie but before I make a suggestion I would like to ask if TVs have expirations?
My TV's : Bituin
OkatokaT

To host : Slimak

Posted Jan 5, 2010, 6:53 am
brilliantlyxx
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to brilliantlyxx Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I think extreme is asking if a TV isn't updated for a certain amount of time if it just expires or just stays on the site.

Which, if that is what you are asking, they do not expire. There are travelogs on here that haven't been updated since 2007 or 2008 (Wilds or lost, usually).
My Voyagers:
Chance is in Australia as part of the WTVT
Penny is in Brazil!
Noelle is stuck in Europe
PookyBear is stuck in Colorado
Izzie is stuck in California
Blue Boy is somewhere between Missouri & Michigan.

Wild Release TVs:

Holly, Fargo, Sarver, Skip, Harmon, Lionel, Alden, Isaiah, Elvis Bearsley.

PM me if you would like to host one of my TVs.
Posted Jan 6, 2010, 6:34 am
extreme
ToyVoyagers Fresher

Member Level

Philippines

Send a personal messsage to extreme Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks for the clarification Linda and brilliant :D

I don't know if my suggestion is of value anyways what if there will be a rule for TV's that stayed in foster care for 3 years can be adopted by a new owner for good wherein the original owner can no longer have any claim.
My TV's : Bituin
OkatokaT

To host : Slimak

Posted Jan 7, 2010, 6:07 am
Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable