ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Trading Post » HOLIDAY WISHLIST 2009!

Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
HOLIDAY WISHLIST 2009!
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Australia

Send a personal messsage to becka_kate Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi
I didn't join in last year as money was too tight over the Christmas holiday period.

I'm Bec in Sydney, Australia. Currently I live with mum, a borrowed menagerie of animals (that belong to my recently married sister & brother-in-law) and a variety of other relatives that come and go! I teach in a very interesting school and have been TV'ing for a while (though have been just lurking recently due to lack of time!)

1. Christmas cards - I love Christmas cards from all over the world, particularly the post card type ones from Europe.

2. Vintage postcards

3. Pens or markers in all colours and thicknesses

4. Small children's books (in English, Arabic, Bengali, Indonesian, Vietnamese or Urdu preferably, suitable for children aged 5-9. If it is in a language other than English, a short blurb explaining what the book is about would be extremely helpful, as I don't speak any of these languages but the kids in my class do!)

5. Pandas (anything)

6. Small Christmas decorations - I made a start on my "worldwide" collection while travelling last year, (somehow I forgot to get one in Canada...)
but still have heaps of room on my tree. My one big regret from my travels is that I wasn't in Munich for the Christmas market! I really like ones that are somehow representative of the country. e.g. My Russian cathedrals from St Petersburg.

7. Colourful (but small) paintings / prints

8. Safe return of my C.K. from the USA

PM me for my address, or I'm pretty sure Linda and Sara both have it.

Thanks!

"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off." -Helen Exley

Friend of: Kalli, C.K. (MIA in the US), Froddo, Candy CottonDottie Grace (Still travelling), Tamalyn (hiding out in Canada) Zahli, Barclay, Kellie Koala& Tilda

Friends in the Wild: Slinkee Snake, Ms Millie, Violet May, Elefunk, Shriek, Eureka Bear, Bonza Roo, Daisy Bear, Elouera, Alby, Thiele, Bree Bear, Fred A’bear, Kograh, Rosetta, Kismet, Huggles & Gretel,Previous host to:  Emma, Greedy,
Iago, Hugo, Kroko, Lollipop, Paula, Steve, Misko, Winnie the Pooh, Her Highness QueenElizabethI, Kari, Tippi, Taro, Seamus, PampleMoose, Berlin Bear, Mario, Mei, (Playmo)Bill, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon, HoppyVanderHare, JamaBanaDukLuv, Elisabeth & Cassiopeia(twice).

My flickr photo collections

Posted Nov 26, 2009, 10:24 am Last edited Nov 26, 2009, 10:40 am by becka_kate
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

So I have made a list of what I can send to everyone so far, based on your lists.  I can't guarantee that all of you will get a package from me, or that they will be on time, because in the next three weeks I have four papers due (and all of those next week), four exams, work and I'm getting my wisdom teeth out.  However, everyone is getting a postcard!  I was going to send them with the packages, but most of you like them written on and stamped, so you will be receiving them seperately from anything else I might be sending you.

Cheers!
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Nov 26, 2009, 6:25 pm
JaymeC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to JaymeC Visit JaymeC's web site Send an AIM message to JaymeC Send a personal messsage to JaymeC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Aww I got busy with Thanksgiving and didn't see this before now, but I'm going to see if I can get a few small packages out for Christmas now (though with our mail they may be late, but I'll cross my fingers). My wish list would be:

1. Postcards, postcards, postcards. Especially UNESCO sites and Disney postcards, but really I love them all.
2. Anything two toddler boys would get enjoyment out of. Whether its a McD's toy or some stickers or whatever. They love getting things when mommy gets a package :)
3. Disney stuff in general. The kids are currently still in love with Mickey Mouse, though I think the oldest is moving onto Buzz Lightyear.
4. Christian crosses
5. Pens. Mine are *always* disappearing.
6. Magnets that aren't easily breakable. My kids love playing with them on the fridge and talking about them.
7. A good book. I'm always looking for new reading material :) In english, or if you really want to drive me nuts, spanish ;)
8. I know we're supposed to come up with 10, but I'm all out. Just something small and fun :)

I'm printing out the list to go to the store and clean the house with tomorrow though ;) Since we move soon, I'm sure I have some things I need to get rid of anyway some of you may like ;)
Please don't mail to my old Japan address! We are in the states now! Ask me for my new one :)

Posted Nov 28, 2009, 10:39 pm
brilliantlyxx
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to brilliantlyxx Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Just a quick question.
Is there anyone that's posted on this thread so far that does not celebrate Christmas and celebrates a different holiday? I would just like to make sure before I start to send things out.
My Voyagers:
Chance is in Australia as part of the WTVT
Penny is in Brazil!
Noelle is stuck in Europe
PookyBear is stuck in Colorado
Izzie is stuck in California
Blue Boy is somewhere between Missouri & Michigan.

Wild Release TVs:

Holly, Fargo, Sarver, Skip, Harmon, Lionel, Alden, Isaiah, Elvis Bearsley.

PM me if you would like to host one of my TVs.
Posted Nov 29, 2009, 6:10 am
babyamy
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to babyamy Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I looked through the lists again and I'd love to send out a lot of tea (there is a great small tea shop in my hometown), but since the postage for sending letters/packages international is very expensive (unless you just send light letters and postcards), I can't send as much as I'd like to... :(
~I have moved, please contact me for my new address~

My TVs:
Kamie is lost in the USA
Wieka is in Brasil
Etwas is lost on the way to Argentina
Dusel is in Norway
Zipfelchen is lost on the way to Canada

My wild Ones: Swap, Swep, Swip, Swop, dideldum, dideldei, Lane, Lene and Line, Mr Cache and Hoernchen

Posted Nov 29, 2009, 6:09 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I would also like to add to my list:

Little toiletries, like the soaps and shampoos you get at hotels.  They will be donated to a local womens' shelter.
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Dec 1, 2009, 6:30 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Sent out some packages and stuff today. I'm not even going to tell you how much I spent.

Posted Dec 2, 2009, 5:00 am
babyamy
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to babyamy Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

AbbyB said:
I'm not even going to tell you how much I spent.

I just calculated what I'll have to pay when I send out everything I'd like to.  :rolleyes:
But since many things on my list are not too heavy it'll be ok for me. Now I just need some time for the shopping and make sure to send out everything soon.

My TVs:
Kamie is lost in the USA
Wieka is in Brasil
Dusel is in Norway

My wild Ones: Swap, Swep, Swip, Swop, dideldum, dideldei, Lane, Lene and Line, Mr Cache and Hoernchen

Posted Dec 2, 2009, 12:28 pm
Pixiedustlady
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to Pixiedustlady Send a personal messsage to Pixiedustlady Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Guess Ill join in the fun!! I am Darcie aka Pixiedustlady. I live in North Carolina and just love this website!!!

1. Christmas cards/Postcards - I love them!
2. Candy/treats - From your country, I love trying new stuff!
3. I am a DIE HARD vintage girl!! I LOVE stuff from the 1940s and 1950s!!!
4. Clothing items for my TVs
5. Bumper stickers from your country with something whacky on it or a sports team on it!! we have a huge wall of them in our motorcycle trailer.
6. Scented candles.lotions or bubble bath
7. Something to hang in the Christmas tree - Maybe made by you or your children
8. I am a big Arsenal football fan :) would love something from them!
9. I am also a Hockey fan. I would love something from one of the International teams!
10. Surprise me!! I love surprises!!

My Toy Voyagers are  Bally is at home.
Bonishka is in Canada Papelbon is in Austria. Lucan is back in the Netherlands with his best friend Nijntje!!  Ladomar is at home Terry is in MO AND WANTS TO COME HOME!!! Dean is at home Carlisle is in Germany Rocky Squirrel is in Italy STRANDED Marty is in South Africa Boo Boo  is on the way homePammy is at home Tuffy is at home Bart is back.

Would you like to host one of my TVs?  If so please send me a pm or email and let these little toys see the world :) Please only host if you have the time to do updates and the money for postage. Due to past problems you must be over 21 and have reliable internet access for regular updates to host my TVs.  I am also available for hosting! Please send me a PM or email me if you would like to have your toy visit me!  ***I only host small and lighweight TVs.... please no TVs that are big/bulky/have motors or animation effects.  These are very expensive to ship and to tote around town.

Posted Dec 2, 2009, 5:05 pm Last edited Dec 6, 2009, 1:15 am by Pixiedustlady
Dharma
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Greece

Send a personal messsage to Dharma Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi Im Dharma... I have a wishing list too

1. Candy from your country, nothing big just something typical.
2. Vintage stickers
3. Tea bags, I like to try new tastes
4. Postcards from your country...
5. Something made by you (handmade), I will send you back some of my crafts. They are famous here, trust me.
6. Drawings or paintings or prints of someone of your country artists. Im a painter and Id like to learn what is going on around the globe
7. A surprise a small surprise present , it doesn't have to be big or expensive. I rarely receive gifts because Im old (50 years old) and people think that old people dont need gifts
8. Candles, I love them
10. Motivation, good luck items or ornaments... I need some good luck here...

Send me PM for my address and have Merry Christmas
Miracles happen! Just wait...

Posted Dec 5, 2009, 10:07 am
babyamy
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Thank you Abby for the great surprise package! The yarn is great, now I REALLY have to crouchet socks :D The candle smells amazing, I already lit it and my room smells like orange. :)

My TVs:
Kamie is lost in the USA
Wieka is in Brasil
Dusel is in Norway

Posted Dec 6, 2009, 7:24 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

babyamy said:
Thank you Abby for the great surprise package!

You're welcome!

Posted Dec 6, 2009, 11:45 pm
brilliantlyxx
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to brilliantlyxx Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks AbbyB for the package! Loved it!

I'll be sending out my packages and cards hopefully this week. They may be arriving after the holiday for some of you, which I am sorry about.
My Voyagers:
Chance is in Australia as part of the WTVT
Penny is in Brazil!
Noelle is stuck in Europe
PookyBear is stuck in Colorado
Izzie is stuck in California
Blue Boy is somewhere between Missouri & Michigan.

Wild Release TVs:

Holly, Fargo, Sarver, Skip, Harmon, Lionel, Alden, Isaiah, Elvis Bearsley.

PM me if you would like to host one of my TVs.
Posted Dec 7, 2009, 9:03 pm Last edited Dec 7, 2009, 9:50 pm by brilliantlyxx
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thank you Delenna and AbbyB for the surprise packages. I love them both.

I will try to get things together this week. I'm sorry, I had been ill and now I'm way behind so many things. My packages will arrive after Christmas, I suppose.

Posted Dec 7, 2009, 9:21 pm
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I completely forgot to write my wishes here, so here they are

1. I love stationary, stickers etc.
2. I love licorice
3. I kept pet rats for years, I love all plushy rats and mice,
also other items showing mice or rats
4. I am keeping ferrets now, I have never seen any ferret
plush animals or stickers showing ferrets
5. vegetarian receipes from foreign countries
6. receipes for cakes and cookies
7. I love fridge magnets
8. Surprise me :D
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Dec 8, 2009, 12:57 pm
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks so much Abby for the package! Daniel and I both loved it! :-)

I'm hoping to send you something before Christmas, postage costs are pretty high though unfortunately so it might be a bit late! <3
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Dec 8, 2009, 12:59 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

sararingham said:
Thanks so much Abby for the package! Daniel and I both loved it! :-)

I'm hoping to send you something before Christmas, postage costs are pretty high though unfortunately so it might be a bit late! <3

You're welcome!  I remember last time I sent you some, you mentioned that Daniel really liked them as well, so I wanted to make sure that you each got a bag.

And that's alright.  I'm sending out a few things next week (this week is no good) to a few more people, and I doubt they will make it on time as well.  We can all pretend that it is the Christmas that keeps on giving, days or weeks after the actual day.

Posted Dec 8, 2009, 6:16 pm
babyamy
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Thank you again, Abby, for the nice postcard!

And thank you Black Cat, olgamaus und Apperveilchen for the Christmas card from Essen!

I sent out my international surprises today except for one, the rest will be send next week. :)

My TVs:
Kamie is lost in the USA
Wieka is in Brasil
Dusel is in Norway

Posted Dec 8, 2009, 8:10 pm
FosterCareHome
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to FosterCareHome Send a personal messsage to FosterCareHome Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks AbbyB for the card :)

fam-united: you're welcome!

I hope everyone else I sent something will get their mail soon too... ;)
Foster Care Home for toyvoyagers who have lost contact with their mentors/owners. A loving home for a TV as long as the toy needs.

Posted Dec 9, 2009, 9:46 am
babyamy
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

@ Delenna: I got my Christmas Card and the tea today, thank you very much :)

My TVs:
Kamie is lost in the USA
Wieka is in Brasil
Dusel is in Norway

Posted Dec 9, 2009, 7:41 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable