ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Improvements to the site » maps and distances travelled

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
maps and distances travelled
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Australia

Send a personal messsage to becka_kate Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi
I seem to be having a problem with the maps of the Toys I'm hosting. It shows up where they are, but in the space for distance travelled I get letters (I think Nan - it's late and I spent just over 3 hours driving today, so I might be wrong). What's the problem here? Is it something I'm doing wrong with the co-ordinates? Just wondering as I was checking the Top Ten's and noticed that Cassiopeia, Elisabeth & JamaBana hadn't entered distance travelled when I thought they might after travelling all the way here and CK made it after travelling Australia to England.

Also, is there anyway that the info about distance travelled could be on each toy's home page with the info re: where they are?

Help please!
Bec.
"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off." -Helen Exley

Friend of: Kalli, C.K. (MIA in the US), Froddo, Candy CottonDottie Grace (Still travelling), Tamalyn (hiding out in Canada) Zahli, Barclay, Kellie Koala& Tilda

Friends in the Wild: Slinkee Snake, Ms Millie, Violet May, Elefunk, Shriek, Eureka Bear, Bonza Roo, Daisy Bear, Elouera, Alby, Thiele, Bree Bear, Fred A’bear, Kograh, Rosetta, Kismet, Huggles & Gretel,Previous host to:  Emma, Greedy,
Iago, Hugo, Kroko, Lollipop, Paula, Steve, Misko, Winnie the Pooh, Her Highness QueenElizabethI, Kari, Tippi, Taro, Seamus, PampleMoose, Berlin Bear, Mario, Mei, (Playmo)Bill, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon, HoppyVanderHare, JamaBanaDukLuv, Elisabeth & Cassiopeia(twice).

My flickr photo collections

Posted Jun 17, 2007, 3:05 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks for letting us know Bec,
We will look into it and get back to you.
Kind regards,
Isobel and Neil
We live here.

Posted Jun 17, 2007, 3:20 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Maybe there should be a way for the owners to update the coordinates too, because I also saw, that some toyvoyagers have no signs on their maps and it would be possible to correct wrong coordinates.
Bye, Petra

Posted Jun 18, 2007, 10:04 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi guys,

There's definitely a problem with the distance calculations for Elisabeth and JamaBana. We are currently looking into it. Cass seems okay, but has not done enough miles to make the Top Ten (she has done nearly 12,000 miles, but you need to do about 15,000 now to make the top ten).

We are looking into making some changes to the top section of the travelog (currently the green banner showing the profile picture) - we will look also look to include the distance travelled there when we make the changes.

Petra - yes, another good suggestion, we are looking into the whole co-ordinates situation - thanks to you both, we appreciate all your comments and suggestions for improving the site

Kind regards,

Isobel and Neil
We live here.

Posted Jun 18, 2007, 11:10 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

The distance calculation problem is now fixed - it now calculates correctly for all travelogs - you should not see the word 'NaN' anymore!

We live here.

Posted Jun 27, 2007, 8:26 pm
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to becka_kate Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

thank you!
"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off." -Helen Exley

Friend of: Kalli, C.K. (MIA in the US), Froddo, Candy CottonDottie Grace (Still travelling), Tamalyn (hiding out in Canada) Zahli, Barclay, Kellie Koala& Tilda

Friends in the Wild: Slinkee Snake, Ms Millie, Violet May, Elefunk, Shriek, Eureka Bear, Bonza Roo, Daisy Bear, Elouera, Alby, Thiele, Bree Bear, Fred A’bear, Kograh, Rosetta, Kismet, Huggles & Gretel,Previous host to:  Emma, Greedy,
Iago, Hugo, Kroko, Lollipop, Paula, Steve, Misko, Winnie the Pooh, Her Highness QueenElizabethI, Kari, Tippi, Taro, Seamus, PampleMoose, Berlin Bear, Mario, Mei, (Playmo)Bill, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon, HoppyVanderHare, JamaBanaDukLuv, Elisabeth & Cassiopeia(twice).

My flickr photo collections

Posted Jul 1, 2007, 1:24 pm
kristl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Technicals

Russian Federation

Send an email to kristl Visit kristl's web site Send an ICQ messsage to kristl View kristl's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to kristl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi!

I have an idea about the maps..

May be I don' know all the features of this site, but haven't found it yet..

It would be good, i every TV had his own world map (or a link to a world map site) where the hosts could mark the places the TV has visited ;)) I can suggest only GoogleEarth but I'm not sure that it's possible there.. When you like this idea I could search for the sites with such a service, I'm sure there is some.
Believing in the magic that I know could never be...
(c) Flight of Dragons

My ToyVoyagers Berlin Bear Éireannach Snegovik Tippi Strider Babylonie TibiPanda Charity Bear Trafalgar
Currently hosting Peachy Chai Vakinas
Hosted C.K. Luffy Bertold Kennedy Majed Purple Bun Archibald Bumba Gina Giraffe BearyLuv Eldon Rangler Curly Snowy NormaNikkers Squiggles Minerva Flora Helen Bear Decker Small Fry Dottie Grace Elisabeth Otto Smith Morado Mousy Mouse Fusco Robinson Donald, Beethoven

Would you like to host one of my ToyVoyagers? - See the TravelLists
ToyVoyagers on WWTVT & ETVT that are going to visit me

I'm TrailOrganiser and Host on the RTVT. Please contact me if you'd like your TV to visit Russia!

*Posted Aug 26, 2007, 5:12 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

At the top of each Travelog there is a clickable button - 'View Map'.

If you click on that, you are taken to the world map where the ToyVoyager's travels are logged automatically as long as each Host inputs the Latitude/Longitude co-ordinates for their location.

This feature also calculates the ToyVoyager's Distance Travelled, which then feeds into the Top Ten feature clickable on the Home Page.
We live here.

Posted Aug 26, 2007, 5:16 pm Last edited Aug 26, 2007, 5:20 pm by Isobel&Neil
kristl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Technicals

Russian Federation

Send an email to kristl Visit kristl's web site Send an ICQ messsage to kristl View kristl's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to kristl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thank you!

And sorry for the inattention :(
Believing in the magic that I know could never be...
(c) Flight of Dragons

My ToyVoyagers Berlin Bear Éireannach Snegovik Tippi Strider Babylonie TibiPanda Charity Bear Trafalgar
Currently hosting Peachy Chai Vakinas
Hosted C.K. Luffy Bertold Kennedy Majed Purple Bun Archibald Bumba Gina Giraffe BearyLuv Eldon Rangler Curly Snowy NormaNikkers Squiggles Minerva Flora Helen Bear Decker Small Fry Dottie Grace Elisabeth Otto Smith Morado Mousy Mouse Fusco Robinson Donald, Beethoven

Would you like to host one of my ToyVoyagers? - See the TravelLists
ToyVoyagers on WWTVT & ETVT that are going to visit me

I'm TrailOrganiser and Host on the RTVT. Please contact me if you'd like your TV to visit Russia!

*Posted Aug 26, 2007, 5:23 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable