ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Improvements to the site » ideas for travelog

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
ideas for travelog, Origin and owner added
MorgenSter
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Group: Members

Brazil

Visit MorgenSter's web site Send an ICQ messsage to MorgenSter Send a message to MorgenSter with Yahoo! Messenger View MorgenSter's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to MorgenSter Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Well... Whenever I go to a travelog for the first time I get very puzzled trying to figure out who is the real owner of the toy and where is its " birth" country. And I'm reaaally curious for those things... Knowing it right there at the travelog would make it easier to figure it out how far the toy has travelled, and if we already know its owner...

I keep having to look all the way trhough the travelog or going to the profile and then comming back after I have seen the original country and if it has been already or not to my country...

What do you all think ????
Hello!!! I would be pleased to host any of your toys, if you would like to send it here to Brazil, send me a PM and we can arrange it :D

My Voyagers :Bombus, Freyr,Vakinas,Bidu, Fizzy
Currently hosting : ,Penny, Drilo,Fed
Hosted: Atta, Dottie Mouse, Regina,Ollie Kikabeer,BallyLightning Jones,Cassiopeia,Eeyore Cutie, Wieka

Posted Jan 7, 2010, 11:18 am
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Visit Delenna's web site Send a personal messsage to Delenna Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

The easiest way to see the original country and where the tv has been is to clock on "view map" in the tv's travelog :) There you can see where he started and where he has been - at least if the hosts have marked that info everytime the tv enters a country (usually people do).
Yes! I'm officially a Freak! :D

http://www.postpals.co.uk/banners/static-mdtday.jpg

Posted Jan 7, 2010, 11:46 am
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

The first update in a tavelog will tell you the owner and where they are from, because the first post is always by the person who activates the TV.
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Jan 8, 2010, 3:32 am
MorgenSter
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Brazil

Visit MorgenSter's web site Send an ICQ messsage to MorgenSter Send a message to MorgenSter with Yahoo! Messenger View MorgenSter's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to MorgenSter Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

That i know... but i meant an easiest way... the first update can be ages ago... what i meant was, we always have to go through other pages ( my internet makes it almost impossible, as it is very slow). So i go to the map and sometimes i cant even return to the main page because of my bad conection. So if there was like a flag inserted togetehr with " view map" , " profile" and the rest that would make it easier then having to get out of the page and back afterwards!
Hello!!! I would be pleased to host any of your toys, if you would like to send it here to Brazil, send me a PM and we can arrange it :D

My Voyagers :Bombus, Freyr,Vakinas,Bidu, Fizzy
Currently hosting : ,Penny, Drilo,Fed
Hosted: Atta, Dottie Mouse, Regina,Ollie Kikabeer,BallyLightning Jones,Cassiopeia,Eeyore Cutie, Wieka

Posted Jan 8, 2010, 11:26 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

You can go into MyStuff (at the top) and click on Edit Preferences.

Then you can choose whether to see the Travelog in reverse order (newest post first) or chronological order (original post first). Perhaps this might be a way for you to see where the TVs started out more quickly if your internet connection is slow.

ON any TV you can click on the TV profile and that should tell you who the TV owner is - click on their profile and you will see where the owner is from. That's on the side of each travelog.

Kind Regards
Isobel
We live here.

Posted Jan 14, 2010, 10:21 am Last edited Jan 14, 2010, 10:22 am by Isobel&Neil
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable