ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » What's new? » Worldwide Random Release 2010

Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Worldwide Random Release 2010, 30th April - 3rd May 2010
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Due to popular demand there will be a Worldwide Random Release again this year. 

'Releasing again in 2010'(!) are:
Isobel&Neil - UK
BunTraveler - US
AbbyB - Canada
Brilliantlyxx - US
babyamy - Germany
Becka_Kate - Australia
vivyanhui
pegger
MorgenSter - The Netherlands
miapearl - UK
BlackCat - Germany
ProwlWorshipper - Australia
Pandamao - Germany
ashl_bee - US
iloveletters - Germany
nancyjb - US
wolljule - Germany
Hardway
olgamaus

FOUND!
Puuh A. Nalle - Stockholm (early release)

Please join in if you can - all you need is one toy (one you have already, buy one, or one from a charity shop) and then PM us for an ID.  Make a tag and release it 'into the wild' somewhere fun over the weekend of 30 April - 2nd May.  ToyVoyagers can get picked up straightaway, or sometimes not turn up for years - it's all part of the journey!

This will be the first weekend in May.  please ask if you have any questions - we have tried to answer a few below ;)

What is a Wild Release?
It essentially involves leaving a ToyVoyager in a public place for somebody to find at random.  The idea is that the finder of the toy takes it travelling with them and you get to share it's adventures because they write updates and upload photos to its travelog.

Get Involved! - Release some ToyVoyagers yourself!!
If you have never tried releasing a ToyVoyager into the wild, the Worldwide Release Weekend is a great time to do it.  You will be joining lots of other members in an experiment to see what happens to them when they are left in public places for people to find at random.  You never know, they could end up travelling for thousands of miles!

How to get involved:

1) Get yourself some smallish toys stuffed toys

2) Reply to this forum topic saying how many ToyVoyagers you want to release and in which country.

3) We will send you an ID number for each ToyVoyager that you are going to release.

4) Once you have the IDs you will be able to create a profiles and travelogs for each ToyVoyager.

5) Make an ID tag for each ToyVoyager.
The ID tag needs to include a short message directing the finder of the ToyVoyager to toyvoyagers.com, along with the ID number which will allow the finder to write a travelog update when they get here.

6) Encourage other members to get involved while you're waiting for the Release weekend to get here.

7) On the Release Weekend (30th April - 3rd May) leave your ToyVoyagers in public places for people to find at random.

8) Wait and see what happens!!

There's only one proper rule:
Any ToyVoyagers that you set up must be released into the wild, you can't just keep them or send them off to hosts.  These IDs will not be counted towards your normal five-toyvoyager limit.

Kind Regards
Isobel and Neil

We live here.

*Posted Feb 2, 2010, 8:31 am Last edited Apr 7, 2010, 8:50 pm by Isobel&Neil
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Group: Members

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm definitely in. I just checked my 'small, releasable toys' pile and I have about half a dozen. It's right in my break between semesters as well.

Come to think of it, maybe I should release some toys during the Olympics. My mom works right downtown in a 'red zone' that should be full of tourists; maybe I'll send a couple with her. Can I have three IDs now?

Oh! I should release a toy or two in Fiji! Maybe at the resort we'll be staying at when we are doing our excavation.
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Feb 3, 2010, 6:00 am
brilliantlyxx
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to brilliantlyxx Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Oooo! I'm excited about this! The first weekend of May is when a festival takes place in my town. Saturday is when people from all over the area come, so it's usually busy and very easy to leave a toy with the crowds.

Just hope it doesn't rain like last year. That was hard trying to find a place to put them where they wouldn't soil and get ruined.
My Voyagers:
Chance is in Australia as part of the WTVT
Penny is in Brazil!
Noelle is stuck in Europe
PookyBear is stuck in Colorado
Izzie is stuck in California
Blue Boy is somewhere between Missouri & Michigan.

Wild Release TVs:

Holly, Fargo, Sarver, Skip, Harmon, Lionel, Alden, Isaiah, Elvis Bearsley.

PM me if you would like to host one of my TVs.
Posted Feb 3, 2010, 5:26 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks BunTraveler, AbbyB and brilliantly for joining in!

I'll send out these IDs out tomorrow.

Please add yourself to the list if you wish to join in on the Worldwide release: the more the merrier!

Kind Regards
I
We live here.

Posted Feb 4, 2010, 9:33 pm Last edited Feb 4, 2010, 9:34 pm by Isobel&Neil
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

IDs for the WW random release sent out to BunTraveler and AbbyB - brilliantlyXX can you let me know how many and I will do them for you :)

Thanks for joining in - looking forward to seeing your new TVs :)
We live here.

Posted Feb 5, 2010, 7:20 am
babyamy
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to babyamy Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks for starting this again! My plan for this year is to release some croucheted TVs. I have so much left over yarn and some great pattern for little ghosts, now I have finally a reason to make them. :)
I'll let you know when need the IDs.
~I have moved, please contact me for my new address~

My TVs:
Kamie is lost in the USA
Wieka is in Brasil
Etwas is lost on the way to Argentina
Dusel is in Norway
Zipfelchen is lost on the way to Canada

My wild Ones: Swap, Swep, Swip, Swop, dideldum, dideldei, Lane, Lene and Line, Mr Cache and Hoernchen

Posted Feb 7, 2010, 8:01 pm
brilliantlyxx
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to brilliantlyxx Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I plan to go through my basement tomorrow and see what little toys I can find to be TVs, so I'll let you know then. :)
My Voyagers:
Chance is in Australia as part of the WTVT
Penny is in Brazil!
Noelle is stuck in Europe
PookyBear is stuck in Colorado
Izzie is stuck in California
Blue Boy is somewhere between Missouri & Michigan.

Wild Release TVs:

Holly, Fargo, Sarver, Skip, Harmon, Lionel, Alden, Isaiah, Elvis Bearsley.

PM me if you would like to host one of my TVs.
Posted Feb 8, 2010, 6:06 am
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to becka_kate Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

AbbyB said:

Oh!  I should release a toy or two in Fiji!  Maybe at the resort we'll be staying at when we are doing our excavation.

Definitely - the only toys I've ever had picked up were released while I was travelling (tho one was Linda's - does that count???) - one on the Amtrak out of Eugene and one I left in the HI in Washington DC in a bookshelf in the common area.

I'm in! Will have to search out some toys.... I know I refound some that I got from the 'old' foster?? home system .......
"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off." -Helen Exley

Friend of: Kalli, C.K. (MIA in the US), Froddo, Candy CottonDottie Grace (Still travelling), Tamalyn (hiding out in Canada) Zahli, Barclay, Kellie Koala& Tilda

Friends in the Wild: Slinkee Snake, Ms Millie, Violet May, Elefunk, Shriek, Eureka Bear, Bonza Roo, Daisy Bear, Elouera, Alby, Thiele, Bree Bear, Fred A’bear, Kograh, Rosetta, Kismet, Huggles & Gretel,Previous host to:  Emma, Greedy,
Iago, Hugo, Kroko, Lollipop, Paula, Steve, Misko, Winnie the Pooh, Her Highness QueenElizabethI, Kari, Tippi, Taro, Seamus, PampleMoose, Berlin Bear, Mario, Mei, (Playmo)Bill, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon, HoppyVanderHare, JamaBanaDukLuv, Elisabeth & Cassiopeia(twice).

My flickr photo collections

Posted Feb 8, 2010, 7:44 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Updated first post - please join in if you can :)
We live here.

Posted Feb 11, 2010, 9:23 am
vivyanhui
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Hong Kong

Send a personal messsage to vivyanhui Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Get to know this event from my TV's travelog updates,
sounds interesting!
I would like to release one~ And it's great that there's enough time for me to prepare for it...
Just one thing to worry is that seems not many suitable places for releasing in Hong Kong... :(
my TVs >
Regit Brown is staying with Abby in US, dear Abby, please contact me if you see this~
dotdog is now in Japan.
snakey is heading to Germany (RR)~

wild ones > vili  ||  vala  ||  vele  ||  vulu

waiting for >
Pauli from Germany (Nov)
Mr.Shaun from Germany (Dec/Jan)
Tomi the Bear from Germany (Feb)
Chrissy from Germany (late May - late June)

currently hosting >
King Tut from Canada  ||  Frankie_Blue from Germany (WTVT)  ||  Flossie from USA (RR)

already sent > SunnyHH to USA (RR)

Posted Feb 12, 2010, 7:32 am
vivyanhui
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Hong Kong

Send a personal messsage to vivyanhui Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

ya, btw, where can I check out the past posts about the Worldwide Random Release? :rolleyes:
my TVs >
Regit Brown is staying with Abby in US, dear Abby, please contact me if you see this~
dotdog is now in Japan.
snakey is heading to Germany (RR)~

wild ones > vili  ||  vala  ||  vele  ||  vulu

waiting for >
Pauli from Germany (Nov)
Mr.Shaun from Germany (Dec/Jan)
Tomi the Bear from Germany (Feb)
Chrissy from Germany (late May - late June)

currently hosting >
King Tut from Canada  ||  Frankie_Blue from Germany (WTVT)  ||  Flossie from USA (RR)

already sent > SunnyHH to USA (RR)

Posted Feb 12, 2010, 7:34 am
pegger
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to pegger Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I will be a part of it too. But at the moment I donnot know how many toys I will have.

Posted Feb 12, 2010, 9:51 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Thanks for joining in to vivyanhui and pegger - as long as it's safe to do so you can leave TVs anywhere - we've left them in cafes, bookshops, libraries as well as tourist and beauty spots.

Anyone else?
We live here.

Posted Feb 14, 2010, 5:53 pm
MorgenSter
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Brazil

Visit MorgenSter's web site Send an ICQ messsage to MorgenSter Send a message to MorgenSter with Yahoo! Messenger View MorgenSter's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to MorgenSter Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I would like to try it. I was afraid of leaving one of mine into the wild because of the limit... but if this one won't count as one of the 5... I'm definetelly up for it... i'm so curious to see how it will work and i already know where to take it... it will definetelly find someone there :D

I want to be a part of it and I'll be releasing it in The Netherlands.

Thanks in advance :D
Hello!!! I would be pleased to host any of your toys, if you would like to send it here to Brazil, send me a PM and we can arrange it :D

My Voyagers :Bombus, Freyr,Vakinas,Bidu, Fizzy
Currently hosting : ,Penny, Drilo,Fed
Hosted: Atta, Dottie Mouse, Regina,Ollie Kikabeer,BallyLightning Jones,Cassiopeia,Eeyore Cutie, Wieka

Posted Feb 23, 2010, 9:11 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Thanks to all joining in - please encourage others to take part!
We live here.

Posted Feb 23, 2010, 10:11 pm
MorgenSter
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Brazil

Visit MorgenSter's web site Send an ICQ messsage to MorgenSter Send a message to MorgenSter with Yahoo! Messenger View MorgenSter's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to MorgenSter Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm already encouraging my friends to join as well! I think it's a great project :D The more participants the more the chances of a larger number os tvs being found and uploaded :D
When we get the ID for this project ? I assume everyone will get at the same time a bit before the release!!!
Hello!!! I would be pleased to host any of your toys, if you would like to send it here to Brazil, send me a PM and we can arrange it :D

Hosted: Atta, Dottie Mouse, Regina,Ollie Kikabeer,BallyLightning Jones,Cassiopeia,Eeyore Cutie, Wieka

*Posted Feb 24, 2010, 1:25 pm
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to miapearl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I am definitely interested - don't know yet how many though to do.
If you are interested in hosting any of my toys please message me, or post in the appropriate toys looking for hosts thread.

[note to self]Organise an itinerary for the toys, and not organise hosts at the last minute[/note to self]

Mira has arrived at her new host, another Postcrosser :) and Alfie should be with another Postcrosser!
Do not be afraid to say you would like to host one of my travelling toys!
Toys lost? Misty Rose Baconella Hoots  Bubo  Lintilla - on the lookout for replacements from charity shops.

I have taken on more activities/commitments/responsibilities... still adjusting and may be a bit slow with updates...

Posted Feb 26, 2010, 6:56 pm
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit BlackCat's web site Send a personal messsage to BlackCat Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I will join this as well. Sort out a lot Toys for it already and will ask for numbers later :)!
If you want to be hosted - just let me know.

Sadly my dear Wauzi moved to his dad...so now I have sweet little Jonathan to stay with me all the time. He is a stay-at-home Voyager.

If you want me to host your toy, please read this:
http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=1617 *no spaces available in 2015*

Posted Mar 9, 2010, 9:23 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Thanks blackcat, miapearl and MorgenSter for your interest - just let us know how many IDs you need (PM Isobel&Neil is best) and we will sort out your IDs for the Worldwide Release.

Looking forward to seeing your travellers online soon (and must get on with doing ours!)

Thanks for your support
Kind Regards
I&M
We live here.

Posted Mar 10, 2010, 6:29 pm
MorgenSter
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Brazil

Huuum... I'll try just one hehehe Let's see what happens. I'd like one ID only then :D

Posted Mar 11, 2010, 9:09 am
Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable