ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Improvements to the site » "Wiki" links

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
"Wiki" links, [[link]] instead of [url][/url]
ondrejliska
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Group: Members

Czech Republic

Send an email to ondrejliska Send a personal messsage to ondrejliska Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi,
I have a suggestion about links. When someone's writing a post about some user or ToyVoyager and wants to leave a link referring to this user/TV, he has to search the exact URL address and then use the [url] tag. It would be much easier, if the "wiki" notation was also enabled (e.g. if I could just write [[ondrejliska]] instead of [url=http://www.toyvoyagers.com/index.php?a=profile&w=730]ondrejliska[/url]).
Is it possible for you, or is it too complicated?
My ToyVoyagers: Bestik, Ruzovacek

Currently hosting: Mandarin, Mumble, Dottie Grace

I have hosted: Struppi, Smooch, Filibert, Florence, Taro, Majed, Small Fry, Robinson, Fusco

Hosting soon: Blaze

Posted Jul 1, 2007, 11:18 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks ondrejliska - this is a good idea - we will add it to the list and look into it.

Kind regards,

Isobel and Neil
We live here.

Posted Jul 3, 2007, 7:36 am
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

We have now added two buttons in the text editor:
'User' and 'ToyVoyager'

To reference a User or a ToyVoyager in your forum post or Travelog update, type the name, highlight the text and click on either the User or the ToyVoyager button. It will display like this in your text editor:

[usr]ondrejliska[/usr]

[tv]Travel Ted[/tv]

Then when you view your post it will display as a link to either the user profile or the ToyVoyager travelog:

ondrejliska

Travel Ted

Hope this helps, let us know if you find any issues.

One minor issue - currently it does not work for users/ToyVoyagers who have '&' in their user name (such as us!)
We live here.

Posted Jul 4, 2007, 8:22 am Last edited Jul 4, 2007, 8:25 am by Isobel&Neil
ondrejliska
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Group: Members

Czech Republic

Send an email to ondrejliska Send a personal messsage to ondrejliska Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

You're great :D I didn't expect you would sort it out so quickly. Thank you!
My ToyVoyagers: Bestik, Ruzovacek

Currently hosting: Mandarin, Mumble, Dottie Grace

I have hosted: Struppi, Smooch, Filibert, Florence, Taro, Majed, Small Fry, Robinson, Fusco

Hosting soon: Blaze

Posted Jul 4, 2007, 5:44 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable