ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » ToyVoyagers Cafe » photos / photoprogams

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
photos / photoprogams
fam-united

Member Level

Group: Members

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I just thought I should share this:
Today I worked with photoscape. I had a photo with Kari, our own toyvoyager, which was too dark and I had my fingers on it. I used clone on photoscape and made the photo lighter and sharper. Here you see the original photo:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1287/4671097521_e2e0b5b111_b.jpg

and here's the photo after I worked with photoscape.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4671097467_f9644e1604_b.jpg

I would be happy to read about the way you try to work on the photos, if you think, they aren't too well, but you don't want to delete them too.

Posted Jun 5, 2010, 1:51 pm
egn
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Lithuania

Send an email to egn Send a personal messsage to egn Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I use a special program, which was added with my Olympus e 520, when I bought it. Although, I wish I can use it more often, but unfortunately I have so few time. And I just love when photos has warm (red, light brown) tones. You can see some photos with this effect in travelog of Squizzle and Drovius. I'll try to make some nice photosessions with TV's that I am hosting now.
I just love making photos with TVs as they are so photogenic  :D :D
My TVs:
Apelsinas is in UK.
Drovius is in Austria, Graz.
Miegalyte is in Germany.
With me:
Bella de Koe, Ezhik, Pepita, Boo Boo, Snuttig
Have a nice trip:
S
MrCoolHH
Squizzle.
Waiting for:
Little (I hope she isn't lost...), Doodles  (in December) , Regina (in the middle of June-July)
http://www.postcrossing.com/user/egn
I want to exchange local sweets. Write a PM.
I'm a host on the European ToyVoyager Trail (ETVT)

Posted Jun 5, 2010, 2:51 pm Last edited Jun 10, 2010, 9:17 am by egn
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I wanted to convert a picture to black&white but leave the tv (or something else) in color.
Does anybody know how to do that with photoscape?
I was thinking about changing to GIMP. Does someone have experience with that?
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Jun 9, 2010, 9:03 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I tried something similiar with Kari last September. I think, it should work with photoscape, but have to take a look at it first.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2544/3900639139_50394682a1.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3433/3901421454_7ac48c8b5b.jpg

There should be a second photo, but flickr doesn't work properly once more. I start to hate flickr and the other online photo albums.

Posted Jun 9, 2010, 9:11 pm Last edited Jun 9, 2010, 9:17 pm by fam-united
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

You can achieve this with "Filter", "Bereich - Out of Focus", than you choose "Graustufen" on the left side and put the marker where you want your photo coloured instead of b/w.

Attached file: TEST.JPG (77 downloads)
TEST.JPG
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Jun 9, 2010, 9:28 pm
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Yes, that is what I was looking for. But with photoscape I can't find a brush tool that's precise enough.
I would like the flower and Crush to be in color and the background to be grey.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/Apperveilchen/Crush/P6052370.jpg
If I use the out of focus function, I can only make a circle or a stripe of the picture grey/color, which isn't working with this form.
In other programms, one can put the grey like a layer over the whole picture and then use a brush tool to kind of erase the layer where one wants the color and it shows back up.
Or one can use a brush or something to select the parts that should be turned grey and only convert those to greyscale.
I haven't found such tools (brushes or other precise selection tools) in photoscape. If I use pencil or brush there I have only figured out how to draw on the picture, or how to select circle or rectangles again. The help pages aren't immensely helpful there either and I haven't found tutorials.

my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Posted Jun 9, 2010, 10:39 pm Last edited Jun 9, 2010, 10:41 pm by Apperveilchen
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

No, you cannot do this with PhotoScape. My daughter is using PhotoFiltre, also a free software. I know that she can cut out parts of a photo, it works like the "Magical lasso" (I don't know if this is the correct name for the "Magisches Lasso" in PhotoShop). She often combines both softwares.

To solve your problem she would cut out the flower with the turtle. Then she would turn the complete photo into b/w and insert the coloured part again.
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Jun 10, 2010, 7:35 am
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Thank you for the help!
I do like photoscape, though and the "out of focus" function also works well for sharpening only the tv (if you use "invert selection" and "sharpening") if it's neccessary because the little guy was a bit close to the camera.

Posted Jun 10, 2010, 9:26 am
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable