ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Improvements to the site » Listing members by country

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Listing members by country , Please take this into consideration
MorgenSter
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Group: Members

Brazil

Visit MorgenSter's web site Send an ICQ messsage to MorgenSter Send a message to MorgenSter with Yahoo! Messenger View MorgenSter's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to MorgenSter Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi! I had sort of discussed it with LittleBlogFrog at another forum here and we agreed that it can be hard finding hosts for our toys, specially when considering if they are active, newbies, etc.

So we were thinking of a way to make our problems be smaller... Many times I wonder here in the forum looking for hosts of specific countries I wanted my toys to go to. The forum can be quite quiet (even if the travelogs are constantly being updated) and most hosts, the good ones, donīt come here advertising all the time.

So itīs a small battle, I come here look at old topic, try to find the right host, most arenīt active anymore, so i go to some tvs travelog and keep looking for the right places and hosts.
I wanted a page (sort of like the yearbook for the tvs) that would list all active hosts (active in the past 30 days for an example) divided by country . Maybe not even the active, but everyone. So i could easily go there and check if a certain country i want my toy to go to has any active hosts willing to host mine!

I know it was suggested that we did the same for the toys, I find it a great idea and I made a comment about it, but that is just because we would like to see it. This here is a way to make things faster and simpler...

Please, take this into consideration... or make any improvements to this sort of idea so we could look for the hosts not only by advertisiments.

Also, there was an idea to make a rating system like swap-bot has. To be able to give certain host stars for mailing the toy when told to, updating travelog or keeping in touch with the owner .

Thanks
Byeee
Hello!!! I would be pleased to host any of your toys, if you would like to send it here to Brazil, send me a PM and we can arrange it :D

My Voyagers :Bombus, Freyr,Vakinas,Bidu, Fizzy
Currently hosting : ,Penny, Drilo,Fed
Hosted: Atta, Dottie Mouse, Regina,Ollie Kikabeer,BallyLightning Jones,Cassiopeia,Eeyore Cutie, Wieka

Posted Nov 5, 2010, 12:09 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I find a good tool is the 'Forum Members' List. You can click on the categories and it will reorganize the list for you. Some of them aren't very useful, but clicking on 'Posts' will give you a list of who has been particularly active, and clicking on 'Last Visit' will give you a list of who has been active recently, and their country. There is also a 'Country' list too, but if you are trying to search through that, it can be rather tedious.

Most of the 'good' hosts don't advertise on the forums because they have enough requests through PMs, or because they only want to host one or to TVs at a time. I only post on the forum if I haven't had any requests for a while, and then it usually keeps me going for a number of months. I almost never use the forum to find hosts for my TVs.
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Nov 5, 2010, 6:46 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

That's the way I find hosts too, just like AbbyB said. I usually don't search for hosts via forum, but via the members list. I also ask owners, if they want to send a tv to me and I recieve pms with requests, if I want to host one of their tvs.

Posted Nov 5, 2010, 10:55 pm
MorgenSter
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Brazil

Visit MorgenSter's web site Send an ICQ messsage to MorgenSter Send a message to MorgenSter with Yahoo! Messenger View MorgenSter's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to MorgenSter Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thankyou. I didn't know I could look for hosts that way too, at the member list! I'll try it out next time!!! :DDDD Thankyou so much ;)
Hello!!! I would be pleased to host any of your toys, if you would like to send it here to Brazil, send me a PM and we can arrange it :D

My Voyagers :Bombus, Freyr,Vakinas,Bidu, Fizzy
Currently hosting : ,Penny, Drilo,Fed
Hosted: Atta, Dottie Mouse, Regina,Ollie Kikabeer,BallyLightning Jones,Cassiopeia,Eeyore Cutie, Wieka

*Posted Nov 8, 2010, 12:47 am
indrarado
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to indrarado Visit indrarado's web site Send a personal messsage to indrarado Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

but there is one thing to improve on this.

you can list members by country. but if you like a country with first letter in the middle of the alphabet you have to click through all the other country sides before. that can be up to 400 sites!

so maybe you can add a "got to side number" button
or better if you click on the letter (right, top) show not the names of member but the subject the list is sorted by. (is that understandable?)

thank you!
daniela
http://www.flickr.com/photos/indrarado

Posted Oct 31, 2011, 10:07 am
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable