ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Dazed and Confused? » Extras sent to host??

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Extras sent to host??
blockstar
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Group: Members

United States

Send a personal messsage to blockstar Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi there, I am new to all of this and I was wondering what the policy was about what all to send with my TV.

Obviously the TV but anything else??

*some people send a "book" what is this?
*What a small token of appreciation to the host, maybe a postcard or something?
*What do hosts like to receive as a small token of appreciation?
*anything else??

Thank you all!
@Smokey is at home, getting ready to visit @aileen in Gemany!
@Sierra is at home, getting ready to visit @kcrawfish in California!
@Sampson is at home, getting ready to leave for Germany, he will be staying with @RikeH first and then embarking on the European TVT!!

Posted Feb 4, 2011, 2:01 am
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

There are no rules :) Everyone can send what he likes - as long it does not violate customs regulations.

*some people send a "book" what is this?

A lot of ToyVoyagers have a notebook travelling with them. You can put photos in, write some information or stick bus tickets, vouchers etc. into it.

*What a small token of appreciation to the host, maybe a postcard or something?

A postcard is always great, most TVs are bringing a postcard to their new host, also when they are sent to their new host by their current host.

*What do hosts like to receive as a small token of appreciation?

I like little souvenirs from different coutries, e.g. fridge magnets, key rings, sweets .... I think that's what most hosts like to receive :)

*anything else??

I think it is important that all TVs have a proper attached travel tag, one, which should be tolerable to a little bit of rain. Please do not send anything with the TV which should be sent from host to host. Things like those often sink into oblivion when you are hosting a few TVs at a time. Four or six weeks later you often forget that the TV had stuff with it which is supposed to travel with the TV.
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Feb 4, 2011, 8:21 am
blockstar
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to blockstar Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thank you so much for responding to my questions! I really appreciate it and your kindness. Thanks!!
@Smokey is at home, getting ready to visit @aileen in Gemany!
@Sierra is at home, getting ready to visit @kcrawfish in California!
@Sampson is at home, getting ready to leave for Germany, he will be staying with @RikeH first and then embarking on the European TVT!!

Posted Feb 4, 2011, 1:41 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable