ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » ToyVoyagers Cafe » How long does it take TVs to ...

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
How long does it take TVs to reach their destination?
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Group: Members

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Gizalba Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

So that I know what to expect, I wondered if members could share their experiences.

I heard someone mention that it can take a month to get from the UK to America, but is this normally the case or is it usually a bit quicker? What about travelling to the opposite side of the world; could that take more than a month? And would 1-2 weeks be expected for say, a bear to arrive from Ukraine to the UK? (I have a bear coming to mine from Ukraine and every day I jump out of bed and run to check the post! ;) )
Hello, I have been locked out of my account for a long time as I had forgotten my password. I had made another account (Gizalba2) so I was updating from there for a while, however I am back using this one now :)

TVs I still have whose owners have been absent for over a year:

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

If any of these owners come back and would like me to post these guys back to you, please let me know!

Posted May 12, 2011, 9:40 pm
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm afraid nobody can answer that question exactly. It depends of how fast the mail systems are working and the customs also. Sometimes a TV sent from Germany to the USA or Canada arrives at its destination within a few days, sometimes it takes up to three weeks.

Two years ago a TVs was sent to me from HongKong on April 30th and it arrived at my home on July 11th. It went through German customs - I think that was the reason for the delay.

When TVs are sent from Russia to Germany, it sometimes also takes three weeks, so Ukraine could also.

Even TVs sent within Europe - for example from Germany to the Netherlands (about 300 km, less than sending something from Northern Germany to Southern Germany) can take a week or longer.

Over the years I learned to be patient :)
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted May 12, 2011, 9:51 pm
HoBi
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to HoBi Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Ulrich from the Ukraine needed around a month to come to us in Germany...

Posted May 12, 2011, 10:08 pm
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Gizalba Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thankyou for your replies.

olgamaus - I am very inpatient! ;) I will try not to worry then and remember that even if it takes ages, it doesn't nessersarily mean the TV is lost.

Hobi - That puts my mind a bit more at rest - that the TV from Ukraine did finally get to you even when about a month had passed.
Hello, I have been locked out of my account for a long time as I had forgotten my password. I had made another account (Gizalba2) so I was updating from there for a while, however I am back using this one now :)

TVs I still have whose owners have been absent for over a year:

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

If any of these owners come back and would like me to post these guys back to you, please let me know!

Posted May 12, 2011, 11:29 pm
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to miapearl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Mail to the US, certainly packages, have to be "checked" what with the problems (e.g. printer cartridges, and other innocent things that could be made dangerous...).

Post to and from Europe can be quick though.

Squizzle was sent back to me from Canada in a week or two (sender was quoted 4-8 weeks!!!)

Russia can be interesting! Just looked at my Postcrossing stats - 19 days is average (17 days median) sent, and 25 days received.

Ukraine - my postcrossing stats average 16 days to receive from there.

When sending, don't forget a Customs form if sending outside the EU. I sent one toy to Russia without and it got there safely, and also another toy I sent there got there safely, but the postmaster made me fill out a customs form (CN22?)
If you are interested in hosting any of my toys please message me, or post in the appropriate toys looking for hosts thread.

[note to self]Organise an itinerary for the toys, and not organise hosts at the last minute[/note to self]

Mira has arrived at her new host, another Postcrosser :) and Alfie should be with another Postcrosser!
Do not be afraid to say you would like to host one of my travelling toys!
Toys lost? Misty Rose Baconella Hoots  Bubo  Lintilla - on the lookout for replacements from charity shops.

I have taken on more activities/commitments/responsibilities... still adjusting and may be a bit slow with updates...

Posted May 13, 2011, 12:36 am
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable