ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Competitions! » Photo Story Contest **CLOSED**

Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Photo Story Contest **CLOSED**, (handmade TV prizes)
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

United States

Visit klubwerks's web site Send an AIM message to klubwerks Send a message to klubwerks with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to klubwerks Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Join my contest to win a HANDAMADE, ONE OF A KIND, TV! This contest is great for mentors who have lost TV's in the past (but you don't have to have lost one to enter), because now you get a chance to have something unique. All you have to do is tell me a story with your TV's in photographs. The catch is that you cannot use words! Think of it like a silent movie.

Contest Rules:

1. No dialog words, thought bubbles, or text narration allowed. No description of the story is allowed either. You have to tell the story with only the pictures.
2. However, words on store signs, street signs, locations, and book titles are allowed. For introduction and credits purposes, names are also allowed.
3. The story must involve a TV.
4. There is a limit of 50 photos, but no minimum.
5. You may only submit one story.
6. Photos must be submitted by August 31st, Midnight CST (-6 GMT USA).

First place winner will get to choose their pick of handmade TV's, second place will choose from the remaining TV's, and third place wins the TV that is left. The prizes are a cute elephant, a soft white dragon, and a leopard print kitty with a bell (all handmade by me).

Attached file: elle1.png (611 downloads)
elle1.png

Attached file: elle2.png (610 downloads)
elle2.png

Attached file: dragon1.png (602 downloads)
dragon1.png

Attached file: dragon2.png (603 downloads)
dragon2.png

Attached file: jag1.png (601 downloads)
jag1.png

Attached file: jag2.png (612 downloads)
jag2.png
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Aug 9, 2011, 2:13 am Last edited Aug 14, 2011, 11:43 pm by klubwerks
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit BlackCat's web site Send a personal messsage to BlackCat Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Where should we post the stories? In the travelog and then send you the link?
If you want to be hosted - just let me know.

Sadly my dear Wauzi moved to his dad...so now I have sweet little Jonathan to stay with me all the time. He is a stay-at-home Voyager.

If you want me to host your toy, please read this:
http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=1617 *no spaces available in 2015*

Posted Aug 9, 2011, 1:23 pm
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Visit klubwerks's web site Send an AIM message to klubwerks Send a message to klubwerks with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to klubwerks Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

That would be fine! Here in the forum post or in the travel log are both acceptable. The travel log may make it more fun for the mentors ;-)
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Aug 10, 2011, 12:28 am
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Who is planning to do this contest?
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Aug 14, 2011, 5:52 pm
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Gizalba Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

May I ask - can people who have not lost TVs still enter the competition? It would be nice for someone who has lost one to win, but maybe I can submit a story just for fun or to make the competition bigger?

This contest is a really lovely idea btw :)
Hello, I have been locked out of my account for a long time as I had forgotten my password. I had made another account (Gizalba2) so I was updating from there for a while, however I am back using this one now :)

TVs I still have whose owners have been absent for over a year:

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

If any of these owners come back and would like me to post these guys back to you, please let me know!

Posted Aug 14, 2011, 6:36 pm Last edited Aug 14, 2011, 6:38 pm by Gizalba
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Yes, it's for everyone. I only said it was great for people who lost their TV's, not that you have to have lost one ;-) Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for the compliment. I have another contest for Halloween I'm preparing for winning a handmade TV. Hopefully some people will like them.
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Aug 14, 2011, 11:43 pm Last edited Aug 14, 2011, 11:45 pm by klubwerks
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Gizalba Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

klubwerks said:
Yes, it's for everyone. I only said it was great for people who lost their TV's, not that you have to have lost one ;-) Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for the compliment. I have another contest for Halloween I'm preparing for winning a handmade TV. Hopefully some people will like them.

Yay :D I will have a think about what to do for my story then (I'm not very good at being creative but I will have a go!) The halloween one sounds fun too!
Hello, I have been locked out of my account for a long time as I had forgotten my password. I had made another account (Gizalba2) so I was updating from there for a while, however I am back using this one now :)

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

If any of these owners come back and would like me to post these guys back to you, please let me know!

Posted Aug 15, 2011, 2:15 am Last edited Aug 15, 2011, 2:15 am by Gizalba
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Lovely idea!
We live here.

Posted Aug 16, 2011, 3:19 pm
LittleCableCars
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to LittleCableCars Send a personal messsage to LittleCableCars Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

klubwerks said:
Who is planning to do this contest?

I'll keep it in mind as the TV I'm hosting needs ideas for a new project since I didn't allow him to join Postcrossing (because he doesn't have a fixed address).  :). Yikes, he's staring me down now wanting to do it.  :)

Posted Aug 16, 2011, 4:59 pm
RikeH
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to RikeH Visit RikeH's web site Send a personal messsage to RikeH Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I am thinking about taking part in the contest.

Just need a good idea and the time :D
My ToyVoyagers :
PieksiHH stays with HoBi.
HolgiHH visits windy62.
PinkyHH stays with goldmoon.
UrselHH has fun with natalina

GustavHH, SunnyHH, NiliHH, TobiHH, ThomasHH and HelgaHH are at home.

UrselHH  the Second was kidnapped by EuroMaus.
MrCoolHH is LOST in Poland at inidhil.
KalliHH was kidnapped by Oppenheimer.
BineHH is lost on the way to vunder

And finally dicker Kumpel stays at home with me. He just started his own website - look here : Dicker Kumpel's website

Montgomery, Mephi,Sansone and Stoker are with me now. 

If you want to host one of my TVs, please send a PM! This year I prefer TV-Swaps.

Posted Aug 16, 2011, 8:44 pm
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Story Ideas!

Here are some ideas to get everyone thinking. Feel free to use these ideas or be inspired to make up your own.

* How you got your TV.

* A love story - how you fell in love, or won her heart, or how you rescued a damsel in distress!

* Journey to finding your TV's name.

* Story of a TV who was lost... or found!

* Story of someone you love.

* A space invasion.

* A moral story about something you feel strongly about, whether it's a story about anti-abuse, or anti-racism, or gay rights, or animal conservation, etc.

* Escape from evil children or a story about finding a home!

* A how-to story... this is how you make it... this is how you do it... etc.

* Something educational.

* The search for something... a friend, a lost item, a magic item, or a flower for medicine.

* An explorers story or chasing a dream. Maybe your TV wants to fly. Maybe he or she visits the ocean, a magical land, or another planet.

Hopefully these will inspire or work out for someone ;-)
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Aug 16, 2011, 9:05 pm Last edited Aug 16, 2011, 9:07 pm by klubwerks
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Thankyou very much for the ideas klubwerks! They have helped get my brain thinking. The space invasion one made me laugh :D

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

Posted Aug 16, 2011, 11:16 pm
LittleCableCars
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to LittleCableCars Send a personal messsage to LittleCableCars Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Here (16 August 2011) is my entry featuring Robby, Fam-United's little grey baby seal.

*Posted Aug 16, 2011, 11:21 pm
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

There's a couple of weeks left on the contest. Submissions are due by August 31st, Midnight CST (-6 GMT USA).

Don't be shy about submitting for the contest. We've only had one entry, and there are 3 prizes. Give it shot if you want to try it out!
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Aug 19, 2011, 3:15 pm
RikeH
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to RikeH Visit RikeH's web site Send a personal messsage to RikeH Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Here is my story  :D

you can see it in DuDette's travellog on the 18th of august, too.

I hope that you will have fun with the story.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu1.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu2.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu3.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu4.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu5.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu6.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu7.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu8.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu9.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu10.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu11.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu12.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu13.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu14.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu15.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu16.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu17.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/RikeH_2009/A%2011/Dudu18.jpg
My ToyVoyagers :
PieksiHH stays with HoBi.
HolgiHH visits windy62.
PinkyHH stays with goldmoon.
UrselHH has fun with natalina

GustavHH, SunnyHH, NiliHH, TobiHH, ThomasHH and HelgaHH are at home.

UrselHH  the Second was kidnapped by EuroMaus.
MrCoolHH is LOST in Poland at inidhil.
KalliHH was kidnapped by Oppenheimer.
BineHH is lost on the way to vunder

And finally dicker Kumpel stays at home with me. He just started his own website - look here : Dicker Kumpel's website

Montgomery, Mephi,Sansone and Stoker are with me now. 

If you want to host one of my TVs, please send a PM! This year I prefer TV-Swaps.

Posted Aug 19, 2011, 4:37 pm Last edited Aug 19, 2011, 4:38 pm by RikeH
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

I absolutely love the story Rike! Mischievious Mice ;) Rather romantic too, the napkins around their necks for the cheese meal are so cute.

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

Posted Aug 19, 2011, 5:12 pm
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to becka_kate Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Very cool story Rike - love the details; the candles, the napkins and it was very handy that the cheese was at just the right level in the fridge ;) I especially loved the creeping back into bed, no one being the wiser to their little adventure!!
Well done.
"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off." -Helen Exley

Friend of: Kalli, C.K. (MIA in the US), Froddo, Candy CottonDottie Grace (Still travelling), Tamalyn (hiding out in Canada) Zahli, Barclay, Kellie Koala& Tilda

Friends in the Wild: Slinkee Snake, Ms Millie, Violet May, Elefunk, Shriek, Eureka Bear, Bonza Roo, Daisy Bear, Elouera, Alby, Thiele, Bree Bear, Fred A’bear, Kograh, Rosetta, Kismet, Huggles & Gretel,Previous host to:  Emma, Greedy,
Iago, Hugo, Kroko, Lollipop, Paula, Steve, Misko, Winnie the Pooh, Her Highness QueenElizabethI, Kari, Tippi, Taro, Seamus, PampleMoose, Berlin Bear, Mario, Mei, (Playmo)Bill, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon, HoppyVanderHare, JamaBanaDukLuv, Elisabeth & Cassiopeia(twice).

My flickr photo collections

Posted Aug 20, 2011, 8:45 am
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

There is only 7 days left on this contest and only two people have submitted. I encourage more people to enter! There are 3 handmade prizes
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

*Posted Aug 26, 2011, 12:54 am
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

I'm 99% sure I will be entering this, although beware I tend to make full use of a deadline and only get things done just in time! (Not the most stress-free way to live my life but still). Just to let you know I haven't forgotten and I do think this is a great idea :)

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

Posted Aug 26, 2011, 1:45 am
Leslie
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Chile

Visit Leslie's web site Send a personal messsage to Leslie Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm already working on mine! :cyclops:
Sadly I'm not able to host for now.

Posted Aug 26, 2011, 1:54 am
Pages: << prev 1, 2, 3, 4 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable