ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Dazed and Confused? » What's with all the....

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
What's with all the...., "new members"
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to miapearl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Over 2000 "members" "joined" today... 33 are online right now...
And 45? out of the last 50 peeps online are "them"
If you are interested in hosting any of my toys please message me, or post in the appropriate toys looking for hosts thread.

[note to self]Organise an itinerary for the toys, and not organise hosts at the last minute[/note to self]

Mira has arrived at her new host, another Postcrosser :) and Alfie should be with another Postcrosser!
Do not be afraid to say you would like to host one of my travelling toys!
Toys lost? Misty Rose Baconella Hoots  Bubo  Lintilla - on the lookout for replacements from charity shops.

I have taken on more activities/commitments/responsibilities... still adjusting and may be a bit slow with updates...

*Posted Aug 10, 2011, 11:03 pm
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit BlackCat's web site Send a personal messsage to BlackCat Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

looks like spam bots when I see their names....
If you want to be hosted - just let me know.

Sadly my dear Wauzi moved to his dad...so now I have sweet little Jonathan to stay with me all the time. He is a stay-at-home Voyager.

If you want me to host your toy, please read this:
http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=1617 *no spaces available in 2015*

Posted Aug 10, 2011, 11:09 pm
Admin
Admin

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Yes, it's a spam program setting up new users - we have been fighting against them for a few weeks now, but recently they have upped their game and gone into overdrive!! I am working on some changes to the registrations screen that will *hopefully* stem the tide. Sorry for if it's spoiling anyone's experience of the site in the meantime.

Posted Aug 11, 2011, 9:04 am
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to miapearl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Another 1k joined since my last post!

(shame I can't really knit/crochet - would make a tin of spam toyvoyager!)
If you are interested in hosting any of my toys please message me, or post in the appropriate toys looking for hosts thread.

[note to self]Organise an itinerary for the toys, and not organise hosts at the last minute[/note to self]

Mira has arrived at her new host, another Postcrosser :) and Alfie should be with another Postcrosser!
Do not be afraid to say you would like to host one of my travelling toys!
Toys lost? Misty Rose Baconella Hoots  Bubo  Lintilla - on the lookout for replacements from charity shops.

I have taken on more activities/commitments/responsibilities... still adjusting and may be a bit slow with updates...

Posted Aug 11, 2011, 1:17 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Just thought the same, miapearl. It would be too good to have so many really nice new members. Right now you hardly find real members online in the list.

Posted Aug 11, 2011, 1:50 pm
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

When we started the site we used to dream of having thousands of members - I guess it's true that you should be careful what you wish for! ;)

Posted Aug 11, 2011, 1:56 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

okay:)
I will be careful from now on

Posted Aug 11, 2011, 1:57 pm
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Today we had about 6.500 members in the morning, now there are more than 8.000 ...
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Aug 11, 2011, 5:05 pm
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

It's prolific isn't it.
We seem to have peaked now at 9,641 members. I have added in a 'captcha' to the registration screen (it's a check to make sure you are human). Hopefully this will make it harder for people to add new members automatically. I guess we will have to wait and see!

Posted Aug 12, 2011, 8:04 am
becka_kate
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to becka_kate Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

A 'spam toyvoyager' - that I would love to see! :)

Its a shame that some people have so little in their lives to occupy themselves that they find spamming sites a fun way to pass the time.
"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off." -Helen Exley

Friend of: Kalli, C.K. (MIA in the US), Froddo, Candy CottonDottie Grace (Still travelling), Tamalyn (hiding out in Canada) Zahli, Barclay, Kellie Koala& Tilda

Friends in the Wild: Slinkee Snake, Ms Millie, Violet May, Elefunk, Shriek, Eureka Bear, Bonza Roo, Daisy Bear, Elouera, Alby, Thiele, Bree Bear, Fred A’bear, Kograh, Rosetta, Kismet, Huggles & Gretel,Previous host to:  Emma, Greedy,
Iago, Hugo, Kroko, Lollipop, Paula, Steve, Misko, Winnie the Pooh, Her Highness QueenElizabethI, Kari, Tippi, Taro, Seamus, PampleMoose, Berlin Bear, Mario, Mei, (Playmo)Bill, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon, HoppyVanderHare, JamaBanaDukLuv, Elisabeth & Cassiopeia(twice).

My flickr photo collections

Posted Aug 12, 2011, 11:16 am
kcrawfish
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to kcrawfish Visit kcrawfish's web site Send a message to kcrawfish with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to kcrawfish Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

A few months ago the website was assaulted with robots, too, but my post in "improvements to the site" suggesting Admin add a CAPTCHA to the registration was deleted for some reason -- as well as littlecablecar's reply -- but I'm glad you decided to add one anyway. I hope it'll help fend off the robots.
I love hosting -- but I am not available right now.  Wish I could, though!  Please read this.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If you experience any bad behavior on this site, please send a PM to Admin.  No need to take abuse even from a member claiming to be a top host.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
With her friends, http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Zoe/ZoeandtheGull-1.jpg found a way to fly in Finland where I hope she will stay forever.  It turns out she's more Finn than American. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/litup1_mini.jpg just lit up watching a beautiful Danish sunset.  Timothy III and http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/TV%20-%20Fiona%20Yenien/fionawith2llamas_mini.jpg were treasure hunters in Bolivia.  Henrik met http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Madeline%20Island%20July%202011/Trip%20to%20Mainland/Henriks%20trip/IMG_3054-1.jpg on the shelf of a Wisconsin shop.

Posted Aug 12, 2011, 4:56 pm Last edited Aug 12, 2011, 4:59 pm by kcrawfish
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Hi Kate -
No idea why that post would have been deleted - sorry about that. Adding the captcha has stemmed the flow, but the spam users are still being added unfortunately, just not at anything like the rate they used to be. Guessing it's human spammers now. Anyway we will keep an eye on it and try to keep hoovering them up.
Kind regards,
Neil

Posted Aug 12, 2011, 5:09 pm
MorgenSter
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Brazil

Visit MorgenSter's web site Send an ICQ messsage to MorgenSter Send a message to MorgenSter with Yahoo! Messenger View MorgenSter's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to MorgenSter Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Admin said:
When we started the site we used to dream of having thousands of members - I guess it's true that you should be careful what you wish for! ;)

Thats so true!!! Whenever we begin with anything, we dream of having it grow... many members... but truth be told, better to have active reliable few members than spam or flakers!!!
Hello!!! I would be pleased to host any of your toys, if you would like to send it here to Brazil, send me a PM and we can arrange it :D

My Voyagers :Bombus, Freyr,Vakinas,Bidu, Fizzy
Currently hosting : ,Penny, Drilo,Fed
Hosted: Atta, Dottie Mouse, Regina,Ollie Kikabeer,BallyLightning Jones,Cassiopeia,Eeyore Cutie, Wieka

Posted Aug 14, 2011, 5:09 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable