ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Dazed and Confused? » Average cost to mail TV from ...

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Average cost to mail TV from USA?
Tera
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Group: Members

United States

Send a personal messsage to Tera Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I am sure this will vary alot depending on where the TV is going and how large it is but I was just hoping to have a bit of an idea. Anyone want to share?
Poppy is on her way to Poland to visit ai
Mr. Roboto is off to Austria to visit kuschi
We are hosting Mr.Shaun,Clifford, and Malu

Posted Oct 22, 2011, 5:13 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I know, that we all should try to make our tvs not to heavy and large and only send tvs without anything else. I also asked our new members to choose tvs, which are lighter, when I've seen, that they were heavier than 150g.
I've heard, that sending from USA is rather expensive.

Posted Oct 22, 2011, 5:34 pm
LittleCableCars
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to LittleCableCars Send a personal messsage to LittleCableCars Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Generally, postage costs less than $5.00 and you do have to go to the post office to submit a customs form for all other countries. An exception to that may be the old-style Flat Stanley and Flat Sallys that maybe could be popped into a mailbox. I haven't seen any of those on this site.

Posted Oct 22, 2011, 8:00 pm
kcrawfish
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to kcrawfish Visit kcrawfish's web site Send a message to kcrawfish with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to kcrawfish Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

The heavier toys can be quite expensive to mail, so please include the weight of your toyvoy in the profile and include anything that goes with it in the weight. I don't mind a little journal or an internal squeaker or whatever else as long as it's accounted for in the profile so that I can choose not to host a toyvoy if I can't afford to mail it after its visit.

Thanks!
kate
I love hosting -- but I am not available right now.  Wish I could, though!  Please read this.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If you experience any bad behavior on this site, please send a PM to Admin.  No need to take abuse even from a member claiming to be a top host.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
With her friends, http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Zoe/ZoeandtheGull-1.jpg found a way to fly in Finland where I hope she will stay forever.  It turns out she's more Finn than American. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/litup1_mini.jpg just lit up watching a beautiful Danish sunset.  Timothy III and http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/TV%20-%20Fiona%20Yenien/fionawith2llamas_mini.jpg were treasure hunters in Bolivia.  Henrik met http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Madeline%20Island%20July%202011/Trip%20to%20Mainland/Henriks%20trip/IMG_3054-1.jpg on the shelf of a Wisconsin shop.

Posted Oct 22, 2011, 10:02 pm Last edited Oct 22, 2011, 10:04 pm by kcrawfish
Tera
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to Tera Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thank you for your input! I have been asked by some people to host quite large TV's and I thought they would probably cost alot to mail! For cost and ease of transportation I am going to stick to hosting only small TV's.
Poppy is on her way to Poland to visit ai
Mr. Roboto is off to Austria to visit kuschi
We are hosting Mr.Shaun,Clifford, and Malu

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 3:37 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable