ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » What's new? » Short Info for all NEWBIES

Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Short Info for all NEWBIES, In German and English
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Germany

Visit BlackCat's web site Send a personal messsage to BlackCat Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Für die Deutschen Infos einfach ein Stück runterscrollen!

Hello everyone who is new here :)!

It is great to have you here on our website, but there are some things you should think of when you want to send your toy around the world. I will give you a short info about it. If you need more infos, please write me a private message!

The right toy:
~small enough to fit in an envelope.
~not too heavy (less than 200g, if possible)
~not loved (it could get lost in the mail and you never see it again)

You want to host?:
~take your own toy around first and take a lot photos
~show them on its travelog
~please start with hosting 1 toy. It is a lot of work!
~think about the postage costs before you offer a place to host!
~Write the Updates in ENGLISH!!!

You want your toy to travel?
~look in the forum for hosts
~write to members who offer themselves as a host
~think about the postage costs you will have as well
~prepare your toy (make a sign with its ID and such)
~take a look on the last online time of the people you write to. If they weren't online since a month or two, it could be that they never come back.

If you need more infos, ask me.

Love,
Fabi

Hallo an alle Neulinge :)!

Hier mal eine kurze Info-Übersicht für euch, damit ihr gleich durchstarten könnt. Sollten trotzdem noch Fragen bestehen schreibt mich ruhig an!

DIE HAUPTSPRACHE HIER IST ENGLISCH! Wenn ihr das nicht versteht, solltet ihr euch das teilnehmen nochmal überlegen!

Das richtige Kuscheltier:
~nicht zu groß für einen A4 Luftpolsterumschlag
~nicht schwerer als 200g
~nicht zu beliebt (es könnte verloren gehen!!!)

Du möchtest Kuscheltiere bei dir aufnehmen:
~geh erstmal mit deinem Kuscheltier vor die Tür und mache Fotos
~update den Travelog von deinem Kuscheltier mit diesen Fotos
~Bitte fangt erstmal nur mit einem Toy an! Es kann ganz schöne Arbeit sein!
~Denk bitte an die Portokosten (in Deutschland 3.45 Euro ins Ausland)
~Die Updates müssen in ENGLISCH geschrieben werden!

Du möchtest dein Kuscheltier um die Welt schicken:
~schau im Forum nach Hosts
~schreibe an Mitglieder, die sich als Host anbieten
~denke auch hier ans Porto
~bereite dein Kuscheltier vor (ein Schild mit seiner ID und so was sollte sein)
~schau bitte immer, wann dein ausgesuchter Host das letzte Mal online war. Wenn er seit einem Monat oder länger nicht mehr da war, kann es sein, dass er niemals zurück kommt!

Wenn du noch mehr Infos brauchst, schreib mir eine Nachricht :)!

Liebe Grüße,
Fabi
If you want to be hosted - just let me know.

Sadly my dear Wauzi moved to his dad...so now I have sweet little Jonathan to stay with me all the time. He is a stay-at-home Voyager.

If you want me to host your toy, please read this:
http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=1617 *no spaces available in 2015*

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 1:46 pm Last edited Apr 6, 2014, 10:16 pm by BlackCat
Claudia
ToyVoyagers Fresher

Member Level

Austria

Send a personal messsage to Claudia Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hellooo :-)!
Do you have an ID for my lovley toy :D?
Thank you so much..
Nice greetings

*Posted Oct 23, 2011, 2:33 pm
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit BlackCat's web site Send a personal messsage to BlackCat Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

There is a special thread for it in the forum! Please ask for an ID there.
At the moment we don't have IDs to send out, we need to wait for new IDs, but hopefully we will have them this evening!
Please write in that part of the forum and you get the ID as soon as we have new ones!

Sadly my dear Wauzi moved to his dad...so now I have sweet little Jonathan to stay with me all the time. He is a stay-at-home Voyager.

http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=1617 *no spaces available in 2015*

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 2:39 pm
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Gizalba Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

These tips are great Blackcat, easy to read, short, and to the point! :)
Hello, I have been locked out of my account for a long time as I had forgotten my password. I had made another account (Gizalba2) so I was updating from there for a while, however I am back using this one now :)

TVs I still have whose owners have been absent for over a year:

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

If any of these owners come back and would like me to post these guys back to you, please let me know!

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 2:42 pm
Leslie
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Chile

Visit Leslie's web site Send a personal messsage to Leslie Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

How come I can never explain things so short and easy! hahaha
Sadly I'm not able to host for now.

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 3:14 pm
Leslee
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Leslee Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hey this is great! I like that you added this in German too. I wonder if anyone could translate this into other languages as google translate can sometimes make confusing translations.

Which is your first language Fabi?
My son's puppy Sam Sam is travelling home.
My voyagers Baby Gonga is resting and might come home soon and Mi Go is back home for a short rest.

Momo is travelling home to him Mum. Alien Queen and Karlie are still here but are having a rest awaiting further instructions from their Mothers.

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 3:35 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Oh we don't think, that it is a good idea to translate in each language. The language on the site is English. Right now it is just necessary to do it, because we write message after message. If there is another bunch of members from other countries, who need help, we still can think about it. I hope, that's okay for you, too.

We just want to avoid, that we can't read, what members write in the forum or travelogs.

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 3:43 pm Last edited Oct 23, 2011, 3:43 pm by fam-united
Leslee
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Leslee Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Oh yes I agree that things should be conducted in English, I was just thinking of how to make sure a new host who is not confident with English is very clear on the rules.

I had to get Google translate the other day to write to someone in German to make sure they truly understood because they were either struggling with their English or with the whole concept.
I like the info for Newbies above because I can direct that person there if they do return.
It was the first time I have ever felt the need because Google struggles with complex sentences and I couldn't break it down much smaller lol!

I suppose if a person struggles to cope with the English to grasp the rules they might also struggle to make updates.

So am I right that we have many German newbies due to the recent TV program?
My voyagers Baby Gonga is resting and might come home soon and Mi Go is back home for a short rest.

Momo is travelling home to him Mum. Alien Queen and Karlie are still here but are having a rest awaiting further instructions from their Mothers.

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 4:49 pm
kcrawfish
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to kcrawfish Visit kcrawfish's web site Send a message to kcrawfish with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to kcrawfish Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I love the idea, too, of having this translated into other languages in some easy to access place. That way I can send newbies with questions right there. Someone whose English isn't good enough to navigate all the details might still be able to do updates in English, for example, I am in Germany and here is the fill-in-the-blank castle. ;)

Might I add, too, to the set of instructions, that if you want to host, you should write updates in English. @Fabi, could you add that?

~kate
I love hosting -- but I am not available right now.  Wish I could, though!  Please read this.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If you experience any bad behavior on this site, please send a PM to Admin.  No need to take abuse even from a member claiming to be a top host.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
With her friends, http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Zoe/ZoeandtheGull-1.jpg found a way to fly in Finland where I hope she will stay forever.  It turns out she's more Finn than American. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/litup1_mini.jpg just lit up watching a beautiful Danish sunset.  Timothy III and http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/TV%20-%20Fiona%20Yenien/fionawith2llamas_mini.jpg were treasure hunters in Bolivia.  Henrik met http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Madeline%20Island%20July%202011/Trip%20to%20Mainland/Henriks%20trip/IMG_3054-1.jpg on the shelf of a Wisconsin shop.

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 5:39 pm
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Leslee said:
Which is your first language Fabi?

German :)!

I will add the info with the Updates in English :)!

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 6:31 pm
Leslee
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Then your English is fantastic. I appear to be missing the part of my brain that can learn a language.

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 10:16 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

It's getting better with each letter;)
What do you think, Fabi?

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 10:25 pm
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

I learnt it by doing ;)! In school I was so bad, that I had to repeat a class because of my English and I even had to leave the school then (English and French were too bad)...

So I started writing letters in English and now...;) People tell me it is great. My spoken English is just half as good as my written English ;)!

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 10:57 pm
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to miapearl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Use it don't lose it... I've forgotten French (other than le singe s'est rasé). I've forgotten a lot of German, though I remember vergessen but have forgotten to remember the German for "to remember" !
If you are interested in hosting any of my toys please message me, or post in the appropriate toys looking for hosts thread.

[note to self]Organise an itinerary for the toys, and not organise hosts at the last minute[/note to self]

Mira has arrived at her new host, another Postcrosser :) and Alfie should be with another Postcrosser!
Do not be afraid to say you would like to host one of my travelling toys!
Toys lost? Misty Rose Baconella Hoots  Bubo  Lintilla - on the lookout for replacements from charity shops.

I have taken on more activities/commitments/responsibilities... still adjusting and may be a bit slow with updates...

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 11:13 pm
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

miapearl said:
Use it don't lose it... I've forgotten French (other than le singe s'est rasé). I've forgotten a lot of German, though I remember vergessen but have forgotten to remember the German for "to remember" !

Erinnern ;)!

I will keep my English and my German. And maybe learn another language. French was never my kind of language. I didn't like it. :)

Posted Oct 24, 2011, 1:25 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Just like me, BlackCat:) I had the chance to make my Abitur with dropping my English lessons and started to write letters and emails and now I'm dreaming in English:) I won't forget it again as long as I'm working here.

To everyone:

Have a great day!

By the way: I wrote the following message to all members, who still are waiting for an ID:

Welcome to the toyvoyager family

I'm sorry, but I still have no IDs. I hope, you all will be patient. And there's no need to ask other members for IDs -  they don't give out IDs, because they have none. I will come back as soon as possible, but it might take a few hours to a few days. The admins are just people like you and me - working in a job, having a family to care for. They check in and watch the site and they know, I'm here to take care and I know, that there are many members, who are such a great help for me, when they take care in telling you all, what to do on this website. Just be patient, everyone will receive an ID and will be able to start his/her toyvoyager then.
In the meantime you can read several posts in the forum, which might help you to find the
right kind of toyvoyager
right host
right guest

Here are some links:

Info for Newbies

Idea for new hosts

Round Robin for New Members

selfmade tags for your new toyvoyager

Best wishes
Petra

Posted Oct 24, 2011, 5:04 am
L I M E T R E E
ToyVoyagers Fresher

Member Level

Italy

Send an email to L I M E T R E E Send a personal messsage to L I M E T R E E Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

"~nicht zu groß für einen A4 Luftpolsterumschlag "

MUSS es ein Luftpolsterumschlag sein oder reicht auch ein normaler?

Posted Oct 24, 2011, 10:04 am
nuriayasmin
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to nuriayasmin Send a personal messsage to nuriayasmin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Ich würde einen Luftpolsterumschlag empfehlen, weil die normalen Umschläge einfach zu schnell kaputtgehen, vor allem, wenn ein etwas größeres and nicht so flaches TV drin ist. Ich persönlich riskiere es nicht, dass mein TV nicht ankommt, weil ich am Umschlag gespart habe.

I'd recommend you to use a padded envelopes because paper envelope are too easily torn to pieces, especially when a bigger and not very flat TV is inside. Personally I won't risk it that my TV doesn't arrive because I tried to save money using a normal envelope.
ToyVoyagers I'm currently hosting:
Shesh (Germany)
Slowly-Slowly (Netherlands)

Posted Oct 24, 2011, 10:56 am
L I M E T R E E
ToyVoyagers Fresher

Member Level

Italy

Send an email to L I M E T R E E Send a personal messsage to L I M E T R E E Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

thanks for the info!

Posted Oct 24, 2011, 12:12 pm
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to miapearl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I usually use padded envelopes, ones I had either bought, or received DVDs in via Amazon and re-using them. Some TVs have come here in boxes, e.g. empty washing (or was it dishwasher?) powder boxes.
If you are interested in hosting any of my toys please message me, or post in the appropriate toys looking for hosts thread.

[note to self]Organise an itinerary for the toys, and not organise hosts at the last minute[/note to self]

Mira has arrived at her new host, another Postcrosser :) and Alfie should be with another Postcrosser!
Do not be afraid to say you would like to host one of my travelling toys!
Toys lost? Misty Rose Baconella Hoots  Bubo  Lintilla - on the lookout for replacements from charity shops.

I have taken on more activities/commitments/responsibilities... still adjusting and may be a bit slow with updates...

Posted Oct 24, 2011, 12:20 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable