ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Improvements to the site » PMs and Emails etc

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
PMs and Emails etc
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

These are the latest changes/ improvements to the site:

Emails
We now have:
Email notification when you've got a new PM (Alleycat)
Email notification when one of the ToyVoyagers on your MyVoyagers list gets a travelog update.
Bugfix: Email now working again for password reset

Member list
The member list now includes the date that the member was last active and the country.

Apostrophes should now display correctly
Bugfix - apostrophes did not display correctly in the View Voyagers screen and at the top of travelogs.  This is now fixed.

We live here.

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 11:08 am Last edited Sep 1, 2007, 11:08 am by Isobel&Neil
Prowl_Worshipper
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Australia

Send an email to Prowl_Worshipper Visit Prowl_Worshipper's web site Send a personal messsage to Prowl_Worshipper Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Fan-tas-tic!! Especially the PM notifications  B)

Prowl Worshipping is not an obsession, it's an ATTITUDE!

"It's not what I am on the inside, but what I do that defines me," Batman, Batman Begins.

Please PM me if you would like to host  Jimmy D Luke Chokito or Lydia!

Missing and sadly missed: Davy Rama Nutmeg Leonidas Pricey

I have hosted: Barclay Philéas (Playmo)Bill, Dilbert, Rangler, Twinette Kani, Boone Racoon Strider, Alpina, Seamus, Mousy Mouse, Chocolate, Flora, Pussy Galore, Theodore, Kari, Muki and Lucan

Currently hosting:

*I am NOT hosting Philèas. I wish I was. If you know how to contact CathyB please let me know*

Tvs gone FERAL! - Burble, Ziggy

Visit my Enchanted Kingdom Horses site!

*Posted Sep 1, 2007, 11:41 am
kristl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Technicals

Russian Federation

Send an email to kristl Visit kristl's web site Send an ICQ messsage to kristl View kristl's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to kristl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thank you!! The E-mail notifications help very much!!
Believing in the magic that I know could never be...
(c) Flight of Dragons

My ToyVoyagers Berlin Bear Éireannach Snegovik Tippi Strider Babylonie TibiPanda Charity Bear Trafalgar
Currently hosting Peachy Chai Vakinas
Hosted C.K. Luffy Bertold Kennedy Majed Purple Bun Archibald Bumba Gina Giraffe BearyLuv Eldon Rangler Curly Snowy NormaNikkers Squiggles Minerva Flora Helen Bear Decker Small Fry Dottie Grace Elisabeth Otto Smith Morado Mousy Mouse Fusco Robinson Donald, Beethoven

Would you like to host one of my ToyVoyagers? - See the TravelLists
ToyVoyagers on WWTVT & ETVT that are going to visit me

I'm TrailOrganiser and Host on the RTVT. Please contact me if you'd like your TV to visit Russia!

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 3:14 pm
ondrejliska
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Czech Republic

Send an email to ondrejliska Send a personal messsage to ondrejliska Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

That's great! B) I only have a little question:
As for the "Email notification when one of the ToyVoyagers on your MyVoyagers list gets a travelog update" - do have to activate this feature somehow, or will it start automatically?
My ToyVoyagers: Bestik, Ruzovacek

Currently hosting: Mandarin, Mumble, Dottie Grace

I have hosted: Struppi, Smooch, Filibert, Florence, Taro, Majed, Small Fry, Robinson, Fusco

Hosting soon: Blaze

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 3:49 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

It will start automatically :)
We live here.

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 3:56 pm Last edited Sep 1, 2007, 10:49 pm by Isobel&Neil
Mistigree
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

France

Send a personal messsage to Mistigree Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I was just wondering something : there is an email notification when one of the ToyVoyagers gets a travelog update, but is it only in this case, or is it in the case we edit the travelog too ?? (I asked that because I often do my updates using the "edit" function when I have many pictures to add for exemple, so I hope people don't receive an email each time I click on the edit button !!)
Thank you for letting us know.

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 9:45 pm
aelina
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to aelina Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Isobel&Neil said:
We now have:
Email notification when you've got a new PM

Now what if I don't want these notifications?

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 10:09 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

United Kingdom

Mistigree said:
... is it in the case we edit the travelog too ??

It is only when you create a new update that a Travelog email is sent.  When you use the edit screen it does not send an email.

aelina said:
Now what if I don't want these notifications?

Receiving an email notification when you have been sent a PM was the feature most requested by members as a way to improve the website and people's use of it.  To us it was important to make it available as soon as possible.

We will be adding something into the Control Panel that will enable you to switch the email notifications off.  We will let you know as soon as this is available.

We live here.

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 10:59 pm
aelina
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Australia

Send a personal messsage to aelina Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Isobel&Neil said:
We will be adding something into the Control Panel that will enable you to switch the email notifications off.  We will let you know as soon as this is available.

Thank you, that sounds great :)

Posted Sep 1, 2007, 11:03 pm
alleycat
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Israel

Visit alleycat's web site Send a personal messsage to alleycat Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Yay! :) Thank you so much for this option! :)

I think maybe it's worth having the PM and travelogs notifications separate, so people can switch on the PM notification but not travelog updates, if they're watching a lot of TVs.
It is never too late to have a happy childhood.
-----------

Posted Sep 2, 2007, 12:43 pm
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Ok, these are now available.

In Control Panel, under 'Edit Preferences' there are two new tick boxes that allow you to switch the PM and Travelog notification emails on/off.

:)

Posted Sep 2, 2007, 9:57 pm Last edited Sep 2, 2007, 11:00 pm by Admin
ChristinaB
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Austria

Send a personal messsage to ChristinaB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

That's great!

Just a question for the countries: Do the peoples' countries also appear under their avatar when they posted something or just on the member's list? It would be quite helpful to have them in the postings, too I think...

Posted Sep 3, 2007, 9:11 am
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi Christina,

Currently the country / flag only appears on the profile and member list. However - strangely enough we are currently working on getting country/flag onto the member details by posts and travelog updates. We started the work when we added the "last visited" info. It's almost there, we will let you know as soon as it is done.

Kind regards,

Isobel and Neil

Posted Sep 3, 2007, 1:00 pm Last edited Sep 3, 2007, 1:04 pm by Admin
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Country / flag is there now against forum updates, the Travelog changes will follow later...

If you cannot see a flag by your name it means your location details are not currently set. To set them, go to 'Control Panel', select 'Edit Profile' and choose your country from the list.

Posted Sep 3, 2007, 1:22 pm Last edited Sep 3, 2007, 1:23 pm by Admin
ChristinaB
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Austria

Send a personal messsage to ChristinaB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Wow, that's great - and really, really fast. Thanks a lot!!

Posted Sep 3, 2007, 8:33 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Wow, how long have I been away???? Three days and it seems I have to discover a lot of new things now.
Thanks a lot, Petra

Posted Sep 4, 2007, 10:52 am
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable