ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Dazed and Confused? » Updating a travelog too much?

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Updating a travelog too much?
Tera
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Group: Members

United States

Send a personal messsage to Tera Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

We are so excited to have mr.shaun and clifford with us and I have been taking them everywhere but don't want to update too much! Is everyday updates annoying? I know after the first week or so that we will have taken them to our normal things so there might not be as much to post. But while we have the pictures and the experience should I still post...even if it is like 5 days in a row?

For me I would think that the more posts the better but might be the odd one out on that.

:)
Poppy is on her way to Poland to visit ai
Mr. Roboto is off to Austria to visit kuschi
We are hosting Mr.Shaun,Clifford, and Malu

Posted Nov 3, 2011, 10:23 pm
Tomi
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Tomi Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

i have the same opinion :) more = better :)
Inactive because of school!

My ToyVoyagers:
Tomi the Bear is at home
Froggy the Frog  got lost on the way from Katara back to me
Thomas the Bear is at home
Timmy the Bear is at home
Frank the Bear is at home
Tim the Bear is at home
Penny the Cat is at home
Tommy the Bear is at home

Posted Nov 3, 2011, 10:27 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Nobody can update a travelog too often - with one exception: If you write updates without toyvoyager photos or with only blurry shots of the tv. But both doesn't count for you Tera, so go ahead and write updates as often as you like and as you find time:) We all will be happy.

Greetings, Petra

Posted Nov 3, 2011, 10:29 pm
Tera
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to Tera Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

fam-united said:
Nobody can update a travelog too often - with one exception: If you write updates without toyvoyager photos or with only blurry shots of the tv. But both doesn't count for you Tera, so go ahead and write updates as often as you like and as you find time:) We all will be happy.

Greetings, Petra

Awe thanks Petra :)

Off to post some updates :)

Posted Nov 3, 2011, 10:53 pm
Leslie
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Chile

Visit Leslie's web site Send a personal messsage to Leslie Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Annoying?? Gosh no! the more the better! :)
Sadly I'm not able to host for now.

Posted Nov 4, 2011, 1:01 am
Tera
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United States

Got them both updated :) Tomorrow we are going to try and head outside for some nature shots.

Posted Nov 4, 2011, 3:06 am
vivyanhui
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Hong Kong

Send a personal messsage to vivyanhui Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

for me, I don't update everyday, but used to have a batch of them to write when I have the photos re-sized. ;)
my TVs >
Regit Brown is staying with Abby in US, dear Abby, please contact me if you see this~
dotdog is now in Japan.
snakey is heading to Germany (RR)~

wild ones > vili  ||  vala  ||  vele  ||  vulu

waiting for >
Pauli from Germany (Nov)
Mr.Shaun from Germany (Dec/Jan)
Tomi the Bear from Germany (Feb)
Chrissy from Germany (late May - late June)

currently hosting >
King Tut from Canada  ||  Frankie_Blue from Germany (WTVT)  ||  Flossie from USA (RR)

already sent > SunnyHH to USA (RR)

Posted Nov 4, 2011, 4:41 am
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

more the better! :-)

sometimes i don't update for a while - but a lot of the time when i do update it's up to 11 updates at a time (such as when i go on holiday and they visit the different locations)
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Nov 4, 2011, 7:49 am
Noisy
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Noisy Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I Think there couldn't be enough news from your own TV :-)

Quite now, I'm collecting fotos of the TVs staying with me, than I want to sort and post when I've enough time for it.
But I think, if I wait too long and collect too much photos, it could be difficult to post them once at all...

But I'm still learning to handle it the right way ;-)

BTW I make notes whereever I take pictures, so I can remember at everything what has happened.
And I make notes from what I want to do with the TVs and what I want to visit and from what I want to take pictures ...

LG Noisy

Posted Nov 4, 2011, 8:46 am Last edited Nov 4, 2011, 8:49 am by Noisy
kcrawfish
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to kcrawfish Visit kcrawfish's web site Send a message to kcrawfish with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to kcrawfish Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

If I have several updates to do, I usually wait to post them one per day to spread the joy. 
I love hosting -- but I am not available right now.  Wish I could, though!  Please read this.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If you experience any bad behavior on this site, please send a PM to Admin.  No need to take abuse even from a member claiming to be a top host.
With her friends, http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Zoe/ZoeandtheGull-1.jpg found a way to fly in Finland where I hope she will stay forever.  It turns out she's more Finn than American. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/litup1_mini.jpg just lit up watching a beautiful Danish sunset.  Timothy III and http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/TV%20-%20Fiona%20Yenien/fionawith2llamas_mini.jpg were treasure hunters in Bolivia.  Henrik met http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Madeline%20Island%20July%202011/Trip%20to%20Mainland/Henriks%20trip/IMG_3054-1.jpg on the shelf of a Wisconsin shop.

Posted Nov 4, 2011, 11:58 am
zwieback
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to zwieback Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

My opinion is to update only every intresting fact or photo.
I saw updates that show three times almöst the same picture. That is not news.
Try to select the photos first. Two good pictures are better than six blurred plus a good one!
I think it is not necessary to update every day if nothing happend just to show that you are a good host.
http://media.buch.de/img-adb/14281162-00-00/einen_toast_auf_den_gastgeber.jpg
A good host has fun with its guest
and even one update that shows that is useful.
;)
Auch der längste Weg beginnt mit dem ersten Schritt
even the longest trail starts with the first step
最も長い足跡さえ第一歩で始まります。
Nicht der Wind, sondern das Segel bestimmt die Richtung.
not the wind but the sail determines the direction.
風ではなく航海が指示を決定します。
(Chinesisches Sprichwort/chinese saying/ 中国語の格言 )

Dame Zwie-Drach with Kristykirkpatrick somewhere in Texas

Mr.Zwie-Mueller returned from fam-united
Mr.Zwie-Fox returned from LadyButterfly @the Oberlausitz
Flori Zwie-Baer returned from  Katie
Miss Zwie-Tea also stays here
Blue Zwie-Brat has settled down at TV-Hotel****
==================================
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
hosting

Gone:
Madagascar celebrity Private stayed in Room 102
Guest Cassiopeia  stayed in Room 100 (The Beach)  went somewhere in Dubai
Guest Börnie  stayed in Room 101

Guest kikuchan from 日本(Japan) stayed in Room 102

at the moment: 

TV-hotel ****  construction finished
please ask
->available on request

bookings:  one vacancy

*Posted Nov 10, 2011, 7:54 am
MamiTig
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Visit MamiTig's web site Send a personal messsage to MamiTig Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Personally, I like lots of posts, and I find everyday stuff interesting. Like, what does your house look like, what is on your book shelf, what are you cooking? I like TV peeks into everyday life just as much as the sightseeing.
- MamiTig

Posted Nov 10, 2011, 1:23 pm
kcrawfish
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to kcrawfish Visit kcrawfish's web site Send a message to kcrawfish with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to kcrawfish Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I wouldn't want to inhibit anyone's creative process.  I would advise to look at the photos people have taken of their own toys or of their guests, and you'll see if you like their style.  If you don't, don't ask them to host.  In the meantime, why not focus on sharing what we like not what we dislike.  Sorry to sound preachy, but if people just do what inspires them individually as hosts, we won't have a bunch of identical cookie-cutter updates.  And variety is the spice of tv life! 
I love hosting -- but I am not available right now.  Wish I could, though!  Please read this.
If you experience any bad behavior on this site, please send a PM to Admin.  No need to take abuse even from a member claiming to be a top host.
With her friends, http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Zoe/ZoeandtheGull-1.jpg found a way to fly in Finland where I hope she will stay forever.  It turns out she's more Finn than American. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/litup1_mini.jpg just lit up watching a beautiful Danish sunset.  Timothy III and http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/TV%20-%20Fiona%20Yenien/fionawith2llamas_mini.jpg were treasure hunters in Bolivia.  Henrik met http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Madeline%20Island%20July%202011/Trip%20to%20Mainland/Henriks%20trip/IMG_3054-1.jpg on the shelf of a Wisconsin shop.

Posted Nov 10, 2011, 3:01 pm
nuriayasmin
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to nuriayasmin Send a personal messsage to nuriayasmin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I've never been the kind of person who takes hundreds of photos on one occasion (I'm a pre-digital camera person after all ;) ) so in general my updates don't have dozens of photos where the tv can be well seen and isn't blurry but the background is also all right. It doesn't always work out but I hope to get better!

I like to get many updates for my TV's but they mustn't contain many photos. A bit of text is also fine, I guess I just like to hear something. On the other hands I know how quicky a week can pass by when you're busy and there simply wasn't time for any updates. And I also like alll kind of photos, some people are so extremely good at arranging scenes with their TV's at home, I love that as much as any sightseeing photo.

Daniela
ToyVoyagers I'm currently hosting:
Shesh (Germany)
Slowly-Slowly (Netherlands)

Posted Nov 10, 2011, 3:05 pm
Kristykirkpatrick
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United States

Send an email to Kristykirkpatrick Visit Kristykirkpatrick's web site Send a message to Kristykirkpatrick with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to Kristykirkpatrick Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

The more the better! :D  I love seeing what my TV is up to. <3 to MamiTig for the great updates done for Nolan! I don't think everyday is too frequent. I check Nolan's page every chance I get. I can only update every few days myself because of computer access. Wish I could do more frequent updates....and saving for a camera to get better, bigger pics of the TVs.
~Kristy Kirkpatrick Hotel Trail Coordinator
Concierge Texas travel log shows all going on at Travel Inn Texas!

Travel Inn Texas visitors:
1 vacancy- minis only. 3" or smaller. padded envelope traveler preferred.

Travel Inn voyagers at home:
Nolan
Concierge Texas Concierge for Travel Inn Texas

Traveling Toyvoyagers
Arty Bunneh visiting ladybutterfly
Leif E redswan! Going on travels to celebrate Leif Erikson Day! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Erikson_Day  for more info on Leif Erikson Day!

Upcoming Events:
possible voyage to South Mississippi in Summer.
West Texas-plans still in the works
Louisiana either with Mississippi road trip or sooner

Past events:
Relay for life in May 2012. TVs arrived by January and stayed through May. Leading up to the walk, which raises money for cancer research, We had a benefit dance and sold jewelery and art. We raised 250.00USD. Our team raised over 14k! It was a great event!
Masquerade Ball, Chamber of commerce 50th anniversary and volunteer recognition.
Various events at the Roxy
City Meetings including a city council meeting
Nolan's Grammy's 60th birthday party at the Harbor!
Trips to Eden's Organics Market days for fresh food
Trips to woodland park to play!
Decorating and Opening of Travel Inn Texas!
Veteran's day salute
Met a real TEXAS cowboy!
Halloween party!
National Night Out
Roxy Fest!

Posted Nov 11, 2011, 5:42 pm
iloveletters
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to iloveletters Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Sometimes it seems as if nothing is happening that is worthwile updating. But I really like everyday pictures too, for example to show workplaces or where you go shopping, showing around the house, decoratins, kitchen work etc.
There is no need to have pictures of buildings and famous landmarks all the time. So every update is interesting!
My ToyVoyagers:
wild releases: Oliver, Spunky, Bibi
lost: Aimee, Nook, Aidan, Dancer
stay at home TVs: Aurelius and Shesh

hosted:
Florentine, Hiro, Sambu, Boo Boo, King Tut , TobiHH, Mira , Bruno, Red Navel, Peachy Chai, Domino, Orkku Orava, Taru, Harold Giraffe, Monkez , Tiplitaps, Stoker, Spencer, KalliHH, SunnyHH, Voi Nam, Bärndt, YoYo, Claire Tamias, HömpfMömpf, Creamsheep, Mandy Sheep, Pelly, Easy

Posted Nov 26, 2011, 10:18 pm
kcrawfish
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

I finally have to say what I really think on this and that is that you can update too much.  I did an informal exchange with another member.  With her toy, I made 24 updates (just counted them up), and she did 5 updates during the same period of time, one was the arrival, 2 regular nice updates, 1 update with my toy on some cupcakes, which later she said she did resentfully because I wished my toy a happy birthday in a PM, and 1 update that was several pages of plagiarized Internet writing.  In the end, I let her know if she couldn't do more, it was okay with me, as she was busier than I was and I was happy if she was happy with my updates, but she responded that I was a typical newbie who expected her to update daily, which I didn't, and lashed out at me and my toy in the worst way.  Now I know if you're exchanging toys with someone, update in moderation or you might be the target of resentment instead of appreciation.  However, in my case, you can't update my toys too much.  I am really grateful for my hosts' time and creativity.

Posted Dec 2, 2011, 7:48 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable