ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Improvements to the site » ID's without Tags

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
ID's without Tags
Tomi
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Group: Members

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Tomi Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

It's just a suggestion but wouldn't it be great that you can buy ids to registrate new tv's without buying tags for more money?. It would be good for people that don't have started working already and don't have so much money :) But like i said it's just a suggestion :)
Inactive because of school!

My ToyVoyagers:
Tomi the Bear is at home
Froggy the Frog  got lost on the way from Katara back to me
Thomas the Bear is at home
Timmy the Bear is at home
Frank the Bear is at home
Tim the Bear is at home
Penny the Cat is at home
Tommy the Bear is at home

Posted Nov 5, 2011, 5:38 pm
LadyButterfly
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Germany

Visit LadyButterfly's web site Send a personal messsage to LadyButterfly Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Am I wrong? Tell me if I missunderstand you!
You can get IDs without buying tags! My two TVs just have IDs but I havn't bought them tags.
Maybe I will buy them later, but other users also use selfmade tags!
You musn't buy the tags! The IDs are free!
My ToyVoyagers...
Knut is with QuamQuam on the German-RR
Hanni is with Robbe on the New Member RR
Kilimanjaro is at home and looking for a host!

I'm currently hosting... Arty Bunneh, Frankie_Blue, Taru and Santa

You want me to host your TVs or you want to host one of my TVs? No problem... just send me a PM and we will talk about it! :D

Find all my TV-photos on Flickr! My album

Posted Nov 5, 2011, 5:43 pm Last edited Nov 5, 2011, 5:44 pm by LadyButterfly
Zandy
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Zandy Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Butterfly, you must buy a Tag to get an ID. At the moment IDs are limeted. One ID is free per user.

If you have more, so you are lucky. It was a bug from the Admin and/or Moderator, who didn't know, that you allready have one.

And the Tag isn't so expensive. And if you can buy IDs cheep, than you have the problem, which is with the free IDs. Members say they need IDs, but didn't activate the TV oder only activate and than they dissapear.
I'm back here - I hope. Slowly I will came back :-)

My TVs: (If you want to hoste one, please feel free to contact me via PM. Klick on the picture of the TV you like to join.)

Hoppsi:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/ToyVoyagerHost/Hoppsi/Hoppsi-klein.jpg    Santa:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/ToyVoyagerHost/Santa/Santa-klein.jpg is lost :-(    Amalthea:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/ToyVoyagerHost/Amalthea/Amalthea-klein.jpg is lost :-( Germanya:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/ToyVoyagerHost/Germanya/Germanya-klein.jpg    Ayana:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/ToyVoyagerHost/Ayana/Ayana-klein.jpg    Jala:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/ToyVoyagerHost/Jala/Jala-klein.jpg

Posted Nov 5, 2011, 5:51 pm
LadyButterfly
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Germany

Visit LadyButterfly's web site Send a personal messsage to LadyButterfly Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Ahhh ok I understand, havn't known it... ok then you can ignore my post! :D
My ToyVoyagers...
Knut is with QuamQuam on the German-RR
Hanni is with Robbe on the New Member RR
Kilimanjaro is at home and looking for a host!

I'm currently hosting... Arty Bunneh, Frankie_Blue, Taru and Santa

You want me to host your TVs or you want to host one of my TVs? No problem... just send me a PM and we will talk about it! :D

Find all my TV-photos on Flickr! My album

Posted Nov 5, 2011, 5:53 pm
Tomi
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Tomi Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

year that wright :)

My ToyVoyagers:
Tomi the Bear is at home
Tim the Bear is at home
Penny the Cat is at home

Posted Nov 5, 2011, 5:56 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thank you Zandy for your answer. It is really a problem, that we gave out several ids without any update or even without activating the toyvoyager until today, although they received the ID weeks ago. The costs for the tags aren't that high. And for our new members and some older members it is still a possibility to write more nice updates for their own toyvoyagers or their guests with nice photos ( not just blurry things) and nice texts ( not only some words).

I don't want to sound rude, but it still happens, that members ask for new IDs and still haven't one real update for their first tv or for their guests. We all started with this hobby some of us years ago and we all didn't start with a bunch of toyvoyagers. I want to ask our members again to be patient and to try to do the best for their own toyvoyagers and guests at first, before they will receive a new free ID. We won't have free IDs like we had during the last years - things change and they had to change now. Maybe you know, what I mean by saying: Things for which you don't have to pay are worth nothing?

I'm really sorry for those new members - and there are a lot of them too - who really do a great great job in hosting and updating already.

By the way: We first went down to two then to one ID per member.

Posted Nov 5, 2011, 6:36 pm
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I think Tomi had a different idea in his mind, I also thought about the possibility of buying just an ID and activation code without getting the metal tags.

At the moment the price for one tag varies from EUR 2,32 to EUR 3,47, depending on whether you buy one tag or 10 tags.

I would also like to be able to buy just an ID, for maybe EUR 1,50 - EUR 1,90. Some of my own TVs are lost, not even updated by their very first host, mostly persons which registered here without becoming an active member. The risk of spending money for nothing sometimes makes me avoid sending a TV to a new member which has not been active yet.

Selling IDs without the metal tags would also reduce work expended of the website owners.

Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Nov 5, 2011, 7:15 pm Last edited Nov 5, 2011, 8:05 pm by olgamaus
Tomi
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Germany

yes that's what i ment :) yesterday i bought 10tags+id and that's when i recognazied that they weren't so cheep like i thought... But i know it costs really much money to have such a website and keep it uptodate but like olgamaus said it would be greate if you can buy like 10codes without the medal tags for 15Euros and they would appear in the next email without sending them (that would be cheaper too)

My ToyVoyagers:
Tomi the Bear is at home
Tim the Bear is at home
Penny the Cat is at home

Posted Nov 5, 2011, 7:27 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Okay sorry, I just didn't read it as carefully as I should have. That's a good suggestion

By the way: I really like my own tags more than the bought ID tags:)

Posted Nov 5, 2011, 7:49 pm Last edited Nov 5, 2011, 7:50 pm by fam-united
Tomi
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Germany

Thank you :) Let's hope the admins think about that :)

My ToyVoyagers:
Tomi the Bear is at home
Tim the Bear is at home
Penny the Cat is at home

Posted Nov 5, 2011, 7:50 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

I send a message to the admins:)

Posted Nov 5, 2011, 8:05 pm
Kristykirkpatrick
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United States

Send an email to Kristykirkpatrick Visit Kristykirkpatrick's web site Send a message to Kristykirkpatrick with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to Kristykirkpatrick Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'd love to buy emailed ID#s simply because I have to save up for the IDs and that takes a while, then, I'll have to wait even longer for the slow mail system. No biggie, but it would be better to get them faster.
~Kristy Kirkpatrick Hotel Trail Coordinator
Concierge Texas travel log shows all going on at Travel Inn Texas!

Travel Inn Texas visitors:
1 vacancy- minis only. 3" or smaller. padded envelope traveler preferred.

Travel Inn voyagers at home:
Nolan
Concierge Texas Concierge for Travel Inn Texas

Traveling Toyvoyagers
Arty Bunneh visiting ladybutterfly
Leif E redswan! Going on travels to celebrate Leif Erikson Day! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Erikson_Day  for more info on Leif Erikson Day!

Upcoming Events:
possible voyage to South Mississippi in Summer.
West Texas-plans still in the works
Louisiana either with Mississippi road trip or sooner

Past events:
Relay for life in May 2012. TVs arrived by January and stayed through May. Leading up to the walk, which raises money for cancer research, We had a benefit dance and sold jewelery and art. We raised 250.00USD. Our team raised over 14k! It was a great event!
Masquerade Ball, Chamber of commerce 50th anniversary and volunteer recognition.
Various events at the Roxy
City Meetings including a city council meeting
Nolan's Grammy's 60th birthday party at the Harbor!
Trips to Eden's Organics Market days for fresh food
Trips to woodland park to play!
Decorating and Opening of Travel Inn Texas!
Veteran's day salute
Met a real TEXAS cowboy!
Halloween party!
National Night Out
Roxy Fest!

Posted Nov 8, 2011, 3:23 am
LittleBear Lightfoot
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United States

Send an email to LittleBear Lightfoot Send a personal messsage to LittleBear Lightfoot Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

If this ever becomes available, I'd take advantage of it.
Usdi Yona
~Little Bear
Check out the Hotel Trail! http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=4814 for more info

My voyagers-Bruce lee & Pops
Visited & went home-Nolan

Posted Nov 11, 2011, 7:00 pm
Noisy
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Noisy Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

LittleBear Lightfoot said:
If this ever becomes available, I'd take advantage of it.

...me too!

Posted Nov 12, 2011, 6:54 am
Tomi
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Germany

wow thank you fam-united :) let's all hope that they do something :)

My ToyVoyagers:
Tomi the Bear is at home
Tim the Bear is at home
Penny the Cat is at home

Posted Nov 13, 2011, 8:10 pm
amb167
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to amb167 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I've been thinking the same thing! I don't care for the tags, but my daughter would like to start more voyagers. Being able to purchase a code would be fabulous!

Posted Nov 20, 2011, 1:33 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

There won't be bought IDs without tags in the near future. I will ask the admins to write a note here.

Posted Nov 20, 2011, 3:28 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable