ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Competitions! » Halloween ***WINNERS***

Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Halloween ***WINNERS***
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

United States

Visit klubwerks's web site Send an AIM message to klubwerks Send a message to klubwerks with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to klubwerks Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Welcome to this year's Halloween contest! Remember, you don't have to celebrate the Holidays to participate! This year, I'm going with a customs and candy theme.

You can post as many photos as you'd like, as long as you have a TV in the photos. You have two options.

1. Show us one of your countries' Halloween (or equivalent holiday) customs. You could show us Halloween (mostly US), Samhain (Celtic), Day of the Dead (Mexican), Obon (Japanese - not usually in October, but it's a similar holiday) etc. How do you celebrate this holiday?

2. Your toy introducing us to candy from your country.

Just like last year, photos must be submitted to this forum thread. The last day of submissions is November 4th.

This year, you get to pick between 3 prizes:

1. Make your toy a halloween accessory to wear.
2. Send you American Candy of your choice.
3. Send you a Halloween Souvenir!
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Jul 28, 2012, 6:08 pm Last edited Oct 2, 2012, 2:20 am by klubwerks
SiniS
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Spain

Send a personal messsage to SiniS Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

My TV is a ghost dog, he doesn't need a disguise!!!!
Hahaha, just joking!!! :p
I think it's a funny idea, I will try to participate!!!
The prizes you comment are so nice :)
I've got a question: it has to be an individual disguise or can be a groupal disguise?
My TV:
Zero. He will stay at home with me, but he wants to meet other TV to be their host and show them the city where he lives. Do you want to be a Zero's guest? Just PM me!
Vassily: in Germany with EuroMaus who has dissappeared :(
Mariposita: starting her trip

Currently hosting:
Betzi
Qah
Madam Miff

Plans:

As I haven't got enough money neither time, I only can host small or medium TV and 1 TV at the same time. Sorry for the inconvenience, hope you understand it.

A NEW ZERO'S LIFE MISSION!!! Welcome a guest which name starts with every ABC letter:
A for Ape Apina
B for Betty Bear, Betzi
D for Doña Felisa
M for Miggy, Madam Miff
Q for Qah
R for Rico the Tiger, Rocky Raccoon
S for Suny
T for TezTez

:)

Posted Jul 30, 2012, 3:26 pm
Sam-The-Sheep
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Sam-The-Sheep's web site Send a personal messsage to Sam-The-Sheep Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Sam is definately going to enter this comp!

Can you enter more than once? Sam celebrates as Samhain with me... then in the evening we get dressed up and go trick or treating in the American/English way?

Also, on the thoughts of prizes... Sam is the biggest girl on the planet and loves clothes... I think he'd love something halloween-themed to wear! :)

Planning my photo already!

x
Visit me at www.samthesheep.webs.com

Posted Sep 4, 2012, 10:56 pm
SiniS
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Spain

Send a personal messsage to SiniS Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I've read it again and I've got a question because I don't know if I understood it :S

We can submit the photos only on October, can't we?
My TV:
Zero. He will stay at home with me, but he wants to meet other TV to be their host and show them the city where he lives. Do you want to be a Zero's guest? Just PM me!

Currently hosting:
Betzi
Qah
Madam Miff

Plans:

As I haven't got enough money neither time, I only can host small or medium TV and 1 TV at the same time. Sorry for the inconvenience, hope you understand it.

A NEW ZERO'S LIFE MISSION!!! Welcome a guest which name starts with every ABC letter:
A for Ape Apina
B for Betty Bear, Betzi
D for Doña Felisa
M for Miggy, Madam Miff
Q for Qah
S for Suny
T for TezTez

Posted Sep 5, 2012, 6:07 pm
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Visit klubwerks's web site Send an AIM message to klubwerks Send a message to klubwerks with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to klubwerks Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Sorry for the long delay. It's September, so I want to start getting everyone's questions answered.

SiniS: You can have individual or group costumes. It's up to you! It's about you showing me how your holiday is traditionally celebrated, or showing off your candy if you don't celebrate this holiday. Also, you are correct. October is the only time that I'll be accepting submissions.

Bolebog: I'd love to see the spook house! I think it's a great idea :-)

Sam-The-Shepp: You can enter as many photos as you want with as many TV's as you want. See the end of my post for more ont he prizes.

I've been thinking about the prizes. This year, you get to pick between 3 prizes.

1. Make your toy a halloween accessory to wear.
2. Send you American Candy of your choice.
3. Send you a Halloween Souvenir!
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Sep 9, 2012, 11:09 pm
bisquets
ToyVoyagers Fresher

Member Level

Mexico

Send a personal messsage to bisquets Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

This is such a cool idea!
I hope I get lucky to find some dia de muertos stuff in October (we celebrate it in November) so I can participate :)

Posted Sep 10, 2012, 7:42 pm
MamiTig
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Visit MamiTig's web site Send a personal messsage to MamiTig Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Here are pictures of my TVs ghost hunting in the Pythian Castle in Springfield, MO, with the Paranormal Task Force! (The first two pictures have Kalso, the third picture is Tucker, and the fourth has Tucker, Hryusha, Alien Princes, Kali, and Kalso).

Attached file: ks081.jpg (392 downloads)
ks081.jpg

Attached file: ks082.jpg (413 downloads)
ks082.jpg

Attached file: tuck055.jpg (389 downloads)
tuck055.jpg

Attached file: group010.jpg (405 downloads)
group010.jpg
- MamiTig

Posted Sep 11, 2012, 5:53 am
SiniS
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Spain

Thanks klubwerks!

Another question (sorry for bothering :$): To participate we have to submit the photos here, but can be the same of the upload photos in the TV's travelog? In a different way, I mean if the photos can be in the TV's travelog too or only photos can be posted here to participate in this contest exclusively?

I hope you understand me...
My TV:

Currently hosting:
Betzi
Qah
Madam Miff

Plans:

A for Ape Apina
B for Betty Bear, Betzi
D for Doña Felisa
M for Miggy, Madam Miff
Q for Qah
S for Suny
T for TezTez

Posted Sep 16, 2012, 12:55 pm
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

I have extended the deadline to November 4th, since Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) is celebrated in November. If this isn't far enough out for Día de los Muertos, please let me know!

SiniS: Yes you can have the photos in your travel logs and they can be old photos too. It's no problem answering questions ;-)
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Sep 21, 2012, 11:55 pm
Susie's
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Susie's Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I already have tons of ideas! :cyclops:
Can’t wait to start to tinker. :D

My TV's
Poschti:is at home in Germany     

little T.B. : is at home Germany

Betty Bear:     is at home in Germany

Currently hosting: none

Posted Sep 24, 2012, 12:38 pm
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

This contest officially starts on monday! I can't wait to see the submissions!
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Sep 29, 2012, 7:42 pm
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

This contest is live!
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Oct 2, 2012, 2:22 am
SiniS
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Spain

Another question U_U' ...

If Halloween is on 31th October, we can't send photos before that day :thinking:, can we?
Well, there are places where people starts to decorate before, that's true, but is at the end of the month!! Am I wrong?
My TV:

Currently hosting:
Betzi
Qah
Madam Miff

Plans:

A for Ape Apina
B for Betty Bear, Betzi
D for Doña Felisa
M for Miggy, Madam Miff
Q for Qah
S for Suny
T for TezTez

Posted Oct 7, 2012, 11:59 am
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Yes, you can start posting photos any time during october. The contest isn't limited to just Halloween, it's any Halloween-like holiday. The last day of submissions is November 4th. You can take the photos any time during october until november 4th ;-)
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Oct 8, 2012, 3:13 am
LittleCableCars
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to LittleCableCars Send a personal messsage to LittleCableCars Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

TRICK OR TREAT!

Just clowning around,

BarryO

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL689/13424056/23950947/404207388.jpg

Posted Oct 10, 2012, 7:03 pm
Eohippus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Send an email to Eohippus Send a personal messsage to Eohippus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I cannot show you the traditional finnish Halloween (here called Kekri or Köyri) customs, because this is a family safe area. ;)

Have to think about the candies. ;)
http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/personal/pooh_go.gif  http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/mother_goose/MG_08.gif

Posted Oct 15, 2012, 9:58 pm
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

I am very curious as to what your traditional Finnish Holiday is, Eohippus! You are welcome to tell me in PM.

To everyone else, I'm enjoying the photos so far! Great job!
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Oct 25, 2012, 6:55 pm Last edited Oct 25, 2012, 6:57 pm by klubwerks
Susie's
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Susie's Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Alright! Here we are four TV's and there Halloween Costumes. :D

First there is little T.B., he is a pumpkin and a Santa Clause.

Then we have Klöver. She wanted to be a spring roll. But I gues there was some kind of a misunderstanding.  ;)

Thirdly there is Karlos. He is a classical ghost and a Scottish guy.

Last but not least: Lancel she is an easter egg and a cloud. Cloud number 9 (or as we say in Germany: Wolke 7)

Hope you like what I made.  :D

Susie's

PS Somehow the photos show up in a different order when I post them. But hopefully the explanation helps to find out who is who.  :)

Attached file: k-Foto2614.jpg (276 downloads)
k-Foto2614.jpg

Attached file: k-Foto2640.jpg (283 downloads)
k-Foto2640.jpg

Attached file: k-Foto2676.jpg (282 downloads)
k-Foto2676.jpg

Attached file: k-Foto2673.jpg (281 downloads)
k-Foto2673.jpg

Attached file: k-Foto2677.jpg (275 downloads)
k-Foto2677.jpg

Attached file: k-Foto2681.jpg (278 downloads)
k-Foto2681.jpg

Attached file: k-Foto2670.jpg (276 downloads)
k-Foto2670.jpg

Attached file: k-Foto2612.jpg (269 downloads)
k-Foto2612.jpg
My TV's
Poschti:is at home in Germany     

little T.B. : is at home Germany

Betty Bear:     is at home in Germany

Currently hosting: none

Posted Oct 26, 2012, 8:41 pm Last edited Oct 26, 2012, 8:44 pm by Susie's
MA_17
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit MA_17's web site Send a personal messsage to MA_17 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

TVs carving a pumpkin:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/ma_17/Toyvoyager/Tv_01/RIMG1487.jpg

and both sides of the result:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/ma_17/Toyvoyager/Tv_01/RIMG1496.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/ma_17/Toyvoyager/Tv_01/RIMG1497-1.jpg

Full travelog.

Posted Oct 26, 2012, 9:20 pm
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit BlackCat's web site Send a personal messsage to BlackCat Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

We made some nice Jack'O'Lanterns here. :) Hope that counts? :D

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/toyvoyagersfriend/2012/October/13/1310_0.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/toyvoyagersfriend/2012/October/13/1310_19.jpg

Toys in this pictures: Meggie, Scathach, Sweetsy and Wauzi
If you want to be hosted - just let me know.

Sadly my dear Wauzi moved to his dad...so now I have sweet little Jonathan to stay with me all the time. He is a stay-at-home Voyager.

If you want me to host your toy, please read this:
http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=1617 *no spaces available in 2015*

Posted Oct 26, 2012, 9:30 pm Last edited Oct 31, 2012, 3:06 pm by BlackCat
Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable