ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Dazed and Confused? » Golden Bears 2012 update

Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Golden Bears 2012 update
SiniS
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Group: Members

Spain

Send a personal messsage to SiniS Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi!
I've got some questions about this contest.

I've read in the topic "About golden bears" that to participate in the 2012 contest the photos had been sent from 1st April to 31st May, so, is the contest closed?

Where can I vote for the photos?

And I think I don't understand exactly how it works... For the 2012 contest we have to send photos taken in 2011?? So, if I joined this year, I have to wait to 2013 to participate with my photos taken during 2012???

Thanks in advance!!!
My TV:
Zero. He will stay at home with me, but he wants to meet other TV to be their host and show them the city where he lives. Do you want to be a Zero's guest? Just PM me!
Vassily: in Germany with EuroMaus who has dissappeared :(
Mariposita: starting her trip

Currently hosting:
Betzi
Qah
Madam Miff

Plans:

As I haven't got enough money neither time, I only can host small or medium TV and 1 TV at the same time. Sorry for the inconvenience, hope you understand it.

A NEW ZERO'S LIFE MISSION!!! Welcome a guest which name starts with every ABC letter:
A for Ape Apina
B for Betty Bear, Betzi
D for Doņa Felisa
M for Miggy, Madam Miff
Q for Qah
R for Rico the Tiger, Rocky Raccoon
S for Suny
T for TezTez

:)

Posted Sep 11, 2012, 12:46 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi SiniS, I'm sorry, but I received too few nominations of photos to open the voting for 2012. It is really sad, because I wrote to all more or less active members and asked for photos of their own tvs and own photos with guest tvs to nominate for Golden Bears 2012.

I want to start a new round in end of 2012 with photos of 2012. You will find a message in your pm box when time comes and I really hope, that more members will participate this time. If each member sends some or even only one photo of each category, it would be enough to sort those out for the nominations. And then I would have enough for the voting.

It was the first year, that I had no time to find photos for nominations by myself. Usually I went to most travelogs and tried to find photos for each category, if there were too less photos sent by members. But we have so many travelogs now, that it would take a too long time.

I want to let everyone know about the new round in end of October and send out my messages then.

Kind regards, Petra

Posted Sep 12, 2012, 6:05 pm
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to miapearl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm sorry Petra, I found it hard to choose, although when you sent out the request for nominations, I decided on 3 photos straight away and thought I would have time later to find more, but ...

Perhaps we should keep an eye out for good photos... Maybe look at the latest update when logging in.
If you are interested in hosting any of my toys please message me, or post in the appropriate toys looking for hosts thread.

[note to self]Organise an itinerary for the toys, and not organise hosts at the last minute[/note to self]

Mira has arrived at her new host, another Postcrosser :) and Alfie should be with another Postcrosser!
Do not be afraid to say you would like to host one of my travelling toys!
Toys lost? Misty Rose Baconella Hoots  Bubo  Lintilla - on the lookout for replacements from charity shops.

I have taken on more activities/commitments/responsibilities... still adjusting and may be a bit slow with updates...

Posted Sep 12, 2012, 6:32 pm
RikeH
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to RikeH Visit RikeH's web site Send a personal messsage to RikeH Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I am really sorry to read that my hours for searching nominations were for nothing. :thinking:

My ToyVoyagers :
PieksiHH stays with HoBi.
HolgiHH visits windy62.
PinkyHH stays with goldmoon.
UrselHH has fun with natalina

GustavHH, SunnyHH, NiliHH, TobiHH, ThomasHH and HelgaHH are at home.

UrselHH  the Second was kidnapped by EuroMaus.
MrCoolHH is LOST in Poland at inidhil.
KalliHH was kidnapped by Oppenheimer.
BineHH is lost on the way to vunder

And finally dicker Kumpel stays at home with me. He just started his own website - look here : Dicker Kumpel's website

Montgomery, Mephi,Sansone and Stoker are with me now. 

If you want to host one of my TVs, please send a PM! This year I prefer TV-Swaps.

Posted Sep 12, 2012, 7:33 pm
Grinsekatze
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Austria

Send a personal messsage to Grinsekatze Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I think I was to new hear to get a message, but if you make it at the end of the year please tell me and I will help to find photos. :rolleyes:
I´m happy that I found TV!

My ToyVoyagers:

Kichiro is  with vyl87 in Californien. He is now on the way to smaug in Kanada
Mr.Yellow is at Lakambini in Toronto. He is now on the way to winksnana in Miami.
Kathy -was with Thomisa in Hertfordshire/UK. She is now at miapearl in Wales.
Taja  - is with Mandrara in Witten/Germany.
Carolin  - was with Jasper in Lichtensteig/Schweiz -Now she is atEvenesca  in Erfurt/Germany
Daisy Orange  - is on the way to smart geckos  in Alice Springs/Australien. smartgeckos doesn`t answer. I think Daisy Orange will never come back.
In December she will go to fleursmum  in Victoria/Australien
Kara  - was with Hippo Nino in Erfurt -she is now at fam-united
Pingi  -  was with franzi4690 in Hamburg/Germany -he is now on the way toJerena in Germany

Violet Marie stays at home and will welcome each TV that comes to us!

ToyVoyagers that I`m currently hosting:

Melek from nuriayasmin  in Heidelberg/Germany
Little Dragon from Mandrara in Witten/Germany 
Aaron from  fam-united in Germany
TV-TV from  Galileo in Germany
Sausi Karl from  zauberaeffle in Germany

I`m waiting for:       

Hipsu from  mmm105 in Finland

In February will come Bloomer from  Katara in Pretoria/South Africa
Josie from  MA_17 in Germany

ToyVoyagers that have left:

Posted Sep 13, 2012, 7:36 am
SiniS
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Spain

Send a personal messsage to SiniS Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks Petra!
I will look my messenger for your PM!!! ^^

Hoping that people will participate, it's a very funny and beautiful contest!!! Although it will be my first time :rolleyes:

We only can send photos of our TV or we can nominate for other TV although we haven't host them??

Well, I suppose that when you send the PM on October, then you will explain the instructions :)

So thanks again, also all who has answered :)!!
My TV:
Zero. He will stay at home with me, but he wants to meet other TV to be their host and show them the city where he lives. Do you want to be a Zero's guest? Just PM me!

Currently hosting:
Betzi
Qah
Madam Miff

Plans:

As I haven't got enough money neither time, I only can host small or medium TV and 1 TV at the same time. Sorry for the inconvenience, hope you understand it.

A NEW ZERO'S LIFE MISSION!!! Welcome a guest which name starts with every ABC letter:
A for Ape Apina
B for Betty Bear, Betzi
D for Doņa Felisa
M for Miggy, Madam Miff
Q for Qah
S for Suny
T for TezTez

Posted Sep 16, 2012, 12:50 pm
LittleCableCars
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to LittleCableCars Send a personal messsage to LittleCableCars Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

RikeH said:
I am really sorry to read that my hours for searching nominations were for nothing.  :thinking:

Seemed more like days and days.  ;)

It takes a lot of volunteer work to run a site like this.  If you do plan on making nominations, start early and allow many days. 

Posted Sep 16, 2012, 2:43 pm
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Gizalba Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

LittleCableCars said:
RikeH said:
I am really sorry to read that my hours for searching nominations were for nothing.  :thinking:

It takes a lot of volunteer work to run a site like this.  If you do plan on making nominations, start early and allow many days. 

I am sad to hear that your time consuming efforts in the nominations were wasted RikeH and LittleCableCars :( It does take a long time so seeing as I didn't have much time I just sent in three, but if everyone sent even just one then we would be sorted.

Is there any way we could combine the few nominations from 2011 with those you will hopefully receive for 2012 Petra? That way there would be more nominations and those that have already been sent in could still be used?
Hello, I have been locked out of my account for a long time as I had forgotten my password. I had made another account (Gizalba2) so I was updating from there for a while, however I am back using this one now :)

TVs I still have whose owners have been absent for over a year:

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

If any of these owners come back and would like me to post these guys back to you, please let me know!

Posted Sep 16, 2012, 5:25 pm
MamiTig
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Visit MamiTig's web site Send a personal messsage to MamiTig Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Now that we all realize that there wasn't much submitted, what about reopening it for 2 weeks and making a list of how many submissions would be needed in each category, so everybody knows what to look for? Then the categories could be rounding out and the voting could be held?

I had only submitted one because I didn't realize there weren't a whole bunch already being submitted.

Tig

Gizalba said:
LittleCableCars said:
RikeH said:

I am sad to hear that your time consuming efforts in the nominations were wasted RikeH and LittleCableCars :( It does take a long time so seeing as I didn't have much time I just sent in three, but if everyone sent even just one then we would be sorted.

Is there any way we could combine the few nominations from 2011 with those you will hopefully receive for 2012 Petra? That way there would be more nominations and those that have already been sent in could still be used?
- MamiTig

Posted Sep 16, 2012, 7:05 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I thought and thought, what we could do and so here comes, what I decided:

I will reopen the nominations again. You still can send photos of 2011 until end of September. I will need all your photos on 2nd October.

Golden Bear Award 2012, nominations

1. Best landscape
2. Best architecture
3. Best Festive photo (single or photo of 2 toyvoyagers)
4. Best ensemble cast ( group photo of 6 and more toyvoyagers, all named)
5. Best food and drink ( single or photo of 2 toyvoyagers)
6. Wild ones of 2011
7. Animal magic
8. Plantlife
9. Nightlife
10. Shopping
11. Snowy fun ( single or group photo of between 2 and 5 toyvoyagers)
12. Classics - (all registered before 2009 and still traveling)
13. Best comedy
14. Best travelog
15. Best action shot
16. Best picture (photos, which don't fit in other categories, no group photos)
17. Audience favorite

We need photos of 2011 only - all others will be deleted, whether they are nice or not.
Please send the nominations to golden_bears_2010@yahoo.co.uk

Rules:

- photos only show the toyvoyager, no persons or parts of persons like fingers, hands or arms or more

- photos are sharp, not blurry

- photos show single toyvoyagers, no group photos for all categories, if not otherwise mentioned

- group photo necessary for the ensemble cast / photo shows more than six toyvoyagers

- pair or group photos allowed for: festive photo, food and drink, snowy fun, please count the numbers of tvs on this photos, mention names of each toyvoyager

Only those photos can be nominated, of which I know:
category
name of travelog (where you found this photo)
the tv's owner
the photographer
the page and photo number
the location
the date
the name of the toyvoyagers on the photo

e.g.: snowy fun, Cassiopeia, fam-united, smaug, page 24, third photo, Prairie Mountain, Canada - 31st December 2011

It is easy for me, if you store jpg photos and name it like the example above shows. It isn't that difficult to name a photo this way. I just copy the location from the travelog and paste it and so on.

All other photos will be deleted, even if they are really good, because I can't search through all the travelogs.

Everyone can nominate three photos for each category. It is allowed to nominate photos of own toyvoyagers and photos you took, but of course you also can nominate other photos, too.

You've seen, that we can only vote for about 15 different photos, so we have to draw lots, when there are more photos, which comply the rules.

Kind regards,
Petra

Posted Sep 19, 2012, 12:54 pm Last edited Sep 19, 2012, 12:55 pm by fam-united
SiniS
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Spain

Well, as I have joined on 2012 I can participate with my photos but I will nominate some of them if I found!!!!!!

There are some categories I don't know if I understand...
-Animal magic is a TV with animals?

-Plantlife is a TV with plants but it can be the same as a landscape with a forest or something like that?
My TV:

Currently hosting:
Betzi
Qah
Madam Miff

Plans:

A for Ape Apina
B for Betty Bear, Betzi
D for Doņa Felisa
M for Miggy, Madam Miff
Q for Qah
S for Suny
T for TezTez

Posted Sep 19, 2012, 6:11 pm
La_Kate_Boheme
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to La_Kate_Boheme Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I have a question... Some users see the newest post first and some see the oldest post first in their travelogs. For example: I see the newest post first, so if I take a picture of september this year it's on my first page, but if you see the oldest post first it would be the last page, for example page 5. Which page should I write down when I name the picture? "Page 1" or "Page 5"? Because if it's on my first page but on your last page, you wouldn't find it... I hope you know what I mean.. :D

Posted Sep 19, 2012, 6:40 pm
LittleCableCars
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to LittleCableCars Send a personal messsage to LittleCableCars Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I counted from oldest first and specified that in the email. If the toy is still travelling, the count would keep on changing if it was counted from newest first. Hope you understand. Don't know if that is the official way but there is a lot of counting, some into the 90s. I'm sure the date narrows it down as does the photo you submit with the email.

Posted Sep 21, 2012, 6:27 am Last edited Sep 21, 2012, 6:33 am by LittleCableCars
La_Kate_Boheme
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to La_Kate_Boheme Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Great, I'll do it the same way :) Thanks for your answer.

Posted Sep 21, 2012, 10:48 am
MamiTig
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Visit MamiTig's web site Send a personal messsage to MamiTig Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Can you let us know which categories are still empty, or most in need of entries, so we can try to make sure all of the categories are covered?
- MamiTig

Posted Sep 22, 2012, 3:33 am
Susie's
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Susie's Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Sorry I'm kinda confused....
Why can we only send in photos of 2011 when it is the golden bear award 2012?
My TV's
Poschti:is at home in Germany     

little T.B. : is at home Germany

Betty Bear:     is at home in Germany

Currently hosting: none

Posted Sep 24, 2012, 9:09 pm
MA_17
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit MA_17's web site Send a personal messsage to MA_17 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

because 2012 isn't over yet ;)

Posted Sep 24, 2012, 10:08 pm
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Gizalba Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks for re-opening it Petra! Can I ask, will you keep the photos already nominated from last time or do we have to send them in again?

Susie - That is a good point. Although it has to be 2011 photos as 2011 is finished and 2012 is not, I personally think the name of the award should match this to reduce confusion... Like change it to Golden bears 2011? This may still cause confusion initially as we have already had Golden Bears 2011, but after this year then everything will be fresh and match up if we change it... If that makes sense. I am guessing the current mis-match is due to perhaps a delay in sorting the award one year, then subsequent years have been delayed as really GB 2011 should have happened at the end of last year?
Hello, I have been locked out of my account for a long time as I had forgotten my password. I had made another account (Gizalba2) so I was updating from there for a while, however I am back using this one now :)

TVs I still have whose owners have been absent for over a year:

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

If any of these owners come back and would like me to post these guys back to you, please let me know!

Posted Sep 24, 2012, 11:24 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

I will keep them in:), but if you find a fourth or fifth photo, that you think it would fit perfectly into the category, you can send it/them.

Posted Sep 26, 2012, 11:13 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

SiniS said:
Well, as I have joined on 2012 I can participate with my photos but I will nominate some of them if I found!!!!!!

There are some categories I don't know if I understand...
-Animal magic is a TV with animals?

-Plantlife is a TV with plants but it can be the same as a landscape with a forest or something like that?

Animal magic is tv with animals, yes

Plantlife is a tv with a close up photo with a plant (flower, tree)-not really a landscape photo

Posted Sep 26, 2012, 11:15 am
Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable