ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Dazed and Confused? » Golden Bears 2012 update

Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Golden Bears 2012 update
fam-united

Member Level

Group: Members

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

La_Kate_Boheme said:
I have a question... Some users see the newest post first and some see the oldest post first in their travelogs. For example: I see the newest post first, so if I take a picture of september this year it's on my first page, but if you see the oldest post first it would be the last page, for example page 5. Which page should I write down when I name the picture? "Page 1" or "Page 5"? Because if it's on my first page but on your last page, you wouldn't find it... I hope you know what I mean..  :D

Just tell me in your message how you count and so I know it:), but oldest post first would be the best way.

Posted Sep 26, 2012, 11:16 am Last edited Sep 26, 2012, 11:17 am by fam-united
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Gizalba said:
Thanks for re-opening it Petra! Can I ask, will you keep the photos already nominated from last time or do we have to send them in again?

Susie - That is a good point. Although it has to be 2011 photos as 2011 is finished and 2012 is not, I personally think the name of the award should match this to reduce confusion... Like change it to Golden bears 2011? This may still cause confusion initially as we have already had Golden Bears 2011, but after this year then everything will be fresh and match up if we change it... If that makes sense. I am guessing the current mis-match is due to perhaps a delay in sorting the award one year, then subsequent years have been delayed as really GB 2011 should have happened at the end of last year?

These are my thoughts since years, too. I always have to remind myself, that's the name GOLDEN BEARS 2012 with photos of 2011 and so on. I would like to change it, too, so we should discuss it, if we change it right away. But it wasn't my idea, so I first have to ask for permission. It didn't start this way due to delay or something.

Golden Bear Award with photos of 2012 will start in end of December again and if we wouldn't have had problems with the server last winter/spring we would have been earlier this year with nominations. My goal is to start open the email address for the new round on 1rst of January 2013 and let it open until 1rst of February. Then I will need some time to sort everything out and open the voting on 1rst of March. And that's the way I would like to do it every year. What do you think about it?

Posted Sep 26, 2012, 11:25 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

MamiTig said:
Can you let us know which categories are still empty, or most in need of entries, so we can try to make sure all of the categories are covered?

I will take a look and let you know

Posted Sep 26, 2012, 11:26 am
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to miapearl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Can't decide anything for some categories.... Anyway, just about to click send.
If you are interested in hosting any of my toys please message me, or post in the appropriate toys looking for hosts thread.

[note to self]Organise an itinerary for the toys, and not organise hosts at the last minute[/note to self]

Mira has arrived at her new host, another Postcrosser :) and Alfie should be with another Postcrosser!
Do not be afraid to say you would like to host one of my travelling toys!
Toys lost? Misty Rose Baconella Hoots  Bubo  Lintilla - on the lookout for replacements from charity shops.

I have taken on more activities/commitments/responsibilities... still adjusting and may be a bit slow with updates...

Posted Sep 30, 2012, 8:07 pm
mmm105
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Send an email to mmm105 Send a personal messsage to mmm105 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

When we can start to vote?
My toys: Kurnau and Troot, Amie, Ape Apina, Bzzzzz, Suomi-girl, Suomi-boy

...and my missing toys :'(  Purr Pörri, Druri, Niiskuneiti, Hipsu, Stella & Luna

I'm currently hosting: -

I'm a postcrosser, too!
:)

Posted Oct 14, 2012, 9:51 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

I will have to finish everything next weekend and then start to upload the nominations - behind the scenes, of course. So the voting will be in November. It's rather late for this year, but so it is. Next years Golden Bears will be sooner as you can read above.

Posted Oct 15, 2012, 6:19 pm
Susie's
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Susie's Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Did the voting already started?
Just wanna make sure that I don't miss it. :D
My TV's
Poschti:is at home in Germany     

little T.B. : is at home Germany

Betty Bear:     is at home in Germany

Currently hosting: none

Posted Nov 12, 2012, 2:06 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

It will be out this week, if everything goes as it should

Posted Nov 12, 2012, 3:48 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable