ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » ToyVoyagers Cafe » In remembrance of Kate (our k...

Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
In remembrance of Kate (our kcrawfish)
fam-united

Member Level

Group: Members

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Here is her obituary were you can write or light a candle for her

Attached file: P1190296.jpg (693 downloads)
P1190296.jpg

Posted Oct 19, 2012, 4:44 pm
Yosemite
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Yosemite Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

In memory of Kate...

Posted Oct 19, 2012, 4:58 pm
beelicious
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to beelicious Visit beelicious's web site Send a personal messsage to beelicious Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

We will never forget her...
    If you need a host for your TV in 2020 - please write me.

Posted Oct 19, 2012, 5:46 pm
Eohippus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Send an email to Eohippus Send a personal messsage to Eohippus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Kate was one of the rare persons full of light.
http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/personal/pooh_go.gif  http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/mother_goose/MG_08.gif

Posted Oct 19, 2012, 7:36 pm
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I was really shocked when I got the message. She was full of life and shared her joy with other.
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Oct 19, 2012, 8:01 pm
MA_17
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit MA_17's web site Send a personal messsage to MA_17 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

We will miss her here :(

Posted Oct 19, 2012, 8:17 pm
mmm105
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Send an email to mmm105 Send a personal messsage to mmm105 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

So sad news... :( We will miss her.

I wish lots of strenght to her family.
My toys: Kurnau and Troot, Amie, Ape Apina, Bzzzzz, Suomi-girl, Suomi-boy

...and my missing toys :'(  Purr Pörri, Druri, Niiskuneiti, Hipsu, Stella & Luna

I'm currently hosting: -

I'm a postcrosser, too!
:)

Posted Oct 19, 2012, 8:25 pm
La_Kate_Boheme
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to La_Kate_Boheme Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Sending my prayers and thoughts to those who knew her.
Another kind soul left the planet way too early... She's in a better place now without any pain, watching over her family, friends and TV's from heaven...

Posted Oct 19, 2012, 8:27 pm
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Visit klubwerks's web site Send an AIM message to klubwerks Send a message to klubwerks with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to klubwerks Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I just heard the awful news. I'm so sad to hear about Kate! I didn't know her for long, but I will miss her fun and imaginative photos! She was so sweet. My love to your family Kate <3
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Oct 19, 2012, 11:29 pm Last edited Oct 19, 2012, 11:41 pm by klubwerks
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to miapearl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

She was among the nicest people I have met online. I will miss her.
If you are interested in hosting any of my toys please message me, or post in the appropriate toys looking for hosts thread.

[note to self]Organise an itinerary for the toys, and not organise hosts at the last minute[/note to self]

Mira has arrived at her new host, another Postcrosser :) and Alfie should be with another Postcrosser!
Do not be afraid to say you would like to host one of my travelling toys!
Toys lost? Misty Rose Baconella Hoots  Bubo  Lintilla - on the lookout for replacements from charity shops.

I have taken on more activities/commitments/responsibilities... still adjusting and may be a bit slow with updates...

Posted Oct 20, 2012, 12:00 am
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit BlackCat's web site Send a personal messsage to BlackCat Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I will miss her a lot. She was a great host and I love reading her updates.

All my thoughts are with her family and friends.
If you want to be hosted - just let me know.

Sadly my dear Wauzi moved to his dad...so now I have sweet little Jonathan to stay with me all the time. He is a stay-at-home Voyager.

If you want me to host your toy, please read this:
http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=1617 *no spaces available in 2015*

Posted Oct 20, 2012, 11:12 am
Dr.Kröbner
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Dr.Kröbner Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Rest in peace

Posted Oct 20, 2012, 2:26 pm
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Gizalba Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I am sad I didn't get to know Kate better. It's weird to not know what a person looks like, how they sound or how old they are, and yet through her messages I felt the spirit of a young fun-loving person. I was surprised to find out that she was much older than me, although way too young to be taken away :'( I have been reading through all of the messages she sent me over this last year and a half and it makes me smile to see her jokes and feel her love of life, to see that she seemed to hang on to the light even through such difficult times. I never guessed she was ill, I just thought she was very busy so I was happy to keep hosting her delightful Edelweiss. I will treasure her messages and postcards. And I am inspired by how she remained so upbeat. From my messages I have now remembered she was the first person to talk to me on this site, so welcoming, kind and helpful to newcomers and long-term members alike.

Every time I look at Edelweiss tears come to my eyes, which seems strange seeing as I only knew Kate through words. But it is as though a part of her is still here where I live. It is silly but one of my thoughts was 'how am I going to tell Edelweiss?'. She seems so real and the way Kate's spirit can live on through her TV creations, is truly wonderful.

I have just read Zoe's update and it made me happy to see her say that she will continue to see the world and have fun, as that is what her mom would have wanted. Edelweiss tells me she will do the same, and I have promised her that when we next can we will go to get some flowers to pay tribute and help set Kate's soul and Edelweiss's pain to rest.

You will be deeply missed dear Krawfish,
Love Edelweiss and Becca
Hello, I have been locked out of my account for a long time as I had forgotten my password. I had made another account (Gizalba2) so I was updating from there for a while, however I am back using this one now :)

TVs I still have whose owners have been absent for over a year:

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

If any of these owners come back and would like me to post these guys back to you, please let me know!

Posted Oct 20, 2012, 3:21 pm Last edited Oct 20, 2012, 3:26 pm by Gizalba
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.
I felt really close to Kate during all the years she had been here. I will keep her Fiona as a toyvoyager, that only travels with me from and with good friends from here, because I don't want to lose her. I will go on with updates too and I'm so sad and disappointed with myself, that I had such computer problems and then no time to write updates. She never will see my Sweden updates. I really don't know, how I can write them now. Fiona sits at my side since I know that she's gone, too. And I sit here and don't know, what to write.

Posted Oct 20, 2012, 3:39 pm
RikeH
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to RikeH Visit RikeH's web site Send a personal messsage to RikeH Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I cannot find the right words in English - so accept some German words here:

Das schönste Denkmal,
das ein Mensch bekommen kann,
steht in den Herzen der Mitmenschen.

(Albert Schweizer)

The most beautiful memorial that someone can get,
stands in the hearts of his friends.

Surely Kate's memorial will be in many of our hearts.

I am so sad.
RikeH
My ToyVoyagers :
PieksiHH stays with HoBi.
HolgiHH visits windy62.
PinkyHH stays with goldmoon.
UrselHH has fun with natalina

GustavHH, SunnyHH, NiliHH, TobiHH, ThomasHH and HelgaHH are at home.

UrselHH  the Second was kidnapped by EuroMaus.
MrCoolHH is LOST in Poland at inidhil.
KalliHH was kidnapped by Oppenheimer.
BineHH is lost on the way to vunder

And finally dicker Kumpel stays at home with me. He just started his own website - look here : Dicker Kumpel's website

Montgomery, Mephi,Sansone and Stoker are with me now. 

If you want to host one of my TVs, please send a PM! This year I prefer TV-Swaps.

Posted Oct 20, 2012, 5:54 pm
LittleCableCars
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to LittleCableCars Send a personal messsage to LittleCableCars Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I was buoyed up on the way to Sacramento for Kate's memorial service by your nice words here and in PMs. Knowing of candles and a fire lit in Europe added greatly to the support shown to her family and friends.

Two versions of Amazing Grace were played. One a straight forward instrumental arrangement and the other one is linked on my recent updates. It was introduced as being from Kate's favorite album.

Henna says Kate was full of light. I, too, think she lit up rooms and even the great outdoors.

Posted Oct 21, 2012, 6:04 pm
Leslie
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Chile

Visit Leslie's web site Send a personal messsage to Leslie Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm very sad to hear the sad news...
Kate always sounded so full of life and happines. I always admired how nice and welcoming she was with everyone. Having Ranil visit her was a great pleasure, she was a great host with a fun sense of humor and her updates were always fun to read...

Rest in peace, dear Kate. We will miss you.
Sadly I'm not able to host for now.

Posted Oct 21, 2012, 6:47 pm
Sabbel&Jenton
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Sabbel&Jenton Send a personal messsage to Sabbel&Jenton Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

We are still really shocked! It´s hard to find words to say. Kate was such a nice and lovely person. I always liked to write with her!
Since we know that she passed away Vanilla is always by our side.

Rest in peace Kate. You will never be forgotten!
Vanilla, Sabbel&Jenton
Would anyone from France or Wales like to host one of our TV´s? If interested, please contact us! :-)

Posted Oct 21, 2012, 7:13 pm Last edited Oct 22, 2012, 10:59 am by Sabbel&Jenton
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

It seems, that I start to think again. I will first ask her family, before I do any update with Fiona. I deleted all my updates again, because it felt too strange for me to go on with it. I will let you know, what her family wants us to do as soon as possible.
My updates were a way to work with my grieve. I'm not over it, but I will try to find another way.
Kind regards,
Petra

Posted Oct 21, 2012, 8:52 pm Last edited Oct 21, 2012, 8:54 pm by fam-united
Yosemite
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Yosemite Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thank you, Petra

Posted Oct 22, 2012, 1:02 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable