ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Improvements to the site » Scam Warning

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Scam Warning, Impersonating an Email Sender's ID
hanachan
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Japan

Send a personal messsage to hanachan Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Today I received e-mail from Golden Bears 2010. We members all know this account is real. (yahoo.com.uk)
The subject was "fw:hello" and only URL link was written.
The link begins "www.seelenbuerste.de" and this site exists. But it redirected to the another URL. (weight loss supplements!!)
Very well-done fake. Be careful!

By the way, I checked the full header of that mail.
This e-mail reached to me via servers in Chile, Russia and USA.
Message header analyzer

*Posted Jun 13, 2013, 6:34 pm
Eohippus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Send an email to Eohippus Send a personal messsage to Eohippus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thank you for warning!
Gosh they are too smart with these things. :mad:
http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/personal/pooh_go.gif  http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/mother_goose/MG_08.gif

Posted Jun 13, 2013, 7:15 pm
Eshara
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Trinidad and Tobago

Send an email to Eshara Visit Eshara's web site Send a personal messsage to Eshara Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I got the same email a short while ago. I deleted and flagged it straight away.
Unfortunately, I'm not Hosting at this time.
I will update accordingly when I do start Hosting.
Thank you for understanding!😊

My ToyVoyagers' Itinerary:-

Puffalumps is lost somewhere 😓😡...

Owen H.M-Fips is safe with charteuxheart in Vietnam!!! We made contact after two years! Owen will soon be home! UPDATE: Sep. 27, 2015: I have no idea what has become of Owen now :-(

Bernie R.G.Bear is safe with Apartmentcat in Australia and will soon be on the way to JemmaJ in the U.K.! be home! UPDATE: Sep. 27, 2015: I have no idea what has become of Bernie now :-(

JBF Bear is safe with Mausbären in Austria!!!We made contact after two years! UPDATE: No further contact. I have no idea where JBF Bear is :-(

Sunshiney is having fun with papa_always in China! UPDATE: No news in a long time :-(

MiniMoo left inamerica8 in January 2015 to visit BlackCat in Germany but has not yet arrived :-(

GiGi Giraffe is having fun with Salvia in Germany! UPDATE: No news in a long time :-(

...and

ZeeZee Zebra is having fun with BlackCat in Germany! UPDATE: No news in a long time :-(

Posted Jun 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Gizalba Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I have just received a similar email, yup thanks for the warning!
Hello, I have been locked out of my account for a long time as I had forgotten my password. I had made another account (Gizalba2) so I was updating from there for a while, however I am back using this one now :)

TVs I still have whose owners have been absent for over a year:

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

If any of these owners come back and would like me to post these guys back to you, please let me know!

Posted Jun 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
Leslie
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Chile

Visit Leslie's web site Send a personal messsage to Leslie Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I recieved a similar email from Golden Bears as well
Sadly I'm not able to host for now.

Posted Jun 14, 2013, 3:44 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I wonder, why do don't inform me about these things? I had no chance to go online due to my husbands illness - chemo again. So I only stumbled over this message here in the forum.

Please get in contact with me personally at once, after you received such a message

Posted Jun 15, 2013, 9:41 am
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable