ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » What's new? » Christmas release / December ...

Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Christmas release / December wild release, 6th December 2013 to 6th January
fam-united

Member Level

Group: Members

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Please join in if you can - all you need is one toy (one you have already, buy one, or one from a charity shop) and then PM olgamaus or me for an ID.  Make a tag and release it 'into the wild' somewhere fun or give it away as a Christmas present. Release Time (6th December 2013 to 6th January 2014)
ToyVoyagers can get picked up straightaway, or sometimes not turn up for years - it's all part of the journey!

Please ask if you have any questions!

What is a Wild Release?
It essentially involves leaving a ToyVoyager in a public place for somebody to find at random.  The idea is that the finder of the toy takes it travelling with them and you get to share it's adventures because they write updates and upload photos to its travelog.

Get Involved! - Release some ToyVoyagers yourself!!
If you have never tried releasing a ToyVoyager into the wild, the Worldwide Release (22nd December 2013 to 1rst January 2014) is a great time to do it.  You will be joining lots of other members in an experiment to see what happens to them when they are left in public places for people to find at random.  You never know, they could end up travelling for thousands of miles!

How to get involved:

1) Get yourself some smallish stuffed toys

2) Reply to this forum topic saying how many ToyVoyagers you want to release and in which country or tell us, how many ToyVoyagers you want to give away as a Christmas present and in which country you will do it.

3) We will send you an ID number for each ToyVoyager that you are going to release.

4) Once you have the IDs you will be able to create profiles and travelogs for each ToyVoyager.

5) Make an ID tag for each ToyVoyager.
The ID tag needs to include a short message directing the finder of the ToyVoyager to toyvoyagers.com, along with the ID number which will allow the finder to write a travelog update when they get here.

6) Encourage other members to get involved while you're waiting for the Release week to get here.

7) During the Release Time (22nd December 2013 to 1rst January 2014) leave your ToyVoyagers in public places for people to find at random.

8) Wait and see what happens!!

There's only one proper rule:
Any ToyVoyagers that you set up must be released into the wild, you can't just keep them or send them off to hosts, but you can give it away as a present to someone special.

'Releasing in 2013' are:

FOUND!

Posted Nov 24, 2013, 8:26 pm Last edited Nov 29, 2013, 5:58 pm by fam-united
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit BlackCat's web site Send a personal messsage to BlackCat Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I would love to join but I will probably just spend time in Essen - I hope that's not bad? :)

I can release 3 toys. :)
If you want to be hosted - just let me know.

Sadly my dear Wauzi moved to his dad...so now I have sweet little Jonathan to stay with me all the time. He is a stay-at-home Voyager.

If you want me to host your toy, please read this:
http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=1617 *no spaces available in 2015*

Posted Nov 24, 2013, 10:31 pm
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm in with maybe 2 or 3 TVs.
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Nov 25, 2013, 9:32 am
Miss-Cynical
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Miss-Cynical Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Cool idea - although I have only bad experiences with releasing books into the wild (bookcrossing) I will try this with two TVs.

I have a sheep and a little polar bear ready to be released for Xmas in the area of Schleswig-Holstein or Hamburg.

http://www.spidercity.de/div/lily/sheeppolar.jpg

Posted Nov 25, 2013, 8:22 pm Last edited Nov 25, 2013, 8:33 pm by Miss-Cynical
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thank you for joining in. Please talk about it in the forum and let other members know about the release, too.

Posted Nov 27, 2013, 2:22 pm
Miss-Cynical
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Miss-Cynical Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

sure!

Could you please send me two IDs - I sent a pn.
Thanks!

Posted Nov 27, 2013, 9:17 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Of course :) I just had been to busy to sort out, where the IDs are on my computer, which finally works again. Please read my pm

Posted Nov 28, 2013, 5:56 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Due to a suggestion of one member - thank you olgamaus :) - I open the release on 6th December and I thought, that we just make it a month of releases. So it will close on 6th January.

Posted Nov 29, 2013, 5:49 pm
Miss-Cynical
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Germany

cool :-)

I just activated my TVs yesterday (thanks for the IDs, fam-united):

Smilla and Bolmur

Travelogs to follow!

Posted Nov 30, 2013, 11:36 am Last edited Nov 30, 2013, 11:37 am by Miss-Cynical
Emjay
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send a personal messsage to Emjay Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I have a Christmas reindeer who is bored outof his mind. I want to send the poor fellow on an adventure. Could you give me an ID please?
Millicent (call her Millie, please) is living with her boyfriend Aaron with Goomymia in Norway.
Gozer is home
Minnilotta is with RikeH.
Slowly-Slowly is on his way from Beijing. Maybe lost???
Dille is with RikeH.
Cuty is home
Dutchy the Lion is home
Racko is in Finland with Henna
Humphrey is in New Zealand
Snowy the Seal is in Italy with Goldmoon
Hollandia is home
Second Hand Rose was released in the wild
Tupah was released in the wild in Igoumenitsa, Greece
Rudolph was released in the wild

Posted Dec 2, 2013, 1:55 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

IDs sent to BlackCat and Emjay. Please keep us posted. We are curious to see, where they start their journeys.

Posted Dec 3, 2013, 8:25 pm Last edited Dec 3, 2013, 8:26 pm by fam-united
Tatterdemalion
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Finland

Send an email to Tatterdemalion Visit Tatterdemalion's web site Send a personal messsage to Tatterdemalion Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi! I have one small stuffed animal which I would like to release. My location is Finland. (:
Grow wise - remain child at heart <3

Posted Dec 7, 2013, 5:05 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

ID sent to Tatterdemalion. Please keep us posted and good luck for the wild release :)

Posted Dec 9, 2013, 6:25 pm
Miss-Cynical
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Germany

I released Bolmur today!

He's now in Itzehoe at the "Book Booth" - that's a former telephone box that is now a library for free books.
Let's keep our fingers crossed that he will be rescued soon! :-)

Smilla's release will follow in a few days at a different location.

Posted Dec 11, 2013, 6:27 pm
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I activated EleFranzi and RedPinky today. They will be released tomorrow in a large city in the Ruhr area.
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Dec 13, 2013, 3:10 pm
Miss-Cynical
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Germany

I released Smilla today at a Shopping mall.

Posted Dec 17, 2013, 4:42 pm
Tatterdemalion
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Finland

Send an email to Tatterdemalion Visit Tatterdemalion's web site Send a personal messsage to Tatterdemalion Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi!

I have released Hille in the Pohjois-Pohjanmaa region in Finland.

Best regards,
Tatterdemalion :)
Grow wise - remain child at heart <3

Posted Dec 27, 2013, 11:13 am Last edited Dec 27, 2013, 11:14 am by Tatterdemalion
Emjay
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send a personal messsage to Emjay Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

@Miss Cynical: that's a good idea to put your wild TV in a plastic bag! I think I may do the same.

My wild TV Rudolph is still with me at home. I'm waiting for a good time to release him. But I certainly will do so before 6 January!

Good luck all, on your releases!

Emjay
Millicent (call her Millie, please) is living with her boyfriend Aaron with Goomymia in Norway.
Gozer is home
Dille is with RikeH.
Cuty is home
Dutchy the Lion is home
Hollandia is home

Posted Dec 28, 2013, 8:43 am
Emjay
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Rudolph (the Rednosed Reindeer) has been set free yesterday! Pictures will follow soon.
Gozer is home
Dille is with RikeH.
Cuty is home
Dutchy the Lion is home
Hollandia is home

Posted Jan 3, 2014, 3:30 pm
Emjay
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Hi everyone,

Here is where I left Rudolph: inside the tower of the New Church in Delft. I hope someone nice will pick him up!

Attached file: IMG_6461.JPG (137 downloads)
IMG_6461.JPG
Gozer is home
Dille is with RikeH.
Cuty is home
Dutchy the Lion is home
Hollandia is home

Posted Jan 4, 2014, 3:28 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable