ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » What's new? » Golden Bears 2014 - new way

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Golden Bears 2014 - new way
fam-united

Member Level

Group: Members

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Show your favorite photo of each month. It may be a photo, that you took of one of your guests or own toyvoyagers, but also a photo of any other toyvoyager, which stayed with someone else. Please post the photo with a link to the toyvoyager and the host.
I try to do this as help for finding the Golden Bears for 2014. I think, all other ways didn't work. At first we received too few answers and then we just don't find the time to get things up for voting. At the moment I can't create the voting as we did during the last years and I had no chance to find another suitable way to do it. So at least we will try to restart the Golden Bears for 2014 - month by month and in January we can sort the nominated photos into the categories and start voting then.

Show your photo in the Golden Bear thread.

Right now you find:
January
February
March

Posted Mar 14, 2014, 6:39 pm Last edited Mar 14, 2014, 6:43 pm by fam-united
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Does anyone have problems to write an answer to this or the other threads? I heard, that one member has problems and I would like to know, if there are more members with the same problem. At least I just would be happy to read, what you think about this way of finding the Golden Bear photos.

Kind regards
Petra

Posted Mar 17, 2014, 2:55 pm
RikeH
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to RikeH Visit RikeH's web site Send a personal messsage to RikeH Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hello Petra,

now I try to write an answer.

I like your idea - and will search photos soon  :D

I tried to answer at the Golden Bears Part, and it didn't work.

RikeH
My ToyVoyagers :
PieksiHH stays with HoBi.
HolgiHH visits goldmoon.
PinkyHH stays with Emjay.

GustavHH, SunnyHH, NiliHH, TobiHH, UrselHH, ThomasHH and HelgaHH are at home.

UrselHH  the Second was kidnapped by EuroMaus.
MrCoolHH is LOST in Poland at inidhil.
KalliHH was kidnapped by Oppenheimer.
BineHH is lost on the way to vunder

And finally dicker Kumpel stays at home with me. He just started his own website - look here : Dicker Kumpel's website

Dille, Minnilotta, Sansone and Stoker are with me now. 

If you want to host one of my TVs, please send a PM! This year I prefer TV-Swaps.

Posted Mar 17, 2014, 2:58 pm Last edited Mar 17, 2014, 3:00 pm by RikeH
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Hi Rike,

I reposted everything in our Competitions thread. I think, it should work now.

I'm looking forward to find your favorite photos there :)

Greetings, Petra

Posted Mar 17, 2014, 3:14 pm
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I like the new idea. And maybe that way it doesn't have to be the absolutely perfect super-photo which requires me to view many many travelogs, maybe it can just be a photo I came across and liked a lot. I know the reason I didn't participate in nominations in the old version was that I felt like I hadn't viewed enough travelogs and needed to do more research that I didn't have the time for. During the year I liked some updates and photos a lot but by the time nominations came around I had forgotten where to find them. It's good to have more frequent "nominations" and also recognition for good updates in a more timely manner.
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Mar 17, 2014, 4:29 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

That was my thought too. Years ago I went through many many travelogs to find photos. Then we got more and more travelogs and it was impossible to do it myself, but I also realized, that it is impossible to go through them all at the end of the year, if it comes to only my own guests and own toyvoyagers. And I think, it is good, that there's no need to add a photo each month - if you don't find one then just let it be and post nothing.

Of course the photo shouldn't be blurry and there shouldn't be a finger or arm on it.

And when time comes, we can discuss, which categories we want and which not.

Posted Mar 17, 2014, 4:41 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

And I want to suggest, that we maybe can write comments to the photos at once, if we want to do it. It makes the forum more awake again. How do you think about this?

Posted Mar 17, 2014, 4:43 pm
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

If you start opening the competition at the first of the month everybody can post a picture as they come across them, if I come across a picture I like just as well or even better later in the month, can I post again or change my post?
Will we all vote on the pictures posted at the end of the month?
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Mar 17, 2014, 7:38 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

I plan to open it at the first of each month. And maybe, at least for the first time until we know it better, we can add more than only one favorite photo. Only if we see, that there are too many photos we maybe should stop it and go to one or two photos, which can be added by each single member.

I thought, that we could do the "voyager of the month" out of it, but I still have to work on the "Voyager of the month" problem. It would mean, that we have to make a little voting at the last day of each month to find the new "voyager of the month".

Posted Mar 17, 2014, 8:23 pm
Ingenieurin
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to Ingenieurin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

So, how does it work? Can I post the photo here now? How many?

Posted Mar 18, 2014, 3:04 am Last edited Mar 18, 2014, 3:04 am by Ingenieurin
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Please post your photos here:

January

February

March

I would say, that we post one or two photos each month. I hope, that many members will take part, so we don't need too many photos nominated by the same member. We will see, if we have enough photos at the end of March and then maybe think about changing this rule then.

Best wishes
Petra

Posted Mar 18, 2014, 6:30 am Last edited Mar 18, 2014, 6:30 am by fam-united
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable