ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Dazed and Confused? » Question about photos

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Question about photos
kawsxx
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Group: Members

Mexico

Send a personal messsage to kawsxx Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

This is a technical-related question, I have a regular samsung digital camera (nothing fancy) and I've been struggling with the TV photos recently because the camera focuses the toy and whatever is on the back becomes kind of blurry (since the focus is on the toy) or it will focus whatever's on the back and the toy will become blurry... Has anyone experienced the same? Do you know if it's something I can arrange with the setup?
Any tips are more than welcome! Thanks (:

Posted May 20, 2014, 9:10 pm
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

That's just a normal optical effect due to the lenses.
Some cameras have a setting that's called something like: "portrait and landscape" and has people in front of a mountain as an icon or something similar.
You could also manually adjust aperture and shutter.
But generally if you hold a tv in your hand and want a major sight like a castle/church or landscape in the background, the two are too far apart to both be in focus and the tv is too close to the camera.
You can solve this by getting further away from the tv when you take the picture: either set the tv down on a wall or so, or have someone else hold them.
Or when that isn't possible/convenient I just take two pictures: one focussed on the tv, the other on the background.
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted May 21, 2014, 8:19 pm
sannah
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United States

Send an email to sannah Send a personal messsage to sannah Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

What also worked for me: Focus on the background first, then move the TV into the picture - and snap!
My resources are limited! To offer the best and most personal experiences, I host only 2-3 TV at the same time.
Currently hosting: Hansi Hü
Expecting: none.
Kwaadapp is (lost) in Iran, Tommi is with me.

Posted May 22, 2014, 9:40 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable